It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need your HELP picking a tablet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Ok its all in the title. I have a price range of $200-250 maybe a bit higher.
Really my main use for it will be watching flash videos. I've never used android so does anyone know if i can play videobb, putlocker, videozer, etc?
When looking online i saw there were alot of chinese knock offs and i really dont want to waste my money on something that will stop working after a while.
Any one know of a good tablet? Be much apprechiated thanks

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Get the Amazon Kindle Fire, its selling faster the Ipads right now, and it has android(better) and can play any video in th browser or off

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123
Get the Amazon Kindle Fire, its selling faster the Ipads right now, and it has android(better) and can play any video in th browser or off

Yea i was looking at that but heard the silk browser was slow. And it didnt have a SDmemory clotso i was abit iffy . Do you have one?
edit on 19-12-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i've ordered a disgo 7000, earlier models have had good reviews, it runs android 2.3 so should do what you need, i wanted it for keeping pdf files on which is a free app. 32mb memory on micro sd card. and it costs£75. as i work on building sites there was no way i was going to spend a lot on a tablet

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i would recommend the toshiba thrive 8g are 299.99 it has full size usb and HDMI out so u can watch ur video on ur HD TV also i want one and i been researching them for a while now and it looks like the best option out there for the price imo

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

You say you're looking for something that plays flash... But you're being picky with a small price range.

Go with the Amazon Kindle Fire or look into the Nook Color.

My dad purchased a Cruz 8 inch tablet, don't know much about it but he says it's good (I wouldn't take his word on it), just do some research on it.

Also, check out Phandroid.com. They are giving away tablets, phones, and other goodies in a bundle package everyday until Christmas. We got a few days left, who knows, you might just get a blessing and you could donate the money to the homeless for Christmas or toys for tots.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I have a Galaxy Tab..

I got a rebