It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House : Taliban isn't US enemy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

White House Stands by Biden Statement That Taliban Isn't U.S. Enemy

The White House on Monday defended Vice President Joe Biden for saying that the Taliban isn't an enemy of the United States despite the years spent fighting the militant Islamic group that gave a home to Al Qaeda and its leader Usama bin Laden while he plotted the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

"It is a simple fact that we went into Afghanistan because of the attack on the United States on Sept. 11, 2001. We are there now to ultimately defeat Al Qaeda, to stabilize Afghanistan and stabilize it in part so that Al Qaeda or other terrorists who have as their aim attacks on the United States cannot establish a foothold again in that country," Carney continued.

Yeah Al-CIAda is the enemy...
Try looking in Virgina at CIA headquarters.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Oh good, I was waiting for someone to create a thread, I just read that, I am sickened right now, they said these people are responsible for 9/11, now they are not our enemy, I want to cry it's so disgusting, wtf!.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Taliban dont exist, they disbanded around 1996... the only threat now is al-quieda

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
NDAA 2012

SEC. 1034. AFFIRMATION OF ARMED CONFLICT WITH
AL-QAEDA, THE TALIBAN, AND ASSOCIATED FORCES.
Congress affirms that—

the United States is engaged in an armed
conflict with al-Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated
forces and that those entities continue to pose a threat
to the United States and its citizens, both domestically and abroad;

Wow, our country is truly Schitzo. And Biden goes on to say that although we are fighting them, they are not our enemy. This government really has gone around the bend.
edit on 12-20-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This is great news! Now we can pack up our soldiers and have them all home by Summer, right? Right? Guys, are you there? Why do I hear crickets?

/TOA

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Well schizo in what they say, but really, the enemy of the government has always been whoever opposes the banks. That means the 99%.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I heard the next enemy is Father Christmas, he is red like the communists and wears something on his head like the Taliban. People will fool for it.

He's also as made up as the threat of the communists and the Taliban.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Tea4One because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Oh good, I was waiting for someone to create a thread, I just read that, I am sickened right now, they said these people are responsible for 9/11, now they are not our enemy, I want to cry it's so disgusting, wtf!.

The Taliban had nothing to do with 911, they operate with sticks and rocks. They were the ruling power in Afghanistan at the times that OBL was thought to be operating there.

In fact, when trying to revive the stalled pipeline deal the Taliban and the US (Halliburton and KBR) were working on, they offered to capture OBL and hand him over to authorities as a good faith measure. the US told them to stuff it.

i assume this happened long after they were invited to Texas and shown around by Bush.

See how propaganda works?

Taliban, Afghanistan, Al queda, Iraq, Iran, Saddam, Osama, Obama.....

Just keep repeating and "accidentally" mixing them up and you've got scores of people who believe Iraq had ties to 911, the Taliban had ties to 911, etc etc.

That is exactly how disinformation works.
edit on 20-12-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well that's sure to boost the morale of the troops...

So who's the guy with the RPG ??

What will be the blurb next week.

Oh that's right..they're undercover evil Iranians..

Cosmic..

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

No, Actually they never said the "Taliban" were responsible for 911.
Check the facts. please.

Originally posted by definity
Taliban dont exist, they disbanded around 1996... the only threat now is al-quieda

The Taliban had been in power since 1996. You may be thinking of the Afghan Mujaheddin. [Which was formed to fight off the Soviets] The Taliban had taken control of the Capital and was in a civil war with the Afghan Northern Alliance up until NATO stepped in and helped them kick the Taliban to the street.

Originally posted by The Old American
This is great news! Now we can pack up our soldiers and have them all home by Summer, right? Right? Guys, are you there? Why do I hear crickets?

/TOA

OBL is dead [However/whenever he was killed] and The Taliban are no longer in power. I've said this before and it went over like a fart in Church. The US should just declare victory and pull out. Both of those two objectives have been accomplished.

Bring our boys home.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Sooo how much Al Quaeda was/is in Afghanistan then?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

OBL is dead [However/whenever he was killed] and The Taliban are no longer in power. I've said this before and it went over like a fart in Church. The US should just declare victory and pull out. Both of those two objectives have been accomplished.

Bring our boys home.

You are overlooking the whole reason for attacking the Taliban in the first place, namely the proposed oil and gas pipelines across Afghanistan and the Taliban's near removal of the opium trade.

