It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glass and Ceramic - Hidden Secret to the Breath of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
The following is a quote from the Gospel of Philip. This quote bothered me after reading it because I could not quite figure it out. After spending a portion of the evening researching and pondering, I have found some amazing facts that are worth sharing.

“Glass and ceramic vessels are made with fire. If glass vessels break, they are redone, since they have been made through breath. But if ceramic vessels break, they are destroyed, since they have been made without breath.”

First, this is a symbolic representation of the heart of mankind. A hard heart cannot be remade. Why? When information is locked into a crystalline structure, it is extremely hard for fire to reprocess the material. Ceramics are not made with breath. In other words, ceramic is a crystalline solid characterized by a topological order of its atomic structure. It is rigid and unyielding to the breath of God (animation to change). The breath of God is what molds the clay and creates a new vessel. Glass, on the other hand, is an Amorphous solid characterized by a topological disorder of atomic structure. It is not locked and can be molded and remade. Not only this, it is pure and transparent. Unlike clay, it does not hide behind a facade or painted finish. It is exposed and purified.

We can look at this another way. Glass has viscosity that is able to flow. Although it is a solid, it can yield over time to movement or be refined Over and over again, it transitions in the fire to new works of purpose. Ceramic is rigid and has a viscosity that is resistant to flow. Much higher temperatures are needed to reach a melting point. Can we see the difference between heaven and hell with the atomic structure of a material? How much heat is needed to melt the heart and remake it in the fire?

Water can be in four states: Solid, liquid, vapor and plasma. At room temperature, water is a liquid and flows. To transition any form of matter, we change its state by adding or taking away energy. All matter is energy slowed down to gain mass. Add energy to water and get vapor. Take energy away and get a ice. Add extreme energy and get plasma. What have we just described? Partly, we have described what matter is. Matter is frozen energy. Depending on its atomic structure and state of symmetry, we can classify its hardness and ability to change states.

What determines the states of energy to mass and form?

There are five geometric shapes in nature that determine energy flow and and the ability of information to flow.

The Tetrahedron
The Cube
The Octahedron
The Polyhedron, and
The Dodecahedron

Crystals can only materialize into these five forms. The photorefractive effect in crystals can store and transmit information and energy. A rigid crystal is not animated. Can we draw a parallel from this with God's breath and the purpose of animating mater with life? I say consciousness is this very process. The miracle of life is that matter is formed into a vessel that can move, think, breathe, taste, hear, see and touch. Life is the miracle of matter and consciousness. At the essence of our being, we are consciousness energy in motion.

Now go back to the original quote. Remember that men are the clay and God is the potter.

Isaiah 64

8 Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
9 Do not be angry beyond measure, LORD;
do not remember our sins forever.
Oh, look on us, we pray,
for we are all your people.
10 Your sacred cities have become a wasteland;
even Zion is a wasteland, Jerusalem a desolation.
11 Our holy and glorious temple, where our ancestors praised you,
has been burned with fire,
and all that we treasured lies in ruins.
12 After all this, LORD, will you hold yourself back?
Will you keep silent and punish us beyond measure?

To answer this, we need only remind ourselves to soften our hearts and allow God to do His work. To remold us as glass, we must be willing to change our structure. A hard heart is set and will not change. God's consuming fire is what makes us pure.

“Glass and ceramic vessels are made with fire. If glass vessels break, they are redone, since they have been made through breath. But if ceramic vessels break, they are destroyed, since they have been made without breath.”

Listen to this Chapter of Job.

edit on 20-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

Great post!

thanks for posting this.

I don't quite get all the connections yet, but after reading again i'm sure i will.

The bible is one big analogy, spotted with real events. I praise your faith and willingness to go the extra step, decipher a verse, and make it so us who aren't religious can get a grasp for what was meant.

I'm don't side with any particular religion, i believe all paths to god that don't involve violence are the right path.

Not really sure where i'm going with this...just wanted to acknowledge to you that i read your thread and enjoyed it. Maybe you could elaborate a bit more on the technical side of it?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Well done.

This parallels a bit with...

17Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Would it be safe to say that no matter how hard the heart, eventually the fires of God will consume it regardless?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Would it be safe to say that no matter how hard the heart, eventually the fires of God will consume it regardless?

