It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion used to divide ATS recent posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hi,
IMO
When ever a good thread is made some one throws a jesus is real thread or a priest is a pedo thread....why?
This is a common trend to stir in us our dislike for mind drugs like religion....we always take the bate...

I suggest we ignore blatent distraction threads as most people arent here to convert anyone.....or argue about catholic pedos or Muslim ways of life....we are here for truth. Truth that is mostly scientific and fact based....
I see threads with dozens of pages about religion...while it can be a valid point in the making....most are opinion...

Opinions are about as useful as religion....some good can be extracted but in the end....they always end in useless stalemates.....as we ARGUE rather than learn.....

just a thought....how many times have we heard the holocaust card used at random to just F a good conversation here....

sorry this is in wrong section....its been a while...sorry...please move to correct category....not chem trails...my bad
edit on 19-12-2011 by newyorkee because: sorry this is in wrong section....its been a while...sorry...please move to correct category....not chem trails...my bad

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree.
I've abandoned quite a few threads because a couple of jerks will make lengthy posts arguing with each other so I think the mods should be a little more strict with the off topic rule.

However, I think posts that do get removed should be viewable in some way as this would prevent any accusations of bias or censorship.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

I have to agree with you. You may be thinking about the recent thread about the Pope's health as an example.

I find that religion attempts to tackle big questions which are outside the field of science. Not just the standard ones: "How did we get here?" "Is there life after death?" and so on. But also questions like "How should we love others?"

While religion is useful, it shouldn't be a major part of most threads. I think it does touch on some aspect of nearly all threads, though. The questions "Is this right? and "How should we treat other men?" come up a lot, and religion should be allowed to make a comment.

One of the ways we should treat men is with respect, and the failure to do that is what I think your Opening Post is about.

Education can help some, but we've all seen massive hatred unleashed at inappropriate times. It makes me feel sad for the "Haters."

Is our only choice to call on the mods? I'm afraid I don't have an answer other than that

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
And thats why theres a religion forum. Dont click on it if it bothers you so much. We are allowed to post opinion on some forums, especially religion and paranormal studies. If cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Click on forums you like.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I agree. If heated debate is not your cup of tea, then stay far away from the Religion Thread. I post in there a lot myself, but then again, I am educated in biblical lore and religious history, and love to argue.
What gets me is when a serious thread begins in the UFO/Aliens Threads, the Fundamentals invade it with tier rhetoric. I have seen a lot of good threads derailed in this manner.

top topics

join