It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to prosecute the US over Drone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Anyone else notice the video, once again, contradicts what Iran has already claimed? I see they are once again back to the downing the aircraft claim. They also stated they were able to get into the electronics, yet in the video they say they are close to cracking it.

If Iran wishes to pursue charges, they are more than welcome to go for it. Just as the US and other countries are within their rights to force Iran to comply with NPT / IAEA treaty obligations.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Iran has every right, in my opinion, to file a suit.

Now whether or not this suit will have any merit,
or how the UN/ICJ will proceed,
are entirely different matters.
edit on 20-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Iran are developing/have developed their own stealth drone.

I don't believe that Iran has stealth drone. Does it ?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Iran is attempting to be the grown up using legal means to back off the UN and NATO in agreeing with the US to bomb them into extinction. Obama and Congress are acting like a pack of rabid dogs wanting to kill anyone and everyone. They are attacking and don't really care who the victims are as long as at the end of the day a lot of people are dead. Look at the laws they are passing against the American people. If they can't kill overseas lets start a war on our own citizens. Somebody got to die. There is little doubt they for what ever the reason have all totally lost their minds.

No , they have'nt lost their minds.

They have just brought you as this state of mind. They just get your mind ready for a scary drastic catasrophe (like ww3) and then they give you a smaller version of that.

Just look at how people are ready to take the ww3 here on ATS , they are the ones who lost their minds. Their minds are not theirs.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I hope they sue their pants off!

Do you think Obama would pay the lawsuit?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think the most interesting part of the whole drone controversy is being overlooked. The drone was supposedly equipped with highly sensitive sensors capable of detecting very small amounts of radioactive isotopes and chemicals which may indicate the existence of nuclear weapons facilities. Now think about that for a minute. Every republican candidate besides Ron Paul is claiming that Iran is just months away from having a nuclear weapon, and they are using this "fact" as their reason to bomb them. If we have drones capable of detecting these "weapons" facilities, then where is the proof? To me this whole fiasco only strengthens Dr. Paul's position on foreign policy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
This isnt a bad course of action. Too bad the international entities, World Court, UN etc. which handle these matters are run by the US.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Good luck with that

line 2

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In all fairness....look at where UN inspections of Iraq got us.....before the war UN officials noted a 90% probability that Iraq did not have WMDs......yet we attacked them whith sadam on the phone trying to have more inspectors come in and tell the US it was all BS.....why would Iran let that happen to them......we shut that part of the world out when ever we want.....UN or no UN....the US sends bombs for nation breaking and bricks for nation building where ever the US wants.....reasons to do so are a pleasant surprise if they are at all based in some truth....if not......baaaaa

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The whole drone thing is a joke. That thing didn't end up in their hands unless we wanted it to. I don't know what the purpose would be - maybe its a b.s. drone, and we're hoping they waste resources researching it when the platform is old, or different from what we really use. Or maybe it was to provoke response. One thing I'm pretty sure of...that thing didn't crash land gently into their arms fully intact, especially with no self-destruct, or anything like that. The whole things seems awfully fishy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
I hope they sue their pants off!

Do you think Obama would pay the lawsuit?

LOL...would the President of the United States pay a pitifully weak enemy nation money for catching us spying on them? Um...I'll go with a full-on NO/NYET/NEIN! on that one!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I dont think so man....IMO we are too naive when it comes to American supremacy in all things tech.....the rest of the world is full of smart humans just like we have back home.....not to mention that China and Russia arent dumb or behind in scientific break throughs,,,,,,we lost it.....they probably knocked out one of our satelites or disabled it with a laser.....nothing star wars ish....just messed up the camera or tracking system with a beam of light.....nothing nuts....then intercepted the drone trying to aquire a new satelite.....I dont know how but its not imposible....we are not the hollywood super nation anymore.....we have to come to terms with that....we are broke and broken by so many years of useless war.....be humble.....we have to take it easy for a while....

