It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not picking sides... but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
*edit* DARN!!! I tried to reply to the "If being gay is alright in the eyes of G-d..." thread, but posted a new topic. Sorry...*end edit*

A few things... all the "gay militant" stuff cracks me up. Get real... there are extremes in all walks of life, and in most cases the extremes are not the right way. I've seen significantly more "christian militants" than "gay militants". As a matter of fact, other than sexual behaviour, personally I think the gays are more christ-like than the christians are.

Quick story... I went to a christian church in Nashville this weekend... totally blew me away. They weren't typical christians by any means... which in my eyes, they were TRUE christians. The message of the day was that "Truth is truth, regardless of where it comes from". And the pastor read a really in-depth highly intellectual statement, and asked the congregation "Is that truth?" Everyone said yes, and he said "and it wasn't said by a christian... that was said by Confuscious". And then he went and told everyone how he despises "Christian labeling", such as it's "Christian-music" or the book was written by a "christian-author". And it all came back to truth is truth regardless of where it comes from... and just because it's labeled as "christian" doesn't mean a thing. If only more christians were less afraid of the world and more embracing like this congregation.

A question to all the christians is, if Jesus were around today... would he be a christian? To tell you the truth, I don't so. And better yet, would he be hanging out with all the people that the christians look down upon in society or the self righteous christians? I think history speaks for itself on this one... was he hangin' out with all the "good" Jews, or the "not so good" Jews? (prostitutes, tax collectors, etc... all the people that the rest of society didn't like)

Back on topic... Life is a grand balancing act. People are different, and shouldn't be expected to be like everyone else. I find it amazing that the "christians" can claim that people aren't born gay. That's about as logical as saying that people aren't born with ____ color hair/eyes/skin or that people aren't born blind/deaf/deformed, etc (meaning any number of birth defects or genetic "abnormalities")... Call it a genetic defect if you must, but in the same way we all look different, and have a different genetic makeup, for ANYONE to claim that people aren't born a different way is just plain asinine. How about the rates of Autism these days? Why have they increased? It can't possibly be that there are changes made to our genes (by radiation, all forms of pollution, pharmaceuticals, etc)... it's gotta be that they choose to live like that.

I think a relevant question to ask the uber-christians is... what is your favorite flavor of ice cream? And did you CHOOSE for that to be your favorite, or is that just they way it is? Personally I really like Strawberry... and it's not as much of a choice as it is, just what tastes better to me.

Another Q to the christians is, if the bible is like gold to you, why disregard all the other scripture from that timeframe? Meaning the stuff that the "early church" edited out of the bible... Specifically the dead sea scrolls... they talk about Jesus & Mary in some of them as well... but since it's not all favorable stuff that fills in the more "human" traits of both, it's a flat out lie, huh?

I love the Jewish saying that "the Torah has 70 faces", meaning that there's an endless number of ways that it can be interpreted... and it should be. The "christians" should know what I'm talking about... you call it the Old Testament... which also seems to be the only place you're ever able to find G-d not liking something or showing anger about stuff (revelations excluded). People need to think and be stimulated... and if we don't take the stance that there are many perspectives to the same issue (and they're all relevant), than we just don't get it and are wasting our time. People shouldn't be told what it means, they should find meaning themselves.

I guess a big part of my point is that the christians need to do like they say... isn't it that we should not judge, because judging is for G-d, and G-d alone? Stop talking and start walking... Be more loving and understand like Jesus was... PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT AND IT'S OKAY... The End

[edit on 9-8-2004 by ScislaC]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Right on! I am glad to see some people in the world taking an open minded and understanding view on others. The hatred generated by those who insist on conformity is one of the most unbearable things in this world.

join