It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many miles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Just curious about this one. How many miles have you put on your current vehicle so far, and how long have you had it? What do you think the answers to those 2 questions say about you?

I have a 96 Olds Delta 88. I've had it since 98 when it had 101,000 miles on it. It was "touring" car when it was bought new. From Olkahoma to Arizona quite a bit. Since then I've put 141,000 miles on it and it still runs like a champ. A quarter million baby. I've taken it to Indiana twice and it was a "country" car for about 4 years, but most of the mileage has been city. I had the tranny rebuilt about 20,000 miles ago, and other then that there have been no major problems with this car. Other than new shocks and a paint job it doesn't need much of anything at all.

I guess what this says about me is that when I find something I like, I stick with it for a long time and take good care of it.

It aint much to look at at this point, but it still outperforms most other vehicles I know of. I guess I like to take care of the important things first, and if there's any money left over, I'll take care of the rest.

What say you?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have had my 93 grand cherokee for about 6 months. Put maybe 6k on it. It has 252xxx on it.
I buy em cheap, fix em, drive em, leave em.
I guess I like my cars like I like my women. ha!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Got a 1976 GMC Jimmy, on it's third tranny. The odometer is broken at 246,000.

Also have a 2000 Nissan Maxima with 200,000 and some change. It runs like a champ.

My opinion buy new Japanese and buy old American.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Very interesting question, because i do believe your car does say a lot about you. I have a 2006 Ford Mustang GT, bought new, and in the 5+ years I have owned it have put only 20,500 miles on it. I also own a 1994 Ford Ranger pickup truck with 210K on it. It's on it's second tranny, but runs well and doesn't burn oil. The power, which it never had alot of anyway, is not the same as it used to be.

Hmm, what does that say about me? I think, I work hard and when I get a chance I like to play hard too. I use the truck for all my around the town chores, hauling soil for my garden, brick and stone for the walkways I am building.

The Mustang I use for road trips and date nights with my girl. There is nothing like getting on the road to the Outer Banks with a 300HP, 4.6L V-8 S194 engine at your command. I love driving her on the back country highways.

So I guess in short, I'm practical and down to earth most of the time so I can let loose some of the time.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

So I guess in short, I'm practical and down to earth most of the time so I can let loose some of the time.

That's a good way to be man. Save the quality car for the quality woman.

Right on.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Thanks Man! I gotta ask about your screen name here...Bernie Taupin reference?

And the avatar, are you a musician?

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

This is a testament to the benefits of highway mileage....which is very good for an engine.

Stop and go driving is what kills your oil and subsequently your engine...

Your 96 Olds is a testament to this ....

new topics

top topics

join