It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osiris, the origins of christianity, the egyptian resurrection

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
well, a lot of you are not gonna like this, but truth hurts i guess. first i wanna say that i fully applaud the PRINCIPLE of christianity i.e. do unto others as you would have them do unto you. all of us should live like this. it's a good thing to believe in. and dying to save others is a really nice thing to do as well, and something to be applauded and respected. So the THEORY and PRINCIPLE of christianity is right - i have no problem with it; or with people who want to follow those principles cuz they believe in them.

You don't actually have to believe in the whole biblical story to still believe in and follow those principles tho. Please bear that in mind when you read the rest of the post.

Basically, fairy tales aside, the origins of religion (judaism and christianity at least) as we know it definitely began in egypt. an important book on the topic is osiris and the egyptian resurrection from amazon.com.

Osiris was the first time we see references to a 'kingdom of heaven' that people could gain entry to if they were good during their lives (and did not offend the gods). Osiris was the first time a god was resurrected, raised from the dead, then went into the kingdom of heaven. This occurred on the djed pillar it seems from pictures - the origins of the christian cross idea?

The origins of the holy trinity we find there too - being isis, osiris and horus.

Horus was the son of god - the inheritor - and freemasons/illuminati today cover one eye to symbolise the lost eye of horus. he lost the eye in a fight with set - his uncle who killed his father. (e.g. see pictures of lady gaga covering one eye)

These two brother gods - set and osiris - you will hear referred to in religions and by native traditions in many places. i believe they are the sumerian gods enlil and enki. they are the two brother gods said to have gone to nan madol in the pacific and ordered the building of the new city right next to the site of the old one (underwater).

osiris went for a long journey all over the world - he taught agriculture, built structures etc - while he was away, set tried to overthrow him. Osiris i believe is the god viracocha from south american legend.

So basically when xmas carols are sung, and you sing 'hark the herald angels sing, glory to the new born king'... i think you're paying homage to horus - the 'new born king' on earth. he will inherit - or come into his kingdom - shortly. (I think krishna may be horus.... as he's often depicted as a baby god )

there were followers of horus in ancient egypt. it's the origin of the brother hood - i.e. freemasons/illuminati.

By the way - when you say the lords prayer - give us our daily bread - this hearks back to egypt too. osiris invented agriculture - so ppl started praying to the gods for their 'daily bread' or words to that effect.

You are paying homage to an alien god: your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.

Our father who art in heaven - then you conclude with AMEN.

AMEN -RA was a god of the ancient egyptians. Possibly osiris's father? In heaven?

Judging by ancient humans' obsession with sirius, i would say these alien gods come from sirius. orion is a contender as well.

the aliens unfortunately, are meat eaters - they do eat humans as well.

In egypt, wine replaced human blood in sacrifices to the gods. Yes they DID perform human sacrifices to the gods in egypt and africa. Dont beleive me? Read the osiris book.

An egyptian text says: the water of the gods is wine.

wine symbolised blood; so the water of the gods is human blood.

Jesus turned - water into wine.
the holy communium you say : body of christ, blood of christ as you eat. Think about that for a second.

I'm not beating up on these gods/aliens - we live with other carnivores on this planet - crocodiles and such, and that's the circle of life.

But seriously, - if you want real religion - i think you need to be looking along the lines of star wars and 'the force' - i.e. a universal force for good in the universe, as opposed to worshipping aliens as gods.

course if you want to worship them as aliens, go right ahead, cuz that's what they ARE. and they have ruled for quite a while now.

