It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian study claims Turin Shroud is Christ's authentic burial robe

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I just got done watching this 2 hour doc on History channel.. if anyone has any doubts at all .. i sincerely watch the documentary if at all possible..

The you tube vid doesn't do the documentary any justice at all ..

some of the things that jumped out at me were ..

1). the blood markings on the shroud itself, namely the markings on the back, and the blood spot on the side
2) it's a 2D image embedded with 3D data..
3). the only way for the imagine to be there is ... that it was scanned.. because focused light would have just made a clear outline.. and a difused (?) light, like that of a light bulb would have been blurred out completely.. scanned... like that of a printer scanning a document ...

the last one shocked me.... (edit I think I found the entire documentry 6 parts in 1 )...

edit on 24-12-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I notice a lot of attacks on Christians for believing thibgs that are irrational, things with no evidence to support them. Shouldn't we look at the people who don't believe in the shroud?

A phenomenon exists, the shroud. No explanation exists for it, other than the supernatural. People continue to say there must be a natural explanation for it.

Scientists have studied it for decades with all the modern tools available, withou finding an explanation, yet some maintain it was done with the technology of 600 years ago. No one has been able to figure out what that technology may be, yet some still say there must be an explanation.

The level of faith in the irrational that someone must have to deny the shroud is amazing.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I notice a lot of attacks on Christians for believing things that are irrational, things with no evidence to support them. Shouldn't we look at the people who don't believe in the shroud?

A phenomenon exists, the shroud. No explanation exists for it, other than the supernatural. People continue to say there must be a natural explanation for it.

Scientists have studied it for decades with all the modern tools available, without finding an explanation, yet some maintain it was done with the technology of 600 years ago. No one has been able to figure out what that technology may be, yet some still say there must be an explanation.

The level of faith in the irrational that someone must have to deny the shroud is amazing.

Agreed~! The video is stirring to say the least~! Blessed are those that see and believe, but, more blessed are those that don't see and yet believe!!!

the Documentary says it all IMO..

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Listed for reference and for more available data on ATS. I'll link this thread to those as well.

Here is a semi-long thread on the shroud from 2010 started by RisingAgainst, so you know it's good (both in scope and in the opening posts by the OP): www.abovetopsecret.com...

A well-starred and long thread from 2011: www.abovetopsecret.com...

A 2013 thread on new dating research on the Shroud: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are more, just enter "Shroud of Turin" in the search engine.
edit on 29-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join