It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Names and meanings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have just watched the funeral of Carmen- the best drag queen in NZ and in Sydney.

I met Carmen a long time ago - looking amazing and over the top as always - and I thought, then, what a nice person. She was very kind to a member of my family who was suffering.

Carmen believed in Jesus and was always kind to everyone.

Then I reflected on my life - because I also respected Carlotta, a famous drag queen in Kings Cross, Sydney, Australia (where Carmen also worked) and Carlos, a fabulous guy who was a great friend of mine on the island of Mykonos, Greece.

And I thought - why are they always called Car something?

I have found that gay men are my best friends.

I am a female and I am not gay - that is just the way it has turned out - and I feel honoured that these people count me as a friend.

And could anyone enlighten me on that Car thing?

But I can tell you this - Carmen was always over the top in life and she was always loving and forgiving.

Carlos was a talented person whom I loved - and he was flattered when I called him Carlotta because I mired Carlotta so much.

Anyway, if you have bothered to read this far.

When we had a news item saying the Christchurch earthquake recovery was so slow, the reporter's name was Speedy.

Also, there was another news item last night about students having difficulties, reported by someone called Smart.

Obama is nearly Osama.

Satan is almost Santa (as someone has pointed out).

Are we all just somebody's sick joke?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Well, society is taught to fear anything that does not conform with the norm. Sad, but true. Given that, most gays, transsexuals and other groupings tend to have more kahunas than most "men" due to societal aversions. Respect, embrace and cherish difference. My 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

It's up to you who you chose for friends in life. I have no idea what the car-men thing means.
Perhaps you are reading too much into it, or should ask your dear freinds why.

I dunno, it just sounds sort of exotic to me if a gay guy goes by Carmen something.......

Who knows unless you ask.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Thanks, Light,

Because the kindness of some of these people, who are ostracised and judged, is beyond belief.

The point is do not judge others, lest ye be judged yourselves.

And please stop these so-called religious wars.

They are not religious.

They are about greed, which is what drives the rulers of this planet - time to say stop.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Indeed. I could point you at a person called Christopher Hitchens who spent his life cerebrally opposing the religious figures. In one of his his more acidic rants he called Mother Theresa "a lying, thieving Albanian dwarf" and he meant every word. He died recently, an atheist to the bone.

If you have some minutes to spare, feast your eyes and ears on this compilation

He had a gay friend (Lord Melchett in the British TV series Blackadder) whom he defended with scorn, ridicule and reason against the teachings of the church. He also blew the church out of the water. He Hitchslapped them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Thank you, light, for supporting me.

To have someone call Mother Theresa, a person who succoured the poor, that is evil.

Lord knows I am trying - I am into Jesus but life is so hard.

But at least I am spreading the light.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Oops! I am sorry, I am an "unbeliever", Please disregard my previous comments or at least see them in the spirit they were meant in. I thought I was talking to a er...like-minded and opinionated person with regard to religion.
*inserts second foot in mouth while tip-toeing out the door...*

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I have no problems with your views, unless they are into the darkness.

I am into the light.

And your name says light.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Clarification: I support gays, lesbians and straights. I got the wires a little jeebed out on the Jesus stuff but please hear me out. I am not against the teachings of any holy personage, some attract me more than others I will admit but this being a conspiracy site I can see through the fabrications. Not quite the man behind the green curtain but...almost. And in a way that is what hurts the most. Obfuscation. A fancy word for dis-info. God would be plain and direct. Surely?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

No, God would not be plain and direct.

If so we would all die of boredom.

We have to sort out the puzzle - it is a logic problem. Have you ever tried them?

They are very challenging. (only the advanced ones).

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm not good at logic or puzzles.
Or anything else for that matter...

new topics

top topics

join