Anyway, point being that the egyptian priests invented religion i imagine - cuz they saw these aliens going about in their ufos - i.e. going about in heaven in their heavenly boats - and thought it was pretty cool - so they figured if they paid homage to the aliens and obeyed them, maybe the aliens would let them into their 'kingdom of heaven' when they died. and hey presto

religion was born.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Some links please, sounds fascinating.

amen means let it be so not surprising to see a prayer end with that word. I
Also thought thoth taught agricultural, not Osiris.... But yes please post some links
edit on 19-12-2011 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
hey your right on track, good summary of the connections, however this is only the tip of the ice berg. If you haven't yet read The emerald tablets of Thoth I highly recommend checking it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Lady gaga - masonic/illuminati eye of horus sign.

many popstars make this sign. as well as tons of other freemasonic signs of recognition.

you'll need to read the book - osiris and the egyptian resurrection to find some of the source for a lot of things i just said:

www.archive.org.../n7/mode/2up

the original idea of gods being aliens of course is von danikens and a lot of work has been done around this idea over the years by many different authors.

David Icke views them as reptilians. I can see how he comes up with that, and i think one race at least probably is - however i think the ancient gods/aliens are even more weird than that. It is a shapeshifting race. he's correct on that.

Think of stories of Zeus shapeshifting into an eagle, bull, swan, etc.

it also eats animals/humans etc.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

But seriously, - if you want real religion - i think you need to be looking along the lines of star wars and 'the force'

Until you mentioned this, I was really confused...

Thanks for clarifying...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

i'm giving you the short version.

there's much more i could say.

i have said more on the icke forum. maybe you'll come across one of my threads if you're interested.

this is just a heads up, you'll have to research if you're interested.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

The Greek gods, for the most part, are ancient Egyptian gods reinvented. For example the Greek god Dionysus is the equivalent of Ausar (Osiris). The three major religions today, Judaism, Christianity and Islam have their roots in pagan religious ideologies.

The connections you pointed out between Jesus and Ausar are very interesting and I've read about some of them before.
edit on 12/19/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

er, yeeeeesssss, that is what i just said.....

this is for the benefit of ppl who aren't as clever as you....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

In training I received from Illuminati Manchurian Candidate Preparation Program with overseas from the Jesuits who look like the ones in charge of a massive secret army bred to look like the AntiChrist followers to trick the world the AntiChrist is real and to joinin a world revolution for the preparation of the Second Coming I have just receiving training in hieroglyphis over the past few days. I was being instructed from an actual Egyptian Hieroglyph detailing formulas of how to make false miracles to get people to worship false gods. The Egyptian Hieroglyphs my trainers showed me were especially related to an Egyptian cult that Churches used to invent ideas of a horned devil. The hieroglyps refer to a bull with horns false god with a human body, this was the prototype used to create the Christian devil. The Jesuits are trying to get me involved in a false AntiChrist movement to take the blame for flase flag operations and get the west to invade Israel like some conspiracy theories says the USA used Osama Bin Laden to invade Afghanistan and Iraq

The Code Name of this is called Moriah Conquering Wind, Bush said he thinks there is an angel in the wirlworld directing the storm, which means use a false antichrist to get Christian to make a western revolution to destory democracy and start aq world crusade against the AntiChrist under the delusion the Second Coming is immanent and will assist with heavenly reinforcements. The Illuminati plans to kill most people off from the earth including Christians and set up a NWO where the world is divided between three churches (Anglican, Vatican, Russian East Orthodox) who fight constant fake wars against each other for population control.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I noticed you mentioned an idea of the gods egyptians worshipped being aliens from sirius. In fact the gods egypt worshipped were fake gods egyptian secret societies impersonated and acted like. They used illusions, magic, and other methods to make performances or acts of their gods such as humans using klever methods to appear as though they had animal heads doing tricks like levitation and walking on water to amaze the people. Today there are charasmats charming and working up the crowds of the faithful christians, in egyptians they would creat performances of people looking like the egyptian dieties with animal heads possessing powers to move the people. Many Hierglyps when they show images of the egyptian gods actually are really explaining how to make humans pull of false miracles and acts to look like gods. Like the Wizard of Oz using the machine to appear as a great and powerful wizard while he was just a man hidding behind the curtains playing on a machine.

