It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone help me get out of the false left right paradigm ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
The funniest thing about the false left/right paradigm is that the people who claim it exists are usually leftists.

Weird.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

I know you meant that as a jab at lefties but all it sounded like was "right-winged people are more likely to be ignorant of current events".

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Here's another valuable piece of information gleaned from Sutton's material.

The following interview with Mr. Sutton is dated July 6, 1999

Antony C. Sutton, 74, has been persecuted but never prosecuted for his research and subsequent publishing of his findings. His mainstream career was shattered by his devotion towards uncovering the truth. In 1968, his Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development was published by The Hoover Institute at Stanford University. Sutton showed how the Soviet state's technological and manufacturing base, which was then engaged in supplying the North Vietnamese the armaments and supplies to kill and wound American soldiers, was built by US firms and mostly paid for by the US taxpayers. From their largest steel and iron plant, to automobile manufacturing equipment, to precision ball-bearings and computers, basically the majority of the Soviet's large industrial enterprises had been built with the United States help or technical assistance.

www.rense.com...
To me this is truly an amazing statement of awareness.

While the Wall Street bankers and wealthy industrialists get wealthy from all the wars and build up for wars(not just defense contractors but the bankers too), the anti war people who protested the viet nam wars were just protesting the killing of people. Leftist components were very much involved as such as the likes of Jerry Rubin (communist) and Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn and the SDS(also communists).
Do you see how the left protected the communist insugents of N Vietnamese by protesting our involvement in the war? The elites supplied the Soviets and the left protested our involvement in the war for the purpose of diluting our efforts.

Here's another important piece of the puzzle relating to our educational system

AS - Depends what you want to find. You could explore the 10(?) volume works of Dewey... outrageous Hegelianism, the state is supreme, the individual merely a pawn to be trained. This is the basis of our 'educational system"...or you could go and explore the members of S&B who brought the system to the US. This trained "sausage mind" outlook has thoroughly permeated our universities--that's why we have the peer review system...we are all supposed to think alike and find the same answers. This political correctness garbage is another step to total thought control.

edit on 20-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I took that the same way. It was totally a jab at lefties, but in reading it I immediately thought that was so because most righties that I know personally are way more into obedience and conformity and the party rhetoric as gospel. Most of my leftie friends are more free-thinking and open to new ideas. Again, those views are based onpersonal experience. I know they sound like stereotypes and I know that not everyone thinks that way. Yadda yadda yadda. Just pointing out what I observe.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We need to encourage the growth of Independents.

The pubs represent the"Right", they say, and the dems represent the "Left" but I think Huey was right more than 80 years ago

Huey Long: "They've got a set of Republican waiters on one side and a set of Democratic waiters on the other side, but no matter which set of waiters brings you the dish, the legislative grub is all prepared in the same Wall Street kitchen."

I don't think it's changed.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Originally posted by Carseller4
The funniest thing about the false left/right paradigm is that the people who claim it exists are usually leftists.

Weird.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

I know you meant that as a jab at lefties but all it sounded like was "right-winged people are more likely to be ignorant of current events".

Basically. It comes down to the simple undeniable fact that those who believe in conservative values are very likely indoctrinated into the system and very often do not think for themselves. What is the very definition of conservative? To stick to the old and tried. Never change or question anything. Funny how most are Christian too, huh? Those who lean left are open minded and often challenge the status quo. This is why the false paradigm is recognized more by the left. They critically think for themselves. In the end the American political left always seems the lesser of 2 evils for most Americans. This is why they vote that way even if they subscribe to the theory of puppet representatives.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
OP - I know what you mean. It can be very difficult relating to family and friends when they can't see through the smoke screen to understand that we live in a corporate oligarchy. Just mentioning it and it's like looking at a deer in headlights, they can't even process it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Those with the ability to see past the con known as the paradigm are not leftists or even righties as that would be playing right into the paradigm but have long since abandoned all parties to back the only team and party that should and only matter and that is the American party and team.

We that can have a thinking brain and don't need people like Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Kieth Olbermann, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz to tell us what to think or what to say as we can draw our own conclusions that are based in reality, logic and common sense.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oldfogie

The Independents like the Libretarians are "bought and paid" too so to prop them up as the "End all, Be all" is wrong. Vote for a no namer as they've gotta be a helluva lot better then the current crop of mindless airheaded robots we are being offered today.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join