It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 01: Ron Paul Kim Jung il Pepsi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
I dont think it should be "celebrated" when a man dies. Your little video montage was disgraceful IMO. Didnt watch the rest of the video.
Ohh shut up... he wasnt celebrating he was showing viral video content that was made because of what happened.

Good video i will watch everyweek thanks!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have no history in film or video making. But I do appreciate independent work, and I can see that:

For one, there is soul in this new video series, and I look forward to seeing the next upload.

Though I agree on some of Gimme's points, I am also just glad that ATS is continuing to do this in the first place - rather than not at all.

I was hoping for more The Truth is Viral-esque, but of course this shouldn't be compared to any other ATS sponsored video though.

This is definitely not one of ATS's more serious series, but it has potential.

A recap video can be many things - this style simply has a more light-hearted and trend-based approach.

Thanks again guys.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Overall I like the idea and the production is great. I did notice a chunk of whitespace below the video, I guess the frame around the video is sized differently than the aspect ration of the video. Not sure if it affects other browsers, I am using Chrome.

BTW, I don't think ATS should stop the 'Truth is Viral' series because it appeals to a great deal of members here.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

"The Truth Is Viral" is not going anywhere, and the next episode is in production -- at least as far as I know.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

When can we expect enough shows and content to fill a whole broadcast day?

Maybe someday, a cable channel that could rival the History Channel, and others?

Coming soon to cable providers everywhere....

The ATS Channel

Nothing wrong with dreaming big is there?

edit on 20-12-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I like it.
I'm a grumpy person these days so for me to give it a
is pretty big.

:
edit on 12/20/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed smilie

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Good to hear!

I am glad the site owners have their fingers on the pulse of the community.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

When can we expect enough shows and content to fill a whole broadcast day?

Maybe someday, a cable channel that could rival the History Channel, and others?

Coming soon to cable providers everywhere....

The ATS Channel

Nothing wrong with dreaming big is there?

edit on 20-12-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

I'm all for this!

A real "news" channel!! With some real journalism mixed in with some entertaining shows. I'm always disappointed in the Jesse Ventura show, or the Ancient Aliens shows or any of the others. They typically lack the great research that ATS threads have.

Can we get an ATS Channel? At least a Cable show?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I liked it !

The "Dearest Leader" dance and music made me smile...some didn't like it...so what? You would have had a clip showing these korean citizens crying their eyes out like the MSM was showing and some wouldn't have liked that either...so...damned if you do...damned if you don't... one thing I would bet is that Kim Jung Un isn't about to show this video on korean tv...

American politics...made me smile. Being Canadian, I will leave this part for our American friends to discuss...

The Pepsi can. We see what we want to see. Again...you can't win. Coke had a nice one with polar bears and people screamed so...

I find that ATS Recap is entertaining. This is a first episode and even though there are flaws - some were mentioned and I don't need to say them over again - I look forward to the next ones.

Good job Brian, SO and everyone else involved !!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Can we get an ATS Channel? At least a Cable show?

There are always many things cooking in the "back office," and something like that has been stirring in the pots for years.
Whenever myself and Springer are in scarce supply on ATS, you can assume the back office kitchen is very busy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaxar

No thank you I will NOT shut up. Surely a violation of T&C IMHO? ON TOPIC: It was a disgraceful way to portray the death of a human being. Im not the most sensitive guy myself, but if I may quote the elephant man " I AM NOT AN ANIMAL!!!" Also in the future please refrain from being rude mmkay

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

YES!!! Thank you for keeping "viral" around, (hurry up bob we are awaiting kidding happy holidays) And I would LOVE an ATS channel!!!! As addictive as this site is, it would be a hit for sure and probably a way better way of reaching out to more members perhaps? Thank you sceptic for this GREAT news

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

YES PLEASE!!!

I make 'Vicki' read threads to me sometimes lol
(Vicki= my MACspeech 'voice'....basically, female Stephen Hawking)
She sucks.

LESS VICKI,
MORE ATS!

edit on 20-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
There are always many things cooking in the "back office,"

I hope you guys are working on a real disclosure project. It would generate buzz and would be a good additive to these other video projects.

*crosses fingers*

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
hmm seems theres a lot of different opinons. i for one am leaning towards not liking it. just seems to be like a typical youtube video in style and i dont think it fits with the theme of ATS. looks like its poking fun more then anything serious.

i'm happy to stick to my dose of truth is viral, love you bob

edit on 20-12-2011 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I don’t like this, this is not what ATS should be about. Let me explain.

First problem I have is right at the start, I don’t like the overall presentation its jumpy and not very attractive.

The segment at the start around the death of Kin-gong-ill I found particularly distasteful, death should never be celebrated or made light of especially on a site like ATS that attempts to promote an ethos of professionalism and decorum. Making jokes of it, really unfunny jokes, is just not right, it does not fit in with ATS, much like the presenter who comes across like he is presenting a MTV top 50 pop tunes of the 80’s show. I was also very disappointed that the show replaced any informative analysis of his death with those god awful and offensive jokes.

The biggest problem I have with this video is the use of cursing, what is it one rule for the owners and another for the rest of us. This is not right, it should never have been allowed and I am incredibly disappointed in whoever authorised it (assuming it was authorised). If I was to use cursing like that I would have at the very least had my post removed the first time I used it and the second time would probably find myself post banned. According to the T&C’s that we members have to follow when writing our threads and posts this video should have to be removed by the moderators for this reason. It sends the message that there is one rule for “them” and another for “us”.

Then there is the choice in threads, really this is the best of ATS in a week, a Ron Paul thread, a Pepsi can and a building design that looks similar to 9/11. Surly this is a truly a sign that we on ATS need to pull up our socks and get back to talking about the stuff that matters. Where are the conspiracies, the big stories that matter, the mention of the threads whose authors have really worked hard to produce a quality and informative thread? If that is all ATS can come up with to recap over this past week why not go and look at past threads that have been forgotten about or didn’t generate the response they may have deserved.

Sorry to be so negative, I can tell allot of work was put into producing this video its just a shame that I was not executed with the same stared other ATS videos are. I hope these problems are resolved in the next video because this “Recap” idea is a good one. IT should focus on the threads that don’t get as much attention as they should or the ones that have been really important. Not about a new Pepsi can in Dubai.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I read only 2 of the previous comments but would like to say this. It's the guy's first video and I am sure he is just a little nervous. I like the style and delivery and look forward to the next one but hope that OldCorp will keep making his ones too. The more the merrier. Thank you ATS!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I didn't like it.
Maybe I'm too old (37). From what I've seen so far, Johnny Anonymous' News and "The truth is viral" were the best productions. This presentation is something that should last 2 minutes at the most and to put on the end of the both I mentioned above. I would also like to see the speculative threads/alternative topics getting more attention.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is the first time I have watched a ATS video and I liked it. I didn't notice any offensive words and the way the presenter spoke was friendly and I liked it. I liked the fact it was not all too grim presentation it would've been a put off. The bit with Kim could have been avoided. Definitely looking forward for new videos. Keep up the great work!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

Humour can be a tool too. Just google George Carlin. Not that the video was like that but comedians can force you to think too.
So bad it hurts in fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join