It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 - Bin Laden, Gaddafi, Jong-il, Ben Ali, Mubarak, Gbagbo & soon Bashar al-Assad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
As Christmas approaches and the goose is getting fat... its almost time to call last orders for 2011... and what a year it was, not all for the better.

The one thing that stands out for me, littered among all the other major stories of 2011, were the changes in power or the demise of power.

Below is a list of major leaders who met their demise, in one way or another, in 2011 -

Bin Laden (Ex-leader of Al-Qaeda for 24 years) - Killed
Gaddafi (Ex-leader of Libya for 42 years) - Killed
Jong-il (Ex-leader of North Korea for 17 years) - Died
Ben Ali (Ex-leader of Tunisia for 24 years) - In Exile
Mubarak (Ex-leader of Egypt for 30 years) - In Exile
Gbagbo (Ex-leader of Ivory Coast for 11 years) - In Prison

There are of course more, but they all seem to fall under the same bracket. With the immanent demise of Bashar al-Assad on the horizon, you could say 2011 was a year of change... actual real change, be it good or bad.

This did get me thinking of the dreaded 2012 thing... you know, the alien/plant x/return of Christ thing. I don't buy too much into 2012 conspiracies, but if 2012 is supposed to be a year of great change... you couldn't ask for a better prequel than 2011.

What else happened in 2011 and what did this year mean to you?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by II HAL II

Right on. Thanks for the list. Its hard to imagine its all a coincidence, right?

I mean, the worlds number one military power suddenly finds most of its enemies assassinated?

Cmon, there are no coincidences.

Doesnt look good for Iran or Venezuela in 2012.

Maybe we'll get lucky and Americans will take down all the American fascists dictators.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
All for one, one for all....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Whatever is happening , its something big , and it looks like theyre tying up loose ends , Iran is surrounded by american bases , s.korea and japan are on standby and are watching n.korea , russia wants america to attack iran so they have an excuse to get involved and destroy europe.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
reply to post by II HAL II

Cmon, there are no coincidences.

True... it does seem odd that they were all in power for so long and they all came to an end in the same year, and for various reasons, not just the recent uprisings in the East.

If 2012 is anything like 2011, it's going to be a crazy ride, didn't Time Wave Zero predict major events speeding up towards 2012? It certainly seems 2011 was full of major events or maybe it just seems that way because people are looking?... not sure... but the events of 2011 were significant.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very significant changes. Funny. I used to check the Timewave all the time, after every major news story. Sometimes there were correlations, sometimes not. I would try to find dates in the past that reference events that happened recently to try to predict major events in the future.

But I never checked in in 2011. Gotta get back on that this year

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
it was certainly a year for accelerated NATO progressions.

what really caught my attention was how quickly it went from war in iraq being finished, to the prospect of a new war in the korean peninsula like iraq was an appetizer for the much bigger fish in the sea.

that happened overnight.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah. Very 1984 isnt it?

Well what happened is we put so much of our money into defense that we need those defense companies to keep making profit or they have to lay off much of their workforce.

Same with Big Oil, Big Pharma, Big IT.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
HAL - I am resurrecting one of your old threads as it is a very good one even today. Please don't take it as stalking you, it is just my curiosity as to the originator of the The Temple Bar thread that got the better of me.

True... it does seem odd that they were all in power for so long and they all came to an end in the same year, and for various reasons, not just the recent uprisings in the East.

The answer to this and many other moves on the Grand Chess Board are by many to be related to these curves.
Production Curves
The "Hydrocarbon Supply = Dollar Supremacy" Act (think theater as in Shakespeare) has dramatically changed. It is a New World when your main power supply is visibly moving toward "Empty" so Queen Bee and her Bankers must move early to "put things in order"

My suspicion is that the "old" were past their useful age and may have started to think too independently. In such a situation there is nothing like a "revolution" to shake everything up and get fresh puppets installed willing to do anything you like.

The problem will be the Masses as they are not the same crowd of the early 20'th century however as we see levels of vivaciousness is not a constraint with them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You forgot Saddam

new topics

top topics

join