Now you know

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Without needing to go into too much depth, this is something I've realized for a very long time -- the recycling of many major religions (the "mainstream" ones) that simply arise when someone, usually a fairly dynamic individual with great oratory skills and personal presence (sometimes), stirs people who feel disenfranchised in some way, and splinter off.

Within any one "mainstream" religion, those splinters are called "sects". Just count the number of such sects, merely within "christianity"!! A dogma thats been in existence for only ~2,000 years. And, in ages past, even those sects were, in ways similar to the ancient Egyptians, were determined in many respects by the "royal rulers" (or, "divine on Earth" humans who "ruled").

Then, there are things like Latter Day Saints, Seventh Day Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, et cetera (not an all-inclusive list) that in my opinion stray a bit beyond mere "sects" into full-blown off-shoots.

Many years ago I was on a tour in Egypt, and an American lady in the group (7th Day Adventist herself, though not "strict" apparently) mentioned that she happened, through close friends, to know a bit of the top "secret" levels in the Mormon "church" (LDS) -- and the stunning similarities to the ancient Egyptian temples, and what the guides were telling, based on the scholarly work of deciphering their religion, the "most holy of holies" inner temple areas. She mentioned that is was nearly identical to the LDS....leading me to speculate that LDS founder Joseph Smith must have been a "fan" of Egyptology (besides being, well.....he advocated multiple wives for one man, and disparaged homosexuality, so you can figure that out....).

What saddens me the most is how the current (and this is "broad-brush") Judeo-Christian bunch of hokum has set back Humanity for all these centuries -- with the proviso that tangential to that set of beliefs, there is another (more recent) major branch that, on examination, ain't all that different in many ways -- Islam. Islam, itself although less than what, 1,000 years old? Suffering many divisive sects as well.

Not sure if any "organized religion" isn't separated into denominations of sects in some way.

Again, the definition of "sect" here is loose, you can surely research it and then interpret what is written to suit yourselves....which is the problem, after all!!
Individual interpretation, with a small group who decide to split off...for whatever their reasons.

Now, all this tends to revolve around what could be termed the "Western World" religions.....it's interesting also to investigate how other more isolated pockets of Human groups evolved their belief systems, and, well.....the ability to dissect and understand it becomes daunting.

So daunting that's well past time to abandon the whole mess, maybe all of them.

But "rational Human" is often an oxymoron, tragically.

Hope this doesn't come off as a 'rant', but it is a dangerous 'third rail' potential for many, and feelings can get hurt...however, it's important to examine the facts as much as possible, and recognize the difference from dogmatic "belief" and well-defined factual empirical evidence that is in existence, and constantly being added to.

I'll close with, not a bash of christianty per se, but this graphic chart that does tend to illustrate a disturbing fact that cannot be denied:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only poster who was a little confused. I'm going to need help clearing this one up because I don't have any background knowledge of Egyptian gods. Do I unterstand correctly that you are saying:

The principle "Do unto others..." is what makes Christianity, Christianity?

That the trinity is Isis, Osiris, Horus, but Osiris' father Amen-ra, and his brother, Set are not part of the trinity?

That Christians invented the cross as a holy symbol because Horus was fastened to a pillar?

Horus was the model that Christians copied?

The god, Set tried to overthrow the god Osiris while Osiris was teaching everyone in the world how to make buildings and plant seeds?

If I misunderstand, please correct me.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Lies.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
so, what amazes me with this broken record topic is how anyone can understand the context and make a point on a topic by reading a history book on it and start by reading from the middle to the end.
Alot of truths, even more half truths and mostly false assumptions based on personal and others personal opinions.
Adam Seth and Enoch is the original storytellers for this story.
It was a story that was later known as prophecy about the coming of the Anointed One.
Many posers stepped up to claim the title, including Osiris/Nimrod.
That's why Set cut him in pieces and breaking his legs, to prove he was a poser. He failed in fulfilling those requirements found in prophecy of who the Anointed would be.
Of course there is a storyline they all followed, DOH!
Start with the Mazzaroth, the storyline for this prophecy devised by Adam Seth and Enoch written in the sky and told for many many centuries before Nimrod/Osiris ever existed. He was a poser that failed in the requirements. Amazing how many today believe zeitgeist and created for themselves unbreakable pre-suppositions as a result.

