It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's more insane.

The legends themselves or the egotistical members that think they can uncover said legends?

I wouldn't go anywhere near this place.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Oh come on, where's your sense of adventure??? Another great story to make your imagination work overtime.
I think all the greatest explorers & adventurers were egotisical anyway.
But if you can have a holiday there & people live in towns nearby with prisons as well how wild can it be?
Thanks OP for another great story.
Like the Russian tale too.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'm extremely adventurous and love the outdoors but this place doesn't sound very appealing to me.

Reminds me of the untouched, unreached tribes from Brazil out in the middle of nowhere, I thought that would be a scary place to go let alone this place. That being said, I hope this tribe does really exist, even though they cut off people's heads.

I like the thought of humans out there still living along side nature, Bear Grylls style.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Realm52 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This is a great story! I've always been interested in a trip to a place undiscoverd. Aside from the bottom of the ocean, there isn't much left to discover and explore on Earth.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GonzoSinister

Please add me to that list. Im from Ontario and am def willing to join in on that expedition. No surveying skills just was born in the forest pretty much. This would be awesome and def intriguing. Even if theres nothing out there, would still be some beautiful scenery.
PS. Im DEAD serious about this. If someone figures out how to get this expedition going PM me and we can work it out.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Nice one, if you have any information about the expedition, or who will want to make the expedition, let us know. Merry XMAS

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Star and flagged. Threads like this is why I visit ATS.

But we do far too much talking and not enough exploring. I'd love to put something together like we did "in the old days" where we'd hire in a ship, buy supplies and head on out to find out what lies beyond. There's quite a few places I'd love to check out. This place is one of them, Antarctica is another with the thought of a hollow earth opening.

Anyways, thanks for the thread. Enjoyed every sentence.

.Gov may disappear you...sometimes stories are concocted to cover secrets and I am sure they are keeping secrets about Antarctica!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I suggest checking out this lake in that area:

The shadow covering the lake looks a little off to me. No matching cloud and it doesn't seem to be caused by a ridgeline.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Also, someone posted an archive Palm Beach article from 1947 previously.

Going through that I found this interesting bit:

Vancouver Sun's "Headless Valley" Expedition comes across the remains of 3 US bomber planes in the Yukon....
The valley lies directly between Fort Liard and Watson Lake....

Article Link

Could be the makings of an interesting expedition!
edit on 23-12-2011 by AP-Chris because: spellin

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
one of my favourite threads for a long time. I'd love to pack up my bags tomorrow and go and set up in the nearest location and just go exploring. The whole idea of walking into the unknown and just being able to go somewhere that is almost unknown just blows my mind. The area looks beautiful as well. I am a great leader with heart of a lion but i don't actually have any particular skills which is a real shame. I could see myself spending 6 months or a year there. If anything ever happened then its a hell of a way to go out. When i think of a movie telling a story of a group of 20 people who got together from an internet forum and group together to explore one of the last few genuinely unknown areas of the world, with it all being documented and live feeds being watched by millions of users, it would just be the best movie ever, like blair witch times a million. So unknown you never know what could happen. I'd love to go out like that
it would probably be the greatest memory of life i would ever have to just explore around there
edit on 24-12-2011 by Equ1nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Not sure if someone has already posted this but.....you guys don't need to organize a "adventure" party. The job has already been done for you:

Trips down the Headless River

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
If somebody made a trip going into the area I would definitely be interested. I would be able to help bringing in radio equipment.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I live in Canada and also find this very interesting, when i entered the long. and lat. provided google was confused and I actually had to search Nahanni Valley Northwest Territories. I also find it very interesting that the valley has such thick cloud cover. Makes you wonder what might be hidden under there

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
IF, this is such a mysterious area of the World, why does Wiki have so much info about it??? What about the mysterrious "Visitor Center" at Fort Simpson. Anyway, why don't you get a "Team" together and go check it out. If you and your "Team" don't come back, we'll sent Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jessie Ventura to try and find you and your "Team." (or not)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just so everyone knows, you can not carry a rifle or other firearm in a Canadian National Park. So if you go you will not be able to use a rifle/shotgun against bears or cannibals. You can have bear bangers and flares though.

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.livinginthelightms.com...

First of all guys, did this "expedition" that you guys are planning really happen? And this link, is about a book that lists possible entrances to the hollow earth. this being one of them. So is it possible that this native tribe could be guarding something? and perhaps our government knows about it. which would explain the cloud covering that somebody pointed out on google earth earlier (i thought it was the steam from the geysers?). anyways i believe there is more than just a thick vegetated, unexplored region down their. But if anybody ends up going, let me know what you find. And to the above post, would you be allowed a machete or large knife in the park?

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ummm ya, I would go if we take a heli all the way there, cause walking in sub zero temps - not going to happen for me anyway.

I am surprised that no one has done this before.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mindseye21

Did anyone ever end up getting out there to explore headless valley? I'm up for doing an expedition out there in the summer of 2013 or maybe even 2014 would be a better a time, so there is time to plan and train for the conditions and what will be out there to deal with. If anyone is interested let me know and you can also contact me at [email protected]

ps: I am also serious about this

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hi guys! I am from Russia and VERY interested about this place in Canada. I think, we have some fake articles about Headless Valley in russian internet (or maybe they`re not fake). For example, there are some sentences about two big expeditions to Headless Valley: the one of Hank Mortimer (1978) and the big expedition of 1997. Both went missing. Is that true?? I have found _nothing_ about it in English!

It`s interesting for me to join probable expedition to the Valley.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Anyone seriously Interested email me at [email protected] Putting together a summer 2015 trip. Have done this before. Not just talk.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join