It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 01: Ron Paul Kim Jung il Pepsi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Not to bad for the first run at it.
A little tweeking is all it needs.

As far as those complaining about it being to much MTV'ish,well,MTV has been around a long time now,gosh,I was a mere 17 years old,I think when MTV aired and now I'm 47.

Over all,I liked it,but maybe dig a little deeper for more content.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I watched again.....and decided to do a critical analysis:

From a 4:49 video, here's the breakdown.

13 seconds for the ATS logo.
18 seconds for Brian's Introduction monologue.

22 seconds for the Kimmie video.
32 seconds for the Fun Facts monologue.
Total time spent on Kimmie......54 seconds. (Breaking Alternative News Forum.)

14 seconds for Brian's lead to the RP/MB debate.
57 seconds for the Steam Roll video. (2012 US Elections Forum.)
52 seconds for Brian's monologue about the candidates. (2012 US Elections Forum.)
Total time spent on Politics......2:05 seconds.

50 seconds for the monologue on the Dubai can. (911 Conspiracies.)
24 seconds for the Seoul twin towers. (Other Current Events Forum, and General Conspiracies Forum.)
Total time spent on 9/11......1:14 seconds.

9 seconds to sign off.

(Warning, numbers are approximate. Do your own analysis, then correct, if necessary.)

Synopsis:
The first episode discussed three topics, and contained a current event flavored with humor, heavy political slanting, while also addressing an excursion into pareidolia.

Opinion:
Not bad for a first try. Let's see what tomorrow's episode has in store. Personally, I'd like to see a bit more diversity, covering a wider range of threads, but in doing so, I realize it takes more production time, and to produce an episode 3 times a week is quite strenuous. If the current format is kept, that's nine topics a week.

Honestly, Brian has a lot of charisma, and is a good choice to appeal to the younger generation. The program is upbeat, and I like what I see so far.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Synopsis:
The first episode discussed three topics, and contained a current event flavored with humor, heavy political slanting, while also addressing an excursion into pareidolia.

I think that sums it up and shows a pretty timely and pertinent lineup!

Electioneering is in full swing, so that makes perfect sense to cover heavily for the next 12 months or so. Those "3 topics" actually covered several very popular threads, and about a dozen off-shoots, so that really encompassed the activity of the week leading up to it.

It sounds like they did a pretty good job of capturing the ATS pulse in their first attempt, and it will only get better from here on out!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed!

BTW, I can't stand MB.
She's worse than SP. ARGH!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I like the host. It's the first episode, it will perfect as time goes on. Especially with ATS critics to provide feedback. hah I wonder what determines which topics are important or relevant enough to include in these recaps though.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed!

BTW, I can't stand MB.
She's worse than SP. ARGH!

I couldn't stand SP, and I wouldn't want MB as a President, but I have to admit she is very personable and likeable in person. She introduced herself to me at the Florida Straw Poll, and she was lovely, professional, and sweet.

Still wouldn't want her as President though. **shivers**

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Just bring back Johnny Anonymous

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Pepsi being in Dubai really struck a cord, it is my opinion that instead of one person or one small group or people running some of the largest corporations in the world it should be the right of the people in general. Same goes for government. Hence the constitution. That is all.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

The MTV statement and demographic statement echo my initial comments when it was announced that these recaps were coming. I dislike the appeal of the presenter and it does not represent what I know personally to be ATS. I still find this appalling and I have no desire to insult the presenter in the video at all but I find this as a failure. I hope it gets better but I just don't see it. I have given it a chance and even had two posts censored by SkepticOverlord initially because my sentiments were considered against the rules. I still decent from it all together.

That does not invalidate the efforts made though. I want to make that clear. I do appreciate the time and work put into these things for all of us. I just cannot be on board with this direction.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I gotta say Im disgusted with the defense of Iran on this. I just love how all the Iranian backed IED's were left off the "defence of Iran" list that was given...

source one

Electronic parts made in Minnesota were smuggled through Singapore to Iran, and some of them ended up in the remote controls of makeshift bombs seized by American forces in Iraq, the Justice Department said on Tuesday.

source two

"The signature is the same because they are exactly the same in production," says explosives expert Kevin Barry. "So it's the same make and model."

But yet Iran has never done anything wrong in the world we live in. Talk about spin...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Yeah, I found that portion a bit absurd and misinformed. More opinionated rather than based on fact. I didn't comment on that though because I fail to see what the true intentions of these RECAPS are.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

Thanks for bringing this up and adding the relevant sources to the post....However, in the recap video it was mentioned that we were quoting the response of "detachedindividual" which was from the original thread..

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by PURIFIER
Has anybody noticed that Bachmann's FIRST concern was "destroy our ally Israel", America came second. For me this only phrase says it all.

Precisely.

What a lot of these people are failing completely to fathom is that if Iran fired anything at any nation, they would be pounded into oblivion with an hour. They might be a little irrational, but they are not suicidal.

The idea that any nation would fire a Nuke at another nation simply because they don't like them is simply insane, just as this Bachmann woman is.

I love how these lunatics preach about Iran being so violent, and yet they neglect to recognize that Iran has not invaded other countries, has not imprisoned a whole nation, doesn't steal land from their neighbors, has not refused to acknowledge their own Nuclear capabilities, does not openly spy and infiltrate other nations, hasn't committed countless murders abroad and used illegal practices.

I'm not for one moment suggesting that Iran is a nice regime, far from it. But it's insanely disgusting for Bachmann to be talking like this while ignoring the actions of her own nation, and Israel, and most of Europe all around the world.

Actions speak louder than words, and the USA, Israel and UK have acted to attack several nations while Iran has simply sat there seething with rage.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Perhaps a little more research would be of help instead of assuming the offending can design was indeed one of the Dubai commemorative cans.

The can reported originally by troops in Iraq WAS NOT one of the commemorative Dubai cans.
See here: www.pepsidrc.com...

So the question remains unanswered as to WHO and WHY this particular can was made.

Pepsi has pulled the can from production according to this story:

www.jpost.com...

signature:
The optimist says, “The glass of water is half full." The pessimist says, “It’s half empty."
The Cynic says, “The glass is all shattered to hell and the water evaporated two weeks ago!”

edit on 21-12-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by romanmel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I agree with other members that the content should be more carefully chosen, and the presentation could be smoother.
I DID notice the swearing, and it irritated me not only because we should be following our own rules of decency, but it is simply unprofessional, i don't care if it's hip or not, i simply want to hear and see the story in short digestible bits. I will do the swearing myself when i see it

And although i like Techno, i think something more dramatic would suit the theme tune, like Holst or Bach, or Peer Gynt or Grieg.
Let's see if we can't just make it more smooth & polished to set the tone for newcomers, and inspire them to think & write their own opinions..
That's what the original ATS News video's did for me.
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by codegreenspace

I must have missed that small bit of info. To be honest, the presentation gave the impression that this was more of an op ed piece instead of a thread recap. At least that is how it seemed to me. I stopped watching halfway through the Iran defence diatribe. I just couldn't believe my ears. It seemed a total embrace of ignorance and total dismissal of the facts.

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
WOW! SUPERB 1ST VIDEO! YOU GUYS NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE! THANK YOU!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Where did they find this "KID?" While the information in the thread/video is relevant and highly entertaining, the Narrator is B O R I N G and child like. I have to concur with the other ATS people that have posted that this looks like a really bad MTV video announcer reading from cue cards... REALLY ATS??

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
OK, I've finally got a chance to watch a couple of these.

It's pretty clear you're targeting the young crowd directly and primarily. Zero substance to even compel me to click on the included links.

Don't know what else to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join