So, please stop from telling this prophecy by starting in the middle of the drama with Nimrod. It's soooooo disengenuous.Amazing how this generation thinks they are the enlightened generation yet they cannot seem to discern truth because ....welll, why is that?
Look at the graph by one poster above showing all the scientific advancements in this age.....How many ways has man recently devised to kill us all off in the name of science?
If we started a list it would be a thread in itself.
It's what happens to a prideful people that lack discernment when they choose ease and comfort at the detriment to moral behavior. Is there a relation to trust in "science" and unaccountable behavior? Is that what has happened with the unchecked oligarchs and elected officials?
The op made more ignorant assumptions than the few facts that barely snuck into the post.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The original post is useless without links to support, flesh out and document your claims.

If you'd like to actually engage in a discussion, please offer supporting sources. If not, this thread could just as effectively been placed in 'rants'.

Eric

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
So basically when xmas carols are sung, and you sing 'hark the herald angels sing, glory to the new born king'... i think you're paying homage to horus - the 'new born king' on earth. he will inherit - or come into his kingdom - shortly. (I think krishna may be horus.... as he's often depicted as a baby god )

there were followers of horus in ancient egypt. it's the origin of the brother hood - i.e. freemasons/illuminati.

I am certain the elite believe that Horus will return here. A lot of world leaders worship him.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Aren’t there some striking parallels between the Jesus and Horus stories?

1) Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.

Let’s take this one apart and deal with each separate issue:

Isis being a virgin is, at best, a "maybe", since there is evidence on both sides. According to most scholars, Horus’ mother was not a virgin. She was married to Osiris, and there is no reason to suppose she was abstinent after marriage. Horus was, per the story, miraculously conceived. Seth had killed and dismembered Osiris, then Isis put her husband's dead body back together and had intercourse with it. In some versions, she used a hand-made phallus since she wasn't able to find that part of her husband. So while it was a miraculous conception, it was not a virgin birth. There are other versions of the story in which Horus' conception was non-sexual, but, since Isis was still married to Osiris, there's no reason to suppose that the authors of those stories intended for her to be a virgin.

2) His earthly father was named "Seb" ("Joseph").

First of all, there is no parallel between the Egyptian name “Seb” and the Hebrew name “Joseph”, other than the fact that they’re common names. Also, Seb was Osiris’ father, not Horus’.

3) He was of royal descent.

This one’s true! But it's not really a comparison to Jesus. When followers speak of Jesus being of 'royal descent', they usually mean His being a descendent of King David, an earthly king. Horus was, according to the myth, descended from heavenly royalty (as Jesus was), being the son of the main god.

4) At age 12, he was a child teacher in the Temple, and at 30, he was baptized, having disappeared for 18 years.

He never taught in any temple and was never baptized. Also, Jesus didn't 'disappear' in the years between His teaching in the temple and baptism. He worked humbly as a carpenter.

5) Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus or Iarutana (Jordan) by "Anup the Baptizer" ("John the Baptist"), who was decapitated.

Again, Horus was never baptized. There is no “Anup the Baptizer” in the story.

6) He had 12 disciples, two of whom were his "witnesses" and were named "Anup" and "Aan" (the two "Johns").

Horus had four disciples (called ‘Heru-Shemsu’). There’s another reference to sixteen followers, and a group of followers called ‘mesnui’ (blacksmiths) who join Horus in battle, but are never numbered. But there’s no reference to twelve followers or any of them being named “Anup” or “Aan”.

7) He performed miracles, exorcised demons and raised El-Azarus ("El-Osiris"), from the dead.

