It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Vizual1

I am from the NWT and am really interested in doing a Nahanni Expedition ( maybe search for the entrances) My family own planes that fly tourists into the Nahanni area. We could fly in and either canoe or hike or both! Get at me if you are interested!
[email protected]

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phayte

If you are serious about joining an expedition join us here www.facebook.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you are serious plz join us here

www.facebook.com...

a reply to: leawyoming

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Djint

If you are serious about joining an expedition join us here www.facebook.com...

I'm pretty interested. I'm very outdoorsy, having packed across New Mexico and paddled the Boundary Waters a couple times and am a firm believer of minimalist packing and camping.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this thread.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Just skimmed the article... Makes me want to visit this gorge/Valley sounds like a good time.

posted on Aug, 12 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hello i decided to put my first post here to state what i hope is the obvious. All members of a expeditionary squad going into a place such as this would need to submit to full and thorough phsychiatric evaluations. Mostly looking for the ability to cope with extreme situations and a propensity twords goal orientation and a little competitiveness works great in a hostile enviroment. These people would also need to be be screened against seperation anxiety due to family or other things that can lead to either erratic or deranged behaviour due to the extremes of such a mission. Sorry if this was already posted lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well it's been four years since I last saw or posted on this thread. Did anyone from ATS ever go visit this place? There were a lot of volunteers and now you apparently have a Facebook page. Did this happen or was it a lot of talk that went nowhere. Meanwhile it sounds like there were expeditions that didn't turn up much except a lot of rocks and trees.

posted on Aug, 13 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I used to read and re-read Patterson's "Dangerous River" when I was younger and dream of canoeing down the Nahanni. The book is a great read and I would highly recommend it. However, he and his partner spent a few years fur trapping on the Nahanni and never encountered anything supernatural. The native tribes were still living the traditional life back then, and his interactions with them were cautious but ultimately safe. His son was a neighbour of mine for years.

posted on Aug, 14 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lodestone
Cool! My own interest in this thread was not necessarily anything supernatural, but interest in the supposed warm micro climate of the valley. When the thread opened it all seemed more of an atypical wilderness for the region: a warm oasis where animals that were thought to be extinct might conceivably survive. As I'm reading on it sounds like this oasis did not materialize. But it's still interesting territory. One of the articles presented in this thread wrote it up as being unusually devoid of nature sounds.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
If anyone actually has the means (a lot to consider) to join a group of explorers, pay your way (financially) and the heart to see it through. I'm interested in talking to you. I believe there to be some very dangerous creatures in this Valley and the surrounding area. I want to go and try to document them and would like to put together a team of 8-12 people with a variety of skill sets and expertise.

I need you to understand that this is going to be dangerous. Whether or not there are any unknown animals here, it will be very dangerous. This will not be an excursion such as you see on television.

Serious individuals with the means and the heart only, please email me at [email protected].

Please do not repost this anywhere else. Please do not respond to this publicly on this forum. Thank you.

Christian

<< 5  6  7   >>

join