The US government and the UNOCAL consortium tried stiffing the Taliban on transport tariffs and the Taliban told them to go poke their pipelines where the sun don't shine. I seem to remember the Taliban representatives even being hosted for dinner at the residence of the governor of Texas (Guess who!) on a visit to the US for pipeline talks. So much sucking up and those ungrateful goat herders didn't roll over.

So, the US had good reason to want the Taliban removed from power, and the whole manufactured 9/11 event gave them the green light to go in and remove them. Unfortunately, having installed the UNOCAL / Taliban go-between in power, he soon realised what a precarious position he was in, with attacks likely from both sides if he did or said the wrong thing.
Oh, what a tangled web, and all that!

The US and it's NATO boot lickers are not gonna be leaving any time soon, now that the opium trade is booming again and those pipelines need built.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by definity

You mean the Afghan Mujaheddin dont exist no more since they dismantled in 1996, and now the only threat is you'r own government who fabricated Al quieda to replace such Boogy-Men. .

With that said...back in you'r box

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

White House Stands by Biden Statement That Taliban Isn't U.S. Enemy

The White House on Monday defended Vice President Joe Biden for saying that the Taliban isn't an enemy of the United States despite the years spent fighting the militant Islamic group that gave a home to Al Qaeda and its leader Usama bin Laden while he plotted the Sept. 11 terror attacks.

"It is a simple fact that we went into Afghanistan because of the attack on the United States on Sept. 11, 2001. We are there now to ultimately defeat Al Qaeda, to stabilize Afghanistan and stabilize it in part so that Al Qaeda or other terrorists who have as their aim attacks on the United States cannot establish a foothold again in that country," Carney continued.

Yeah Al-CIAda is the enemy...
Try looking in Virgina at CIA headquarters.

I have a question that I haven't heard anyone ask in any of these threads. Do you think the government had knowledge of the vast mineral deposits that were "discovered" after we went in.?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The Taliban have always been welcome in the White House, here Reagan is meeting with them;

President Reagan and Mullah Omar and Taliban Delegation in Oval Office

Once the Taliban were ‘friends’ of the United States. They met with President Reagan, even Mullah Omar sat in the Oval Office. They met with in Houston, Texas with Unocal in 1997 to discuss the Afghanistan Pipeline Project. Houston is known as the Kabul of the United States.

In 1997 A Taliban delegation met several time in Texas with Unocal and GW Bush, they also met with Halliburton and even Enron - the big talks were over the planned pipelines through Afghanistan.

Taleban in Texas for talks on gas pipeline

As it turned out, the Taliban were not as easy to negotiate with as everyone assumed, they were not the pushovers Unocal expected. They demanded tariffs on the pipeline and a greater say. The Bilderberg meetings of 1991 and 2001 indicated how far the US regime would go to obtain Afghanistan's acquiescence, in 1991 to coerce the Taliban into an agreement on the pipeline and then in 2001 to force them into acquiescence through the 'war on terror'. (9/11 ~ The Basic Questions : All In One Chunk)

There's also a lot said about Bush, who 'spiked' the probes into the Taliban and Bin Laden in order to get the oil pipeline deal done, which had been brewing since the mid-90's;

FBI and US Spy Agents Say Bush Spiked Bin Laden Probes Before 11 September (scroll down)

The Guardian (London)
Wednesday, November 7, 2001
Officials told to 'back off' on Saudis before September 11
by Greg Palast and David Pallister
“FBI and military intelligence officials in Washington say they were prevented for political reasons from carrying out full investigations into members of the Bin Laden family in the US before the terrorist attacks of September 11.”

“US intelligence agencies have come under criticism for their wholesale failure to predict the catastrophe at the World Trade Centre. But some are complaining that their hands were tied.”

“But the FBI files were closed in 1996 apparently before any conclusions could be reached on either the Bin Laden brothers or the organisation itself. High-placed intelligence sources in Washington told the Guardian this week: "There were always constraints on investigating the Saudis".”

“They said the restrictions became worse after the Bush administration took over this year. The intelligence agencies had been told to "back off" from investigations involving other members of the Bin Laden family, the Saudi royals, and possible Saudi links to the acquisition of nuclear weapons by Pakistan.”

