It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free ATS Member IQ Test

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good idea, and it should be used as criteria for joining. It would also help explain some people's posts.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, i'll be deleting that e-mail from IQtest.com. . dont wnat people seeing that now do i. .

I think i just pass as been smarter than a gold fish

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Don't need to take an online test.

Many years ago, I joined the USAF before I finished high school. The reason I quit high school was that the last school of the 13 I attended was small and I had already completed every course they offered except for senior English. So I wound up taking English, typing and 5 study halls, as they wouldn't cut me loose.

So when I finished reading the library (granted, it was a small library), I joined the Air Force as soon as I turned 18.

The Air Force decided that I needed to be tested prior to letting me take the GED so they could send me to class for remedial education to ensure I would pass. Turned out I scored off their charts. So I was subjected to every test they could think to give, about four or five different IQ tests, the Officer Qualification Test, and a bunch of others. I was relieved from normal duties while they tested me.

Again I scored off their charts. My IQ results ranged from a low of 134 to a high of 155. I scored higher on the OQT than anyone they'd ever tested. At the end of the week they offered me an appointment to the Air Force Academy, which I declined.

The reason I declined is that the program under which the appointment was offered didn't protect me from RIF (reduction in force), meaning that I could lose my officer rank and be demoted to the last enlisted rank I held plus one in the event that the size of the officer corps was diminished by Congress, a frequent occurrence. Plus the fact that my assignment after the Academy would have been to an administrative or financial post, and most likely NOT a combat unit.

Being young and stupid (high intelligence doesn't preclude bouts of abject stupidity) I rejected their offer of a free education because I wished to remain in a combat unit near the aircraft I loved and feared going from an O-rank back down to E-3 or E-4, as I had seen that occur, and it wasn't pretty. It didn't occur to me that the education itself was bankable, as at the time I had my sights set on a military career and retirement, and a career as an admin or financial officer would have been pure hell for me.

In hindsight I probably made a dumb choice.

The point I'm making here is that, as any good role-player knows, there is a difference between intelligence and wisdom.

Having high intelligence doesn't matter much if you aren't wise, too. It merely increases the scope of the damage you can cause.

Some of the most highly intelligent people I've known were blithering idiots about most things.

Pity there isn't such a thing as a wisdom test.
edit on 20-12-2011 by apacheman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
But there's one thing that I rate more than intelligence and that's enthusiasm.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
But there's one thing that I rate more than intelligence and that's enthusiasm.

Add a big penis or boobs and you'r winnning

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Just X out of any of that. I really don't know why you are having trouble. I was able to take the test
for free without any hassles.

maybe try this one : www.mmm.pri.ee...
edit on 20-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: correction link

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Excellent words, and yes, Rummy had an accurate description
of those questions. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have always despised IQ tests, though I had to take them as a kid and into high school to stay at the school I attended from pre-k through 12. Yes I have used that to join MENSA and yes that was only done to put on my resume. While I completely agree that most with a high IQ have no common sense, I also believe that IQ tests are mainly just that....common sense tests and speed of reasoning ability. I don't think high IQ's necessarily make a person intelligent any more than muscles make a person athletic. Simple fact is that unless in a controlled environment and a standardized test these IQ tests are really a joke. Sure there is validity to the scores but again, I only interpret my score as my ability to apply knowledge to a previously unknown problem or issue because of a "link" my brain makes from a past problem or similar issue that allows me to figure out the answer more quickly than others. My opinion is that IQ is based a lot on life experience and as such it should increase unless a person sits idly or does nothing to encourage their own mind to expand......

Just re-read that and I have no idea what I am saying........

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Salutations there Apacheman, that was an interesting read. A wisdom test, now there is a
novel idea. Can you imagine how interesting something like that would be.
That would be a difficult school to get in to for most.

I hope you ,your brother, and those near and dear to you are well.
how is the garden coming along?
Blessings

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

You are right, it isn't a be all to end all. Furthermore, we all know it really depends
on how you apply yourself. Social skills come in to play as well.

What the hell, have Fun!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

HooHaa, thanks for the chuckle!
Have a great afternoon.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

yeah, I'm pretty wet right now.
The sky is grey.
It is quiet.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Good idea, lets see how high we can score on Call of Duty Black Ops "Nazi Zombies"
That is always a fun test of skill.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by jewells

There is a sneaky little box that says "see test results", if your IQ is above 100 you will find it.
It is indeed free.

Honest

Frig, I didn't find that!!!
I did however, eventually look in my junk folder after a good 40 minutes, & found it there!
120, which I thought was generous given my trouble at receiving it!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have always found that IQ is not a test of intelligence or ability to lear but rather the measure of the amount of time it takes someone to solve a puzzle. As such a person with a higher IQ can potentially recognize patters faster and thus solve the problem faster.

Many IQ tests generally have time limits on them and the time it takes to answer each problem is timed as well.

...Just my 2 cents....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not wasting my time or risking my hard drive on these useless tests at those cheap sites you linked to.
These crap sites are for rookies who just got a computer and click every thing that pops up. They're just data mining /malware sites. The last thing you should do is enter an email
address.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by Wildmanimal

Your first link asked me for my email address, made me do the test and then demanded six dollars, of which no mention was made earlier. And you were the one who said 'click all the links'.

I am alerting the staff.

You pay for the extra stuff.... Your general IQ is emailed to you free.

U

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just use sharklasers or an equivalent for the email.

I sign up for all kinds of obvious crap with that. Let the spam come.

sharklasers.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
It would be cool if there were an actual ATS Sponsor Forum for this.

You know, ATS Member , it is your turn, step up to the plate and take a swing.

That includes you Site Owners. There are no exemptions.

Max Intel all across the board. Deny Ignorance and all.

Who will go first?

Skeptic Overlord?

Here is a decent link for starters: www.iqtest.com...

NOTE; My Links have taken on a life of their own as far as composition order.
The Validity remains throughout however. Just click on them all. I promise.
Then we can talk about The Mensa Test if you like at that point.

Here is a link to that: www.funeducation.com...
This link includes a simple Bi-Polar Test as well,

I am sure that I will score highly in that category.

Here is another I.Q. Test Link : mensa-test.com... That appears to be somewhat less offensive/intrusive.

At any rate, I think ATS should have its own I.Q test Forum, available for free to ATS Members.

You could even add the members scores to their "Avatar Ratings" or whatever you call it.

With a "Show I.Q." option tab that would allow members to "Opt Out,"

If They Choose to do so. That would be Democratic and Classy as well.

So, can you beat my 160? Seasons Greetings to you all
Wildmanimal
edit on 20-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

edit on 20-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add Content/Intel Link

edit on 20-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Correction

edit on 20-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Content Note

You know none of your scores on those websites are legit, right? They purposely overshoot or undershoot your score by a margin of about 80 to tempt you into buying "detailed" results of your supposed genius or retardation.

A decent indication of your IQ would be the Mensa Workout, which is free to take but not an IQ test.

www.mensa.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy
Also, any online Mental Health Tests are uselsss too. Anyone can do these tests and come back with atleast 5 or more disorders from the DSM.

Most Psychiatrists would laugh at you if you went into their office and said i have so snd so because i did an online Mental Health Test.

I think you would be surprised. I can't say absolutely because I'm not a doctor and all tests are different, but the type of questions asked on online tests and the type of questions doctors/psychiatrists ask you to determine your mental health, they can be eerily close

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join