It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Merry Christmas every one.'SATAN CLAUSE'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by LogiosHermes27

The problem in our society is that if someone in a position of power and influence has an apple and calls it a banana, the majority will call it a banana even tho it’s clearly a granny smith.
The same goes for Christmas. You can call it a happy and positive tradition all you want but all it is doing is enforcing materialism, false hope and blind faith in fairy tales and the idea that peoples behaviour patterns should only be nice when others are or in a bigger sense, when you are told too.
People will constantly tell you about the wonders of christmas, but with the way our society is going can you really take the majorities view as trustworthy anymore?
Religion has been used since its conception to gain power whether it be mental of physical, particularly in the form of money; why would this honestly be any different? It only takes a few small steps back to see the big picture and the fact is there is no positive aspects to christmas; what good is it if people only agree to be nice once a year, what does it say if it takes the fear of an all seeing being to make us treat each other like humans?
Money has shown time and time again to control everything, blind faith has shown time and time again to be used for corruption of the mind.
Lying to your children and making them believe in fairy tales at such a young age is only making them more susceptible to believing in nonsensical ideas like religion. "Start em’ young".... As the saying goes.
I have always seen christmas as a slave driving technique. Work all year and have one day of happiness before you do it all again, and please dont hesitate to indebt yourself while you’re at it.

Econ.

edit on 20-12-2011 by eCONomy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eCONomy

I agree to an extent, but the true Yuletide festival has been hijacked, corporatised and made materialistic and shallow. It's nothing about giving presents, being good once a year, spending money, etc. This is a new capitalist concept.

It's a feast and celebration of the end of the darkest days of winter and the rebirth of the sun. It's for drinking, eating and being peaceful. This is the tue spirit of the festival.

Lets celebrate it how it is supposed to be!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Or, if you DO like Christmas, which you obviously do, then you should keep you positivity to yourself and positive threads, and stay away from the negative ones. Everybody has the right to say what they want, whether it be negative or positive.

I hate Christmas, but it is a very special time of year for me, because I know that I don't use it as a means of greed and gluttony, as opposed to the majority of other people. It's also special to me knowing that other people are aware of the total con that Christmas is. A pregnant woman giving birth in December in the Middle East in the middle of a stable, again, in DECEMBER? Pffft

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Different post, and one which we should address.

The history of Santa Claus comes from both mythology and actual historical evidence from what all can be found.
Santa Claus is also known as Saint Nicholas, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, just to name a few names.
Santa started out as Odin, a Norse god. According to the belief, Odin on the winter solstice, would come down to earth, and walk all bound up and then give people, who were determined to need such, assistance to get through the rest of winter, often ignoring those who did not measure up to standards. That later on, around the 1840’s, in most of the Nordic countries, slowly was turned to an elf called Tomte, and was said to deliver, presents for Christmas, often said to be a short man bearded man, dressed in grey clothing and a red hat.

But the more important lore comes from Eastern Europe, and is Saint Nicholas. Saint Nicholas, was a real live person, known as Saint Nicholas of Myra. He lived as the Bishop of Myra, in Lycia, a province of Turkey. He was stated to give 3 daughters of a poor person a dowry so they could be married, and not turn to a life of prostitution, this happening in the middle of the night when they were asleep. He was later known to give gifts to the poor, by tossing small sacks of money through the windows during the middle of the night, while they slept.

He was portrayed in a Christmas Carol, as the ghost of Christmas present and in the story/poem, “The night before Christmas.” That gave us the more modern view of who and what Santa Claus looked like, and then the famous reply, “Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus.”

The real shame of the entire season, is as so many have pointed out, it is too comercial, too many want the high end electronics, where at one time, it represented more, that of good will and cheer. There are tales of where wars halted in honor of the season, where opposing soldiers on both sides of the fight, stopped and gave the other side things that they did not have, just for even a day.

While it may not seem significant, or even some would demonize the legend, and that too is a shame, they miss the entire point of the season, where it is a time of the year, one time, in a weary world, where we can give each other some hope, and perhaps, follow through on the belief, peace on earth and good will towards all.

For myself, I believe that Santa is a spirit, and one who inspires, even for a short time, the best in all mankind, where for just once, while children are focused on the gifts, the adults, the people who continue to shape the world, will take that spirit into themselves and try to do something good for their fellow man, rather than be selfish. It would be a shame if this was suddenly destroyed, or removed from the world, as so much has been already removed or destroyed.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

LogiosHermes27, Yes there may be some hidden influences related to this holiday and others but where the holidays work out for the better overall no matter the reason is the holidays allow families to gather and interact thru their busy work years. this allwos for families to strenthen and show LOVE. I came to this conclusion when analyzing holidays all together around the world... Further, ITS FOR THE KIDS...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Wow you really need some professional help.....

Someone needs to think outside the box.

Pssss hey you! This is ATS.

Death to xmas an all its Satan ways.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't know much about pagans but I thought they sounded pretty cool. Can someone briefly tell me what's so bad about them and what they did to Christmas? I thought it was Coca-Cola +TV advertising X big business that ruined it all.
Wasn't it Christianity that ruined paganism?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well done OP
Teach these religion slaves a lesson

edit on 20-12-2011 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

according to santa clause is coming to town, i thought it was a magic crystal snow ball that was taught to him by the winter warlock!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Algebra was not in the Bible, so by your logic we should stop factoring as well.

