It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian study claims Turin Shroud is Christ's authentic burial robe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Just days before Christmas

Christ has nothing to do with Christmas? This article is a joke and the research is a farce. Forgive me for not taking anything Italian serious. Italy...home of the Vatican. *puke puke*

Catholics are insane people, coincidentally, they are also the people who will soak up this news like a spunge and to go even further, this kind of research is done with a TARGET GROUP(who they want to sell it to) in mind. But wait...if you thought that was all...I bet the research was done by some Vatican sponsored group of "scientists". They're only fooling themselves with this bull.

Thanks for the article, OP.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Just days before Christmas

Christ has nothing to do with Christmas? This article is a joke and the research is a farce. Forgive me for not taking anything Italian serious. Italy...home of the Vatican. *puke puke*

Catholics are insane people, coincidentally, they are also the people who will soak up this news like a spunge and to go even further, this kind of research is done with a TARGET GROUP(who they want to sell it to) in mind. But wait...if you thought that was all...I bet the research was done by some Vatican sponsored group of "scientists". They're only fooling themselves with this bull.

Thanks for the article, OP.

I'lll bet if these same scientists called it a hoax you would soak up this news.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal
Guess this means a Merry Christmas to Christians...the on-going debate over the shrouds authentification has been going on for sometime..I'm sure these claims will be refuted soon.

" Just days before Christmas, a new study has emerged that suggests that one of Christianity's most prized but mysterious relics – the Turin Shroud – is not a medieval forgery but could be the authentic burial robe of Christ. "

Source / Alternative source

Italian scientists have conducted a series of advanced experiments which, they claim, show that the marks on the shroud – purportedly left by the imprint of Christ's body – could not possibly have been faked with technology that was available in the medieval period.

The research will be an early Christmas present for shroud believers, but is likely to be greeted with scepticism by those who doubt that the sepia-coloured, 14ft-long cloth dates from Christ's crucifixion 2,000 years ago.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Daedal because: added pic

edit on 19-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added source

Very interesting, and it would be awesome if it were the ACTUAL Turin Shroud, although i'd seriously need to turn my life around and somehow turn straight if Jesus is proven to have existed

Then again, when they say "could not possibly have been faked with technology that was available in the medieval period." ... I get skeptical. We have already discerned that scientists have been very undermining of past civilisations' technological capabilities,such as with the pyramids, and the tools that would have been needed to construct them. Not to mention there was a post last week about an old site somewhere (if someone remember, please remind me) where the monoliths at the site were cut so perfectly that lots of areas where they joined, you wouldn't have been able to fit a razor into the joints.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Did I offend you princess?

Not a single piece of news that is connected to the Vatican, with the purpose to renew or add to their tax-free revenue, is trustworthy. It's completely unbelievable. Pure nonsense. Straight lunacy. Did I make myself clear now?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

So ignore the fact that if the scientists claimed the contrary, you would soak up the news. But since the scientists claim something you do not believe and you will falsely accuse them. Your hypocrisy is open for all to see.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I'm no girl, and I pity you when you die and know the truth.

The fact that I'm talking about is your hypocrisy. Comprehension much?
edit on 20-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The blood type on the face cloth is the same as on the shroud and in Eucharistic miracles over 2000 years.

Which proves....nothing im afraid. Other than two blood types match. Blood types are not like fingerprints , they are not unique. Try looking at it rationally.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I'm afraid rationale escapes religious minds at a certain point.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

There's no misinformation in the slightest. The "photo-shopped" image you are talking about is known as the photographic negative of the Shroud, and is commonly referred to in that way.

It is used because it shows a more accurate image of the body, etc... No one has ever claimed that that is how the shroud looks.

To clarify that more properly, the shroud itself is a photo-negative, whereas photo-negative images of the shroud produce the positive (and HIGHLY-detailed) images most are familiar with.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by colbe

The blood type on the face cloth is the same as on the shroud and in Eucharistic miracles over 2000 years.

Which proves....nothing im afraid. Other than two blood types match. Blood types are not like fingerprints , they are not unique. Try looking at it rationally.

