It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul calls out uncomfortable truth in GOP politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The Rachel Maddow show that aired tonight had a little piece on Ron Paul,she discussed his present rising poll numbers in Iowa,here is an excerpt form the article -

“What is most interesting about Ron Paul is the extent to which his domestic stuff, his social-issue libertarianism, his position on things not just like the war in Iraq but the war on drugs, calls out a really uncomfortable truth in Republican politics,” she explained.

“Which is that Republicans want their brand to be small, hands off government, but the policies they support are more like big intrusive government. Things like forced, mandatory drug testing by the government and federal regulation of every marriage in the country.”

Source

***make sure to check out the video at the bottom of the page***

Yeah,he is proving a lot of people wrong and I personally hope this present publicity continues so that the American people can get better balanced and fair coverage on the only candidate that truly has a chance to stimulate change is this dying country.

I really hope Paul wins,I truly believe he means well,I cannot help but admire his courage and consistency in telling the truth and sticking to his guns.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

This is no surprise-
it's the foundation of libertarianism* (FTW!!!
...btw, I'm a libertarian, if you couldn't tell
)

*In it's most classic sense- it's now branched off into dozens of subcategories, some of which, IMO, have NO business affiliating themselves with libertarianism)

Simply speaking-
Libertarian=
Left-leaning on social issues but fiscal conservative.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

I wish we could take the word liberal back, right now its a dirty word

Although that seems like a laymen definition, Its fairly accurate.

Also, the more I hear about this Ron Paul guy, the more I like him.
edit on 20-12-2011 by calnorak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

One of the only news talk shows I actually watch a bit of every now and then is Rachel Maddow. I had it on earlier and saw that segment.....I think shes voting for Paul.

But it really does call out something in the GOP. Smaller government they say....but when it comes to your personal life, they are all over it.
edit on 20-12-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I really do like him the more I'm exposed to the way he thinks. Great man for the job and the only potential candidate I've ever been excited about.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I really do like him the more I'm exposed to the way he thinks. Great man for the job and the only potential candidate I've ever been excited about.

Agree with you there.

The more I am exposed to his ideals and see his consistency throughout the debates/interviews and his history in congress,I mean,one thing no one can argue is Ron Paul's consistency, if they have followed or watched enough of the older videos of Paul you would have to admit his resolve & integrity is rock solid.

I am cheering him on and hoping for the best & biggest upset in his favor imaginable

I urge anyone who has not seen or had the time to watch the video down at the bottom of the article I provided in the op link I highly recommend giving it a spin,well worth it imo.

eta:I would of embedded it if it were on YT at the time of my posting

edit on 20-12-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2011 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Same here. I have never felt this way about a candidate. I've only been around since the 80's, but I imagine it's a similar fervor than that of JFK. Then again, it's may be even more since we know how important this election is.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Dr Paul is the only one in this race that stands out above the crowd. I really cannot see how any other candidate would be anything other than a figurehead for the PTB. I have my doubts about how effective Paul would be in office, or how effective he would be allowed to be, but I expect he would limit and/or disclose the odious number of shenanigans happening behind the scenes.

Surely the media, owned and controlled by the hidden powers of world shakers, will do everything to marginalize his candidacy, as can already be seen happening, but his grassroots support could keep him out front and in the eyes of the voters. If he does manage to get the nomination I expect the dirty-deeds team would pull-off a slim Obama win regardless of the actual vote.

Though I don't agree with his abortion stand, the only thing non-libertarian about his stance but perhaps understandable given his OB/Gyn background, he's the only candidate in a long time I've had a good enough feeling about to not want to write-in Cthulhu reasoning, why settle for the lesser evil?

top topics

join