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Righteous words

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamother44
reply to post by redrose123

Iran is not attempting to be the grownup. They are currently under UN sanctions because they have refused to grant inspections by the International Atomic Energy Agency and continued Uranian Enrichment. Today, they invited those inspectors in but did not allow for them to investigate any nuclear weapons concerns, a key requirement of the UN. Furthermore, Iran has drawn up a list of scientists that would be off limits to any questioning. It doesn't seem like the "grown up" "legal" approach to anything.
edit on 19-12-2011 by yamother44 because: (no reason given)

Iran as a nation is not allowed to protect their national security?.. or does denying CIA sightseeing tours make them "bad guys"?

You know as well as I do the US govt would not allow foreigners, of any flavor, unfettered access to every shadowy government crevasse.. just because the foreigners insisted upon it. Nope, no way, no how.. traitors from the left right up down party would decry the sodomizing of sovereignty allowed by whoever they're calling president...

Lets not pretend Iran doesn't have a similar political facade in place.. with politicians and sub divisions to please.. Besides, no government that wants domestic credibility is going to be walked all over by anyone, especially the great satan.. Iranian propagandas boogie-man.

Besides all that, its an age old tactic to knowingly demand way of your adversary than he will give..its a game to keep one side perpetually unreasonable.

Low budget dramaganda.. plot complication where its Iran Vs USA before judge Judy.. who will win?!.. stay tuned to more 24/7 virtuous US versus evil them TV.. sponsored by GE, the GOP and GOP dear leaders who all love you so much..lol

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

You know as well as I do the US govt would not allow foreigners, of any flavor, unfettered access to every shadowy government crevasse.. just because the foreigners insisted upon it

Or their taxpaying citizens for that matter.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

You cannot nuke Iran

You need to learn the difference between what cannot be done, and what you are apprehensive to do.

no way will Russia and China allow the USA to start nuking their neighbours

You say this as though they have some kind of ... ability ... to prevent it from happening.

Now, if we were to threaten to do it, yes, they would be provoked into a response, because of fear. Fear is a huge motivating force, and drives people to many irrational actions and committing to an overwhelming task best left to other devices.

If Iran were to simply be nuked, the discussion would be quite different than if we were to threaten.

People do not understand the correct use of a weapon. You all are primitive in mind. A weapon is used for its purpose to kill. Intimidation is over-rated, and provokes an escalation of force. If I draw a knife, you will draw a gun. If I gut someone in front of you with a knife before sheathing it - you will still likely draw a gun, but it is unlikely you will use it when I turn and walk away - my task complete.

The psychology of the two events are entirely different.

if you send in land forces it will be a long and protracted war, especially if Russia and China take Iran's side, remember when ever Russia or China have been in active support of any nation the US has attacked, the US has lost i.e Korea and Vietnam, and you can make up as many busll# excuses as to why that you want, but you still LOST

We won Korea. We would have pushed all the way into China, had we been allowed to. We even had North Korea occupied for quite some time, and were pushing them back (again) when it was finally decided for the 'U.N.' to end hostilities.

Look at the back of your refrigerator. There's a good chance the compressor is an LG compressor. Your phone likely is, too. LG and Samsung are the GE of Korea - and they make everything from heat exchangers to cars to naval war ships.

No, son, we didn't lose that war.

As for Vietnam - it wasn't the Russians or the Chinese that were the root of the problem. It was simply a lack of establishing a clear mission objective and allowing the armed forces to pursue it. Rather than bombing the piss out of the Ho Chi Mihn trail - we should have been bombing North Vietnam back to the stone age. We were swinging at the tide with a sword and chopping at sharks with a shield.

Americans think that they can just keep attacking and they can beat anyone,

That's a political front. Other countries like to believe they are part of the goings-on in the world, too.

Seriously, you've really no concept of strategy and how overwhelmed a country is by even a single carrier battle group.

Few people have any comprehension of what kind of power that carrier packs around. If it comes down to attrition - that single carrier battle group can be exchanged for the near complete destruction of the strategic infrastructure necessary to support a war for virtually any country within striking range of the sea. As it stands - no other country has the force projection to pose a serious threat to the strategic homeland resources of the U.S.

