It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Valley Of The Headless Men - Nihanni Valley.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I wonder if there is Bigfoot up there?

What an interesting post. I find the idea of prehistoric creatures roaming forgotten and hard to reach wilderness around the globe to be an intriguing possibility. I've heard stories there had been sightings of a triceratops like creature in the Grampians (Victorian mountain range) by lost tourists, campers and hikers.

We even have our own "Bigfoot" although the native Aboriginals called them Yowies. The Aboriginal people tried to warn Captain Cook and his men when the Brits tried to kill them that they were the least of their problems and that should be more concerned about the hairy mountain men that came down every now and then to make war. The Aboriginals say they drove the "Yowies back up the mountains with their fire, spears, woomera and boomerangs. Despite their size, the Yowies had rudimentary weapons.

Sightings of Bigfoot like creatures or Yowies are mostly confined now to the Blue Mountains and other out of the way mountainous regions. In all the sightings of these creatures, not one has ended in tragedy (that we know of). In all cases the Yowie simply tried to scare the witness away by either throwing rocks, rushing them or roaring at them. These creatures are always said to be accompanied by a foul smell. (Interesting re the heated sulphur pools, perhaps where they bathe?)

In any case, something is up there to leave a trail of decapitated bodies and a man frozen by the fire. The frozen man springs to mind the terrible encounter at Dyatlov Pass where all the team members who were experienced skiiers died under mysterious circumstances.

www.aquiziam.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hello all,

Returning member here. This is my first post in a long time, and I'm happy to say that this thread brought my interest back after much dismay in the state of ATS over the past couple years.

Anyways, looking into this further on the way to work I found an interesting newsprint from 1947 from the Palm Beach Daily News regarding a Vancouver Sun expedition to the area. I haven't searched the Vancouver Sun site for this yet but it's worth reading, although it may cool down some of the excitement.

I don't think this should entirely put people off the topic as I don't know the full extent of the expedition, though it seems it was a brief visit and not that extensive. I find the use of the word "debunked" in the article a little audacious to claim given the vast history and legend around the subject.

Here is the link, let me all know what you think.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My phones resolution and the news clipping don't get along. I think this article was sourced however in a similar thread years ago on the headless valley. Yes this topic has been covered before on ATS, this thread however has really generated some intrest.
What's the gist of the article btw?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I....am a wuss. There. I said it. I am also of the opinion that some things should be well left alone

Just thinkin' - if it is possible for spy agencies to record peoples every movement via satellite, why can't this area be explored using heat seeking and infrared and whatnot FROM THE SAFETY OF A COMPUTER TERMINAL?
If something exciting was to be spotted, losing one's head would take on a whole new meaning!

Great thread, OP! Starred & Flagged!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gatto

You're not a wuss, you have a mind for self-preservation, just like myself. It would be nice to have a couple of RCMP helicopters with FLIR take a look-see in that valley.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Very interesting...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Canada.com info on the Nahanni Valley

Probably a waste of an ATS expedition I think...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Undertaker
reply to post by Thisbseth

I gave up being cold and miserable a year ago and moved to Maui. Still have a home in S.E. AK. for the SHTF scenario. The lure of the North is compelling and not without rewards and I have to admit this area has intrigued me for years. Driving across the Yukon and northern BC in the winter was amazing. Especially so was Liard Hotsprings in sub zero temps. Rolling in the snow and jumping back in the sulfuric hotsprings was very cool.

It's really hard to imagine just how beautiful and deadly this area of the world is. One slip, and you have to be airlifted out. Exposure can be an issue even in the summer, and for an extended trip with more than 5 people it will take multiple floatplanes full of gear. A logistical nightmare this trip is.

I just got home from Maui. I would love to move there but I hear it's hard for a Canadian to just move there. My wife and kids love it there. It is so beautiful and a nice break to the weather of Alberta. I wish I could move somewhere where there is no snow.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
It's amazing though to think that even with all the tech we do have to find these things. They are still popping up mostly unexplored. Gives you an Idea Of the Size of this Great Planet.
Great thread. Had never heard of this place before today.
Cheers

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I am defintiely down with this. I'm sure I have skills that could be offered. Systems Networking, Survival Escape Evasion Training....and I love hiking/adventures. Plus...I've done some panning in the mountains of Idaho. I should also add that I spent 2 years messing around in Iceland. This sounds like an awesome time!!
edit on 21-12-2011 by hotspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Very cool thread! What instantly comes to mind is that this is probably a prime sasquatch habitat. This might be their breeding place? If there is such a place, this place seems to be perfect for that. People messing around there would be attacked be the males who guard their young?

Well whatever, it´s very interesting. Im saving money to go to Canada!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phayte

Im totally in on this adventure
i would love to go explore this place, soinds interesting.
wonder whats up there

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Crazy stuff, I wasnt aware that there are still unexplored places left in our world.

Makes we want to go and explore it myself....how much is it for a plane ticket to Canada?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Ive lived in that area for the last 7 years... Never heard of it once.. Gonna have to call bull#. Dont get me wrong ive heard some weird things about the Nahanni park but nothing THAT extreme ever lol.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can actully see the beggining of the Nahanni mountain range as i drive into town. Plus ive worked at a charter company for the last two years with pilots who flew into the park daily and unless weather called for it there were no giant walls of mist.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
But if people here are serious about actully going in let me know. Ive got the Deh Cho connections

Plus the park is beautiful

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
H.P. Lovecraft perhaps?

Google him if you don't get it, his stories generally involved men venturing into places with sordid local legends of ancient evils.
Amen! I'm an avid reader of his short stories and stories that are like his, such as those by Algernon Blackwood, whose "The Wendigo" reminds me of this thread. My imagination would never permit me to go out exploring such a place. My complete lack of affinity for camping and my severe allergy to mosquito bites would also do me in before any cryptids could find me blundering around, frantically clawing at the five thousand mosquito bites I will surely get. I'm also the kind of woman who is always tripping and turning my ankle, which means in any horror film I'd be one of the first ones killed off by any lurking monsters or madmen.

So I send you brave souls my best wishes and look forward to reports from any successful explorations.

I must say I'm gratified to hear that these mysterious unexplored regions still exist, to capture the imaginations of new generations. I think Lovecraft and Blackwood would be pleased, too. I'm just glad such areas are a nice safe distance from my house!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by predator0187

The only thing it's missing is secret basses, aliens, and reptilians.....Or who knows maybe there are some of those around there as well.
This whole thing sounds like a mystery for scooby and the gang to solve. But if somebody brings the scooby snacks and points in the general direction, then count me in.

Oh, but there is an entrance to an underground alien base!
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There is definately something to this geography. Mountainous, geothermic,fresh water and isolation and different food sources. Perfect habitat for Sasquatch.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hololeap

Funny it mentions Fort Simpson. Thats where i live

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join