It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas every one.'SATAN CLAUSE'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Santa is real. I caught the fat slob boning my Wife 15 years ago. Now I have a fat teenage son who like red. I guess when He came down the chimney years ago saying ho ho ho. My Wife said what, what, What

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

Dear LogiosHermes27,

WoW...are you serious?,they never understood that the gifts came from you?

Yes, they eventually knew. I was saying that I would have explained the tradition rather than let them believe in Santa Clause in the first place. We always told them that there was no tooth fairy or Easter bunny; but, we let them believe in Santa Clause. It seemed harmless and traditional; but, now I question if we were right to do so. I have come to believe that it takes away from the real message.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Even if it has a double meaning I think people do it for the right reasons.
People give presents to represent the gift from God the Son to mankind and the three wise men's presents to baby Jesus.
Then we have the Star that represents the sign of his birth, some use a Angel on top of a tree.

I understand what people mean, maybe athiests who don't believe either way should stick to Santa while Christians stick to to the three wise men.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear LogiosHermes27,

WoW...are you serious?,they never understood that the gifts came from you?

Yes, they eventually knew. I was saying that I would have explained the tradition rather than let them believe in Santa Clause in the first place. We always told them that there was no tooth fairy or Easter bunny; but, we let them believe in Santa Clause. It seemed harmless and traditional; but, now I question if we were right to do so. I have come to believe that it takes away from the real message.

Before and after I came to America, I never celebrated Christmas, so I really never cared for it, nor did I do research on it, but for my kids I celebrate Christmas because there mother celebrates it.

Doing research with my team, we discovered that humans can conjure spirits into this realm through pictures and statues, for its easy for a spirit to roam the land, but to give it a body or face is why it is so many unwanted spirits in your realm of life.

I never suspected Santa was one of the many false spirits that humans had conjured in the mist of life into this realm.

The illuminate hands are all over this Santa thing… for they have been trying to find away to bring there god to this realm by any means necessary.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
kids learn who santa clause and the easter bunny are usually before they learn about jesus. On some level I think its wrong to replace celebrating jesus with some fake characters, Sounds like something the devil would come up with his military generals or something; and making it turn the gears of economy no less.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
kids learn who santa clause and the easter bunny are usually before they learn about jesus. On some level I think its wrong to replace celebrating jesus with some fake characters, Sounds like something the devil would come up with his military generals or something; and making it turn the gears of economy no less.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why are posts like this not taken down , MODS make whole posts about how Topics on here need to be more carefully prepared and thought out and we have to see garbage like this .....DEAR MODS if you are gonna not touch this please dont every take a crazzy ufo POst down ever again THANKS !!!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

What you fail to realize is that the idea of Christ himself is pagan, including his teachings. "Love thy neighbor" isn't Christian it's older. Every aspect of Christ is taken from pagan oral traditions. Including his appearance.
There was a thread on ATS not to long ago themed on whether or not Christianity was based on Paganism. For the sake of time, I'll quote my first response on that thread in which I answered the question of Christianity vs Mithraism:

Was Mithra born of a rock or born of a “Virgin” Birth?
 That seems to be the question holding up most Christians on this site.
As concerns the debate regarding the Perso-Roman god Mithra’s “virgin birth,” not a few scholars and writers of Persian/Iranian extract have discussed the Persian goddess of love Anahita as Mithra’s virgin mother. Presumably, these individuals know more about their ancient traditions than do modern Christian apologists, who emphasize Mithra’s “rock birth”, which was a metaphoric description, and deny the virgin-mother motif.
For example, Dr. Badi Badiozamani says that a “person” named “Mehr” or Mithra was “born of a virgin named Nahid Anahita (“immaculate”) and that “the worship of Mithra and Anahita, the virgin mother of Mithra, was well-known in the Achaemenian period [558-330 BCE]
Mithra and the Twelve —“In Mithraism, as in popular Mazdaism, Anahid, the mother of Mithra, is a virgin.”
Mithra surrounded by the 12 “companions” is a motif found on many Mithraic remains and representing the 12 signs of the zodiac, which are sometimes depicted as humans. The comparison of this common motif with Jesus and the 12 has been made on many occasions, including in an extensive study entitled, “Mithras and Christ: some iconographical similarities,” by Professor A. Deman in Mithraic Studies. Many of these Mithraic parallels were remarked upon by the Church fathers, who were flummoxed by them and who blamed them on the prescient devil.