Which pretty much means we can break other people's toys and continue building our own with relative impunity.

Your troops are just blood thirsty thugs, gung ho and pretty much hopeless.

You've, obviously, not met any, have you.

In the first Iraq war, the only British troops killed in combat were killed by trigger happy Americans.

Well, I guess that puts British troops below Nicaraguan standards, now doesn't it?

In Iraq and Afghanistan you have killed over 1 Million innocent civilians and you still cant win

How do you determine innocent and guilty in a post-mortem environment where the combatants are dressed as the civilian populace? I'm quite curious.

You lot are all mouth, screaming for war and how good it is when you don't have to fight and others are doing the dying, wait until its your families that die, your cities that are destroyed, wake up the world is sick of you and the end will come

*yawn*

Another false god proclaiming to be the voice of the world. Get over yourself.

People die. It's the ultimate outcome of life. Quit acting like war is some kind of new calamity to befall the world. We're overdue for a major global conflict by about 50 years, given the previous 4,000 years of history that have been like clockwork.

America is on the brink of civil war - so you'll eventually get your wish. Just be aware that the resulting chain of events will throw each and every nation on this planet into a war unlike any that have been seen, before. A secular ideological war, of sorts.

Be a good sport about it and try to have fun, would you?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

FEAR! This one word can do a lot of damage, it can be used to scare, manipulate, heck just about anything...AIM64c says it best in his quote below

Me - I like to keep it simple but confusing at the same time so here's my analogy: take it for what it's worth

Man: he's going to play the United States
Woman: she's going to play another country (let's just go ahead and call her Iran)
and the mutual Friends: well they can play the United Nations

So the mutual friends know both parties to a certain extent (their likes, dislikes, good behaviors, bad behaviors) but they still don't know each other's TRUE intentions. (or what's in each other's closet - behind the clothes and in the old dusty shoe boxes)

The man (U.S.) wants to get closer to the woman (Iran), perhaps build a relationship and create an open dialogue about what they have (diseases - or in this case nukes) if anything...which the mutual friends (U.N.) are all about both parties protecting themselves but they seek assurances...

The woman (Iran) still not sure what she is after...but she's content on letting you think all is fine when in reality she's making witch soup and getting better with each batch she develops...but still not quite sure she has all the ingredients and measured them correctly.

let's get back to the mutual friends...they want these assurances so that the friends (U.N.) can say they were the ones who were the matchmakers and get credit for the hookup!

assurances for the man (U.S.) so he doesn't get an STD or is cheated on by the woman (or in this case: Iran catches the U.S. off guard by infecting a friend - like Israel for example)

...and

assurances for the woman (Iran) so she doesn't get pregnant while the man walks out on her (or in this case: Iran gets themselves into a pickle, putting fear into other countries so much so that another country knocks them up and bombs away - Iran gets stuck with years of hell) *at least there's not a time limit, say like 18 years*

So what's there to do - well, here's a few options...

1. date for awhile and get to know each other better (seems like this has been going on for awhile already and not much has chg'd for the better) arguments, the silent treatment, we all know the deal...

2. breakup, hate each other and get with your friends' friends...and act like they want you to act like - in other words, feed them what they want you to hear (yeah - this has been going on too for years now)

3. dive in and get married (not sure I want to think of what that would look like)

4. or just keep playing the same old reindeer games and stiffing santa with the bill

looks like the man (U.S.) is prob better off playing with himself, and when the woman (Iran) is done playing with her barbie (GI Joe) she can go back to being happy b/c 3 wks later she's bound to get crankier - and the cycle continues

...btw - I used "the man" as a reference to play the U.S. b/c it was a interesting and fun pun (not b/c I'm a sexist) as some may think as they read thru this...just trying to nip those comments in the bud - so nobody tries calling me a sexist

Looks like we'll see how it plays out...

Originally posted by Aim64C
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

"Fear is a huge motivating force, and drives people to many irrational actions"
edit on 12/22/2011 by codegreenspace because: I messed up the quote...all should be good now

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join