It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you should NOT consume bottled water

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If this has already been here. Im sorry I couldn't find it.

This video talks about how you as a consumer are being duped into paying for water.
Bottle water is made from tap water.

Here is the link to it :Story of bottled water

Bottled water is just tap water in a fancy plastic cover. The companies first foll you into believing that tap water is unhealthy and then sell the same water for a higher price.

So the next time your going out take water (tap) from your house. Do not buy it.

Be wise!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Here is a link to your video:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

Thank you!
My first time doing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
I personally called Poland Spring and asked them straight up about their water content, mostly the fluoride aspect. They told me it's all on their labels.... they have labels for "Fluoride added" and those for "Natural Spring Water" that contains no fluoride.

That's the best I could do for me and my fellow man. They do have Fluoride labels on their bottles, and unless someone can prove their non Fluoride labels DO contain Fluoride, I have to go by what I know straight from the source.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Evian water....anyone drink it? Spell it backward. The French are likely still laughing over that one. That's all I ever needed to know, personally.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Their marketing strategy is simple.

Create the problem and sell the solution.

First the convince people that tap water is impure and dirty. Then they present their products as the solution.
And of course the millions they spend on lobbying. They hire journalists and writers and get them to print articles telling why tap water is unfit for drinking.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Tap water = fluoride. Reverse osmosis tap water = dead water with no minerals. Spring water = awesome. Dasani, Aquafina = tap water

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Highbridge Spring Water...........I drink it....... it's not tap water. One of my daughters used to work there.

From their website : "The delicious refreshing taste of Highbridge Spring Water is achieved by a filtering process called Reverse Osmosis, which removes certain particles and leaves the water crisp, sodium free and ready to be enjoyed." I have toured their facilities. It's a great place to visit on a hot summer day. Their entire operations is underground.

The water flows into a cave, seeping through limestone deposits, where it's collected, filtered and bottled. This area has plenty of natural limestone springs. Makers Mark uses the natural spring waters on their distillery property for their delicious whisky.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have been on a fluoride in water research kick the last few days. One tidbit I found out...distilled water contains no fluoride, but it leaches important minerals out of your body, not safe to drink alot of it. Anyone else hear of this?

Luckily I live near Saratoga State Park which has free, take all you want spring water right from mother nature...guess it's time for a water run.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've known this for quite a while, but I liked the video. It's a nice, simplified explanation with pictures

As much as we all love to believe the government is out to get us, tap water has to meet a lot of regulations, which are extremely strict compared to those on bottled water. I guess if you want to trust the guy who makes billions of dollars selling you water in a bottle, go ahead. I'll stick with the free water.

Originally posted by kyred
Highbridge Spring Water...........I drink it....... it's not tap water. One of my daughters used to work there.

From their website : "The delicious refreshing taste of Highbridge Spring Water is achieved by a filtering process called Reverse Osmosis, which removes certain particles and leaves the water crisp, sodium free and ready to be enjoyed." I have toured their facilities. It's a great place to visit on a hot summer day. Their entire operations is underground.

The water flows into a cave, seeping through limestone deposits, where it's collected, filtered and bottled. This area has plenty of natural limestone springs. Makers Mark uses the natural spring waters on their distillery property for their delicious whisky.

Reverse osmosis removes all the minerals that you would get if you actually drank from that spring. Really it's just defeating the purpose of collecting the water that way.

I recommend going to a place that sells you real natural spring water if you can find one. If the water doesn't taste like rotten eggs or something else awful, it's probably just reverse osmosis junk. Despite the taste, the stuff's really healthy and its a pretty interesting stop when you're on vacation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

Ironically Enough I was drinking a bottle of High Bridge Spring Water while on a ferry ride passing under The High Bridge for which its named when I first read/discovered it was bottled in High Bridge, Kentucky...

And Yes... It is very delicious water!

My Wife HAS to have bottled water...

But I drink from a well here...

No filters, just strait from the ground and it is...

mmmmmmmmmmmm good!

edit on 12/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Evian water....anyone drink it? Spell it backward. The French are likely still laughing over that one. That's all I ever needed to know, personally.

The company that brought Evian water to market began as a small glassworks operation and grew to become the world's biggest maker of dairy products and bottled water, taking its name from the town the spring was situated in, Evian-les-Bains. So, while "evian" is certainly "naive" spelled backwards, the choice of appellation was not dictated by a desire to take a meanspirited swipe at foolheaded consumers.

source

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

that is true, however, if you consume a proper healthy diet, the minerals are replaced effectively so there is no problem.

most of us however do not consume a proper diet, therefore distilled water could be harmful.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

spoil sport

haha

I'm playing!

Nice Find!

edit on 12/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Distilled water is quite different from bottled water. Distilled water is pure water with no impurities ( and no minerals)
And yeah you are right. Consumption of distilled water drains out all minerals from your body through osmosis.
Bottled water is supposed to be water enriched *coughs* with minrals.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

You want to know how much Fluoride is in the bottled water as well as other things you eat and drink?

Just check out this link and scroll down to see the mega list.
www.nal.usda.gov...

Lots more info in this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Currently, I'm detoxing from Fluoride and feel great. The info on detoxing is also within the thread I linked to.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
so what DOESN'T have fluoride in it? i want to be completely free of fluoride. i'm sick of being a slave to it. i'm done being docile.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

Glad to hear it!

You can start by taking Magnesium/Calcium/Zinc/D3 combo tablets, Lecithin, and kelp. These will help your body detox as well as prevent Fluoride from staying in your system. I also recommend 5000iu of D3 per day. You will feel a lot better -- especially since we're in the colder months and many people aren't getting enough sunlight. Many people don't know that sunlight helps your body get rid of Fluoride. If you're not allergic to bee stings, bee pollen is an excellent supplement and considered to be a super food.

I hope this information is helpful to you. Be well & best wishes!

Edit to Add: Between the combo tabs and the extra D3, estimate that you're getting about 5000iu total daily. I didn't want to make it sound like you need 5000iu on top of the D3 in the combo tabs. That would be too much.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Thankfully, my water is bottled in Canada. Good ole' Save-A-Lot.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone....since reading some info on fluoride possibly causing fibromyalgia I am thinking about trying to detox....let you know how it goes.

top topics

join