May also want to check out:
Crude Politics: How Bush's Oil Cronies Hijacked the War on Terrorism

Especially check out the interview with the author at the bottom of that page; Sperry relates who some of the cronies are:

Paul Sperry: They include onetime Caspian energy industry lobbyist Zalmay Khalilzad, Bush's broker for regime change in Kabul and now Baghdad; Dick Cheney, whose Halliburton Co. has long been a player in both the Caspian and in Iraq; Condi Rice, longtime director of ChevronTexaco, the Caspian's biggest investor and also a player now in Iraq; Deputy Secretary of State Rich Armitage, formerly a powerful Caspian lobbyist in Washington; commerce secretary Don Evans, whose former oil firm is partly owned by Unocal, the original lead investor in the trans-Afghan pipelines that Khalilzad lobbied for and which are now on the fast track to development...the rest of the cronies are listed in the "Players & Power Brokers" section in the front of Crude Politics. Many of them were among the principals who crafted the post-9/11 war strategy.

The only thing the Taliban were ever the enemy of were impeding the profits of Big Oil, and it took a phony War on Terror to remove them. Heck their scheme was working so well the US expanded it to include Iraq too. This WH is finally admitting what most of us knew all along.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The Taliban have always been welcome in the White House, here Reagan is meeting with them;

Notice the Female on the right?
Those are Mujaheddin [All tribe inclusive] not the Taliban [Who wouldn't stand for an unmasked female]

[Some later joined the Taliban] I'm surprised that you went through all of that time and effort to present the follow along details and yet didn't include that fact.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The chief member in that delegation is Mullah Omar, or Mohammad Omar, and the defacto leader of the Taliban from 1996 to 2001 when he went into hiding;

Mohammed Omar Wikipedia

All the negotiating, money, and deal-making between him and Reagan/Bush or the USA, was in fact with the Taliban, even if they didn't officially adopt that moniker.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
The chief member in that delegation is Mullah Omar, or Mohammad Omar, and the defacto leader of the Taliban from 1996 to 2001 when he went into hiding;

Reagan left office in 1989
Bush left office in 1992

Mohammed Omar Wikipedia
All the negotiating, money, and deal-making between him and Reagan/Bush or the USA, was in fact with the Taliban, even if they didn't officially adopt that moniker.

From you're own source

Forming the Taliban

Following the Soviet withdrawal from Afghanistan in 1989 and the collapse of Najibullah's Soviet-backed regime in 1992, the country fell into chaos as various mujahideen factions fought for control. Omar returned to Singesar and founded a madrassah.

in 1994 he had a dream in which a woman told him: "We need your help; you must rise. You must end the chaos. God will help you."Mullah Omar started his movement with less than 50 armed madrassah students, known simply as the Taliban (Students). His recruits came from madrassahs in Afghanistan and from the Afghan refugee camps across the border in Pakistan. They fought against the rampant corruption that had emerged in the civil war period and were initially welcomed by Afghans weary of warlord rule. Reportedly, in early 1994, Omar led 30 men armed with 16 rifles to free youths who had been kidnapped and raped by a warlord, hanging the local commander from a tank gun barrel....

His movement gained momentum through the year, and he quickly gathered recruits from Islamic schools. By November 1994, Omar's movement managed to capture the whole of Kandahar Province and then captured Herat in September 1995.

edit on 20-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Bring our boys home.

You are overlooking the whole reason for attacking the Taliban in the first place, namely the proposed oil and gas pipelines across Afghanistan and the Taliban's near removal of the opium trade.

The US government and the UNOCAL consortium tried stiffing the Taliban on transport tariffs and the Taliban told them to go poke their pipelines where the sun don't shine. I seem to remember the Taliban representatives even being hosted for dinner at the residence of the governor of Texas (Guess who!) on a visit to the US for pipeline talks. So much sucking up and those ungrateful goat herders didn't roll over.

So, the US had good reason to want the Taliban removed from power, and the whole manufactured 9/11 event gave them the green light to go in and remove them. Unfortunately, having installed the UNOCAL / Taliban go-between in power, he soon realised what a precarious position he was in, with attacks likely from both sides if he did or said the wrong thing.
Oh, what a tangled web, and all that!

The US and it's NATO boot lickers are not gonna be leaving any time soon, now that the opium trade is booming again and those pipelines need built.

Also with Iraq conquered having bases in Afghanistan, means us bases are to the weast AND east of Iran. Iran running his own pipeline projects (through Iran), completed ahead of the Unocal pipeline, spells more trouble for western interests.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How does that change anything? Mullah Omar, founder of the Taliban, met with Reagan, and would later meet with Texas representatives. He was on the receiving end of a lot of aid from the USA before he was labeled an enemy. Even as late as 2002 the Taliban offered to turn over Bin Laden but that offer was ignored.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join