He did perform miracles, but he never exorcised demons or raised his father from the dead. There is a version of the story in which Osiris is resurrected, but it happens prior to Horus' birth. Also, Osiris is never referred to as ‘El-Azarus’ or ‘El-Osiris’ (clearly an attempt to make his name more closely resemble the Bible’s “Lazarus”).

8) Horus walked on water.

No, he did not.
for more kingdavid8.com...

And on and on and on it keeps going
This lie has been around for ever and there is absoloutely no justification to the myths.
and hey presto dullards believed and preached the message
People love to make this stuff up.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Basically, fairy tales aside, the origins of religion (judaism and christianity at least) as we know it definitely began in egypt. an important book on the topic is osiris and the egyptian resurrection from amazon.com.

www.halexandria.org...

In the Sumerian texts, we have the stories of Enki and Enlil, and for the most part there is portions devoted to each. But in Genesis, Enlil seemingly reigns supreme. Enlil knew early on, that a pound of good Public Relations effort is worth a ton of truth.

[color=gold]Abraham and his descendants served Enlil, and followed his precepts. The Egyptians, on the other hand, were Enki’s protégés, and based on food management practices during the devastating droughts around the time of Jacob and Joseph, were doing a lot better than Enlil’s followers.

Abrahamic religions are the monotheistic faiths emphasizing and tracing their common origin to Abraham[1] or recognizing a spiritual tradition identified with him.[2][3][4] They are one of the three major divisions in comparative religion, along with Indian religions (Dharmic) and East Asian religions (Taoic). As of the early twenty-first century, it was estimated that 54% of the world's population (3.8 billion people) considered themselves adherents of the Abrahamic religions, about 30% of other religions, and 16% of no religion.[5][6]

The three major Abrahamic religions are, in chronological order of founding, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Judaism regards itself as the religion of the descendants of Jacob,[n 1] a grandson of Abraham. It has a strictly unitary view of God, and the central holy book for almost all branches is the Hebrew Bible, as elucidated in the oral law.

Christianity began as a sect of Judaism[n 2] in the Mediterranean Basin[n 3] of the 1st century CE and evolved into a separate religion—the Christian Church—with distinctive beliefs and practices. Jesus is the central figure of Christianity, considered by almost all denominations to be divine, typically as one person of a Triune God.[n 4] The Christian Bible is typically held to be the ultimate authority, alongside Sacred Tradition in some denominations, such as Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy.

Islam arose in Arabia[n 5] in the 7th century CE with a strictly unitary view of God.[n 6] Muslims (adherents of Islam) typically hold the Qur'an to be the ultimate authority, as revealed and elucidated through the teachings and practices[n 7] of a central, but not divine, prophet, Muhammad. Less well-known Abrahamic religions, originally offshoots of Shi'a Islam, include the Bahá'í Faith[n 8] and Druze.[7]

[color=gold]The three main Abrahamic religions have certain similarities. All are monotheistic, and conceive God to be a transcendent Creator-figure and the source of moral law

en.wikipedia.org...

Basically Egypt was influenced from another direction LORD ENKI named the snake by his big brother LORD ENLIL, hence EGYPT SNAKE HEAD WEAR on their CROWNS representing respect for LORD ENKI---.
The (3) Abramic FAITHS (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam) were influenced by Abraham who was influenced by LORD ENLIL OLDER brother of LORD ENKI both SONS of FATHER* ANU ALL ANNUNAKI* offworlders I think your on the PATH so keep up the good work.

NAMASTE*******

edit on 12/20/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's pretty much been debunked by real Biblical scholars, not the fake God haters. What they typically do is sift through the thousands of contradictory Osiris and Horus myths and then filter out the stuff that seems to prove their point.

www.pleaseconvinceme.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Anyway, point being that the egyptian priests invented religion i imagine -

Yep, you're on the ball.

I worked it out myself a few years ago. Check out this local church near where I live. Others might not get it, but you will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join