Its videos like the one you posted that prove Christians are children with down syndrome.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I thought Santa had a fire proof suit that can with stand 3rd degree burns...and then I thought he was a burglar…‘coming down chimneys and such‘, Then I thought he worked for the CIA or homeland security, being though he knew all my business and all.

I think your mind has been occupied for so long.

It is time to fill it as you wish.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I don't know much about pagans but I thought they sounded pretty cool. Can someone briefly tell me what's so bad about them and what they did to Christmas? I thought it was Coca-Cola +TV advertising X big business that ruined it all.
Wasn't it Christianity that ruined paganism?

YES, YES, YES, and again YES!

Pagans are about each other and existing all whilst having fun!

Christianity is the true 'evil' in disguise. You dont see Pagans running around accusing Christians of things they dont understand then burning them. Christmas is a slave tactic, and I hate it! The original point was great and noble; Be with family, feasting, and good times.

And Santa/Satan is is a corporation product lying to the idiot Christians/sheeple!

Im done with this crap, DONE!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Ye this guy doesnt know what he is talking about. Yule predates Christmas. The caroling, feasting, gift giving, the lights and decorations even the date all come from early pagan rituals.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Its Santa CLAUS...not Santa Clause [which is a trashy American film].

Claus comes from the name Klaus. A 'clause' is an added small print on a contract. Seriously, during this merry time I cringe every time someone uses it wrong.

CLAUS, CLAUS, CLAUS!!!

edit on 20-12-2011 by Hecate666 because: for stuff

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by trisvonbis
I fully agree with the evil roots of Christmas, it is obvious. Red suit, comes at night, through fire - or wherever fire should be made - bringing us physical junk to enjoy - while putting aside spiritual thoughts - the star of Baal-Vomit and all. Not belonging to christian or pagan or any other religion, I really don't care at all. The spelling is somewhat wrong though. It could be improved to Satan's Claws

edit on 20-12-2011 by trisvonbis because: Whatever...

Add that he is all knowing like God is supposed to be and the moral judge so he is replacing God.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Don't hate on Santa, the whole idea of flying reindeer, hanging stockings, red and white, decorated trees and greenery and gift giving predates Christianity by over a thousand years. Christmas may be a farce, but the ideas and traditions behind Christmas are not based on materialism or the economy. Even a Santa-like figure and elves come from an age long before Jesus freaks ever decided to steal the thunder of Mithra and Yuletide. Most of Christmas' traditions stem from Siberian Shamans and various tribes from Europa.
Jesus may be the reason for Christmas, but he is definitely not the reason for the "season."

And the "better watch out" part of the song likely stems from the Alps, specifically Germanic tribes. Research the Krampus [pictured].

[eta]: The red and white of Santa's clothes comes from the Amanita muscaria mushroom, another thing borrowed from Siberia. The name Santa is taken from the latin Sancta, which literally means "saint." So any of that Santa/Satan talk is rubbish, and Klaus or Claus is from ancient German, meaning "The people's Victory."

edit on 20-12-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
Its Santa CLAUS...not Santa Clause [which is a trashy American film].

Claus comes from the name Klaus. A 'clause' is an added small print on a contract. Seriously, during this merry time I cringe every time someone uses it wrong.

CLAUS, CLAUS, CLAUS!!!

edit on 20-12-2011 by Hecate666 because: for stuff

Rearranged to Satan La cus....The Latin word lacus means "opening, hole, pool..from wiki

or the Roman place Lacus Curtius

A bit to the east of the dodecagonal basin, the skeletons were discovered of a child, a woman and a man that were bound together and drowned in the lake. It is tempting to assume that the stories of Mettius and Marcus Curtius contain badly understood memories of a very ancient ritual, in which people were sacrificed by drowning them in the Lacus Curtius. Perhaps the three skeletons belong to the profaners mentioned in the inscription on the Black Stone.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
yeah santa is made up by coca-cola co....he was almost a blue santa......but yeah...coke....go fig....

and i am not kidding....check it out
edit on 20-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

The modern day image of Santa, but not the man himself. A two second google search Disproved your theory.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

First we don't call him Satan Clause. It's Santa Claus. It's a small distinction, but a distinction nonetheless. Why I am even taking this post seriously, is beyond me right now...I must be tired.

Secondly, be good for goodness sake is just asking children to do the right thing and that you "better not shout (be bold), better not cry (aim to be spoiled or put above others) and better not pout (you won't always get your way get used to it) is meant to teach children right from wrong.
If you are on Santa's naughty list, no toys for you. If your a good boy or girl, you will be rewarded.

This is part of how children are taught to be disciplined individuals with values. Also, being festive with family and friends is also a good experience for children as well, for some it builds the fondest of memories.

So before you trash the idea, look at what the idea does for the kids and people. It does nothing but good things. So back off Christmas already, don't like it, don't celebrate it and let the rest of us be in peace.
edit on 20-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join