You wish to deny the Shroud. It wouldn't matter what is shared to prove it is true. Can't give up though, Our Lord loves you Phoenix and wants you with Him one day...forever in Heaven.

What say you?

The blood markings on the face cloth (Sudarium of Oviedo) match the blood markings on the Shroud.

In the new report, the energy required can't be accomplished today, let alone 2000 years ago!

Several thousand billion VUV light source in our time vs 34 thousand billion VUV evidenced on the Shroud.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Have you seen the documentary on where a scientist, recreated what Jesus really looked like by using the shroud? He correctly used all the propotions and stuff, but since Jesus was badly beaten, the end result displayed a partially damaged image of Jesus. One with a likely broken nose and bruses. Very interesting.

As for authenticity, i am inclined to believe that it is real, for the reasons stated in the article

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Going through the videos on the shroud. You tube has taken down every legitiment study they use to have.
There were scientific studys, showing the 3-d image and how astro physics, could prove that what happened to
make the image on the shroud ? Must have been an event horizen. The whole universe was aware of this happening. Heres the best I could find for now.

Alright I guess it's still up if you use the right keywords.

Info

I'm afraid rationale escapes religious minds at a certain point.

You seem to be afraid of a bit more than misinformation.
edit on 21-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Afraid? Anything but afraid. I know the Vatican is peddling a false deity. I know the Vatican launders money for criminal organizations. I know the Vatican is caught up in pedophile cases worldwide. I know the Vatican gave the order for crusades and colonizations.

All this I know. So excuse me for taking this "research"(if one can call it that) from "scientists"(who believe the Earth is 6000 years old) with a universe-load of salt.

Catholics are free to believe whatever they want, however in most cases they do not choose themselves. Their faith needs a shroud to reinforce itself because it is fleeting and is prescribed to them by clueless men with agendas. They need "holy" items(such as nails, statues, candles, saints and whatnot) to reaffirm whatever thoughts of belief they have. In short: Their belief is of this world. Something that is warned against in the very same book they claim to be following.

Pshhh, afraid...more like well informed.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Alright so now you aren't afraid. As long as you make up my mind one way or the other.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
DNA from the shroud....clone Jesus...second coming?

Just a thought

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by randyvs

Afraid? Anything but afraid. I know the Vatican is peddling a false deity. I know the Vatican launders money for criminal organizations. I know the Vatican is caught up in pedophile cases worldwide. I know the Vatican gave the order for crusades and colonizations.

All this I know. So excuse me for taking this "research"(if one can call it that) from "scientists"(who believe the Earth is 6000 years old) with a universe-load of salt.

Catholics are free to believe whatever they want, however in most cases they do not choose themselves. Their faith needs a shroud to reinforce itself because it is fleeting and is prescribed to them by clueless men with agendas. They need "holy" items(such as nails, statues, candles, saints and whatnot) to reaffirm whatever thoughts of belief they have. In short: Their belief is of this world. Something that is warned against in the very same book they claim to be following.

Pshhh, afraid...more like well informed.

Yep that's correct. Look at the time of year. Xmas. What is Xmas? It's not Christian I can tell u that. It's a Paganistic and Druidic ritual day. Basically a Satanic ritual. And the Xmas tree is a phallic symbol used in their blood rituals. Bet people didn't know that!!

The Turin shroud is either a fake or it's someone else they picked up. Jesus does not and has never existed. It's all part of the Scam called Religion. The control tool for the Illuminated ones. I work in a Muslim country and it's worse for them. Islam is the most controlling religion, christianity following on. Muslims believe whole heartedly in Angels.

What? Are they stupid? But it's written in the Qur'an they cry out. Yep. Same as the bible. Full of silly stories and symbolism.

Maybe the news of the shroud is to bring back the people losing their faith?! The church is losing followers as more and more people are waking up to the scam!!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by stevcolx

Maybe the news of the shroud is to bring back the people losing their faith?! The church is losing followers as more and more people are waking up to the scam!!

Bingo.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hands up who's hoping another nutter rugby tackles the Pope again this Christmas?
Far more entertaining than some paid Catholics claiming a piece of cloth is ferrealz.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join