But that’s not all Christianity has in common with Mithra. Let’s make a list:

-Mithra is the beginning of Sunday (Sun-day) worship.
-Mithra is the reason for the Solstice Dec. 25th celebration.
-Three “wise men” were present at his birth, bearing gifts.
-Mithra was often depicted carrying a lamb on his shoulders.
-Mithra had an entourage of “twelve companions”, and
they shared a last meal together.
-Mithra was considered the “savior of man”.
-Mithra died via crucifixion, and was laid to rest in a stone tomb.
-Mithra was resurrected after 3 days, during the spring equinox.
-Mithra-Vohu Mana-Rashnu (aka: the trinity)

All of these are rather interesting comparisons. Amazing actually…. Until you consider the source.

Paul was supposedly born and raised in the city of Tarsus, a region in SE Asia-Minor (now called Turkey) where Mithras was well known. Biblical scholars are now saying that Paul, the alleged author of 13 out of the 27 (maybe more) books of the New Testament, may have been influenced in his writings by this strong religion of Mithraism. We can see a profound kinship between Mithraism and Christianity.

What else did Christianity borrow?
-The Cross (almost every pre-Christian religion)
-Communion (pre-Christian Roman/Greeks)
-Christmas traditions (Siberian Shamans)
-Easter (Ēostre or Ôstarâ, which explains dyed eggs and bunnies
something Christians haven't been able to do)

I'm sure many more things can be attributed to this list by other theologians here on ATS, but in the end it doesn't matter. If you believe in Christianity, if it fills some hole you have in your life, if it's the reason you were able to become sober, or it's become the promise that there is something more once the life has left your body, then by all means do what you will. I don't know any non-Christians that will hate you for finding solace in your religion. We only ask that you not try to demonize those who know the history of religions, and wish that you accept and respect that a world existed before the 4th BC (+/-), and that the previous world's history may have had something to contribute to your own faith.

"Why can't Santa come in July? Why can't the Yule log be burned in November?" These questions alone mean you don't understand the history and evolution of religion, the robbery of faith for the sake of money, for power, to enslave men to the ideals of others under penalty of disgrace and even death.
Christianity may have began with Jewish traditions, but quickly found fame in numbers by "borrowing" from paganism, which ruled the rest of the free world.
Even if Christianity were 100% real, it still wouldn't mean what people think it means as a religion, because people don't even understand the etymology of the words being used in the bible, nor do they realize how much the bible has been changed over the centuries in order to suit the needs of men.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1

You do know the origins of Easter or Ēostre have their roots planted firmly centuries before Christianity, including sacred rabbits and died eggs, right? "Christmas" traditions predate Christianity as well. For a pagan or scholar of history, the idea of Christ being the original, or even the sole reason for either of these "holidays" is laughable, if not insulting.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Saint Nicholas doesn't know any of that, and he never did. He's just a christian guy that's been dead for centuries.

All that stuff is made up stories and if you believe any of that nonsense i would question your sanity. He did pass out gifts to people long ago, but he didn't dress up in red suit, he didn't have flying reindeer and didn't have magical pagan elves working for him.

Sure you could light a fire in your chimney and wait to burn him, but youre going to be waiting a loooong time, and he probably wouldn't care, dead people usually don't care what you do to them plus he was christian and our bodies return to the dust, there isnt going to be any zombie apocalypse with corpses bursting out of the ground like wack-a-mole because the body Christ's believers get resurrected into will be a totally new and immortal body.
edit on 20-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Congrats, you cracked the code.

Enjoy your coal this year.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This video looks like witness propoganda to me. You start cherry picking phrases from the bible you can get any message you want highlighted. I think that's what they have done here, i figure if it isn't hurting anybody then it's not a problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Wow you really need some professional help.....

And some simple grammar lessons!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Christmas can be the Day i want it to be.

It could be bow down to satan 101 day all hail hitler day. If i choose to Worship my God and Give Gifts on this day i can. I can make any day the day i so desire , or turn any holiday into a meaningful day if i so wish.

Let December 24th be any evil day in the world ... i can make that day any day i wish to make it. Christians celebrate Jesus's Birth on the 24th ... then it is Jesus's Birth on the 24th.

So .. Satan is worshiped on December 24th? Ok cool. Jesus is Worshiped and presents are given on the 24th as well. It doesnt matter who's day you think it is.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Santa is a 20th century fairy tale. It's quite irrelevant to anything before the mid 1800s.

Before that, St Nicholas was simply someone remembered for being a good saint.

It's really nothing more to it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
@ Op,

Your title is offensive

we are watching......

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Off topic, I know, but your avatar is awesome. I could watch it for hours.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
He even gives you coal straight from hell lol..

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Yep it is all about fairy-tales and bull# isn't it?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wulff

I was going to say that exact thing. It's know not "no" and their children not "there children". Reminds me of Young Frankenstein, "Werewolf?" "There wolf, there castle."

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join