I have always thought this. God goes after the lost sheep over those in the flock. Jesus said, "You must be born again." For me, this is rebirth in the spirit, but also a literal rebirth in the water. Baptism in the water and spirit represent our birth and rebirth as indicated in John 3. I also get this from examples in Job. Baptism is the immersion into the water of reality.

Job 14:13

13 “If only you would hide me in the grave
and conceal me till your anger has passed!
If only you would set me a time
and then remember me!
14 If someone dies, will they live again?
All the days of my hard service
I will wait for my renewal to come.
15 You will call and I will answer you;
you will long for the creature your hands have made.
16 Surely then you will count my steps
but not keep track of my sin.
17 My offenses will be sealed up in a bag;
you will cover over my sin.

God is long-suffering with us.

Job 19

23 “Oh, that my words were recorded,
that they were written on a scroll,
24 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead,
or engraved in rock forever!
25 I know that my redeemer lives,
and that in the end he will stand on the earth.
26 And after my skin has been destroyed,
yet in my flesh I will see God;
27 I myself will see him
with my own eyes—I, and not another.
How my heart yearns within me!

Job 33

19 “Or someone may be chastened on a bed of pain
with constant distress in their bones,
20 so that their body finds food repulsive
and their soul loathes the choicest meal.
21 Their flesh wastes away to nothing,
and their bones, once hidden, now stick out.
22 They draw near to the pit,
and their life to the messengers of death.
23 Yet if there is an angel at their side,
a messenger, one out of a thousand,
sent to tell them how to be upright,
24 and he is gracious to that person and says to God,
‘Spare them from going down to the pit;
I have found a ransom for them—
25 let their flesh be renewed like a child’s;
let them be restored as in the days of their youth’—
26 then that person can pray to God and find favor with him,
they will see God’s face and shout for joy;
he will restore them to full well-being.
27 And they will go to others and say,
‘I have sinned, I have perverted what is right,
but I did not get what I deserved.
28 God has delivered me from going down to the pit,
and I shall live to enjoy the light of life.’
29 “God does all these things to a person—
twice, even three times—
30 to turn them back from the pit,
that the light of life may shine on them.
31 “Pay attention, Job, and listen to me;
be silent, and I will speak.
32 If you have anything to say, answer me;
speak up, for I want to vindicate you.
33 But if not, then listen to me;
be silent, and I will teach you wisdom.”

28 “If you say, ‘How we will hound him,
since the root of the trouble lies in him,[g]’
29 you should fear the sword yourselves;
for wrath will bring punishment by the sword,
and then you will know that there is judgment.[h]”

edit on 20-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I have been enjoying your threads.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Fascinating. That chapter and passage of Isaiah has an End Times conotation to it. Sounds like he is referring to Jerusalem after it was destroyed utterly by the Romans and Isaiah is lamenting as God has turned away from the jews during his process of taking for himself a people from amoung the gentiles after their rejection of Jesus.

As is their prayers fall on deaf ears as they plead with God to restore their temple and they are no closer now than they were when Israel was first re-established in 1948.
edit on 20-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Thanks so much for this friend as I find that this is encouraging as a struggling Christian who has backslided badly. I feel as if God has had to literally break me again to remake me the way he wants me to be. So this really speaks to me and gives me hope that God is still working on me. I just want to say God bless and thank you for this wonderful insight that I never knew.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
If it is glass, and breaks, then it means it will be made to glass again, which means it will break again. The ceramic is not "thrown away..." Everything is recycled, there are no voids. Data is always stored somewhere. The example you are giving is for the simple minded to appreciate.

If you are "reborn," then that means you can die again.

Yin and Yang. Polar opposites.

Just means it is a viscous cycle that never ends. In other words, you can call it hell or you can call it heaven. There is no escape from it.

What a curse and a blessing to have faith, so you eventually realize this truth, just to start all over again.

I think it is a shame when we keep showing them only one side of the loop (golden ratio) for whatever agenda fits the moment, and not the big picture. It never ends...

Tree of Knowledge = the ability to see good and evil. Knowledge breaks you away from that innocence, ignorance, whatever word you want to use here today.

Not only do I wish that I never took the red pill, but I wish I never took a bite of the apple either

Careful Ed, I am catching up to quickly now.
edit on 24-12-2011 by Awoken4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Beautiful. Sorry to bump but you have some amazing insight.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Personally I believe that in this state the flesh that we are clay being molded upon the potters wheel. The day that we pass through the refiners fire is when we become solidified into what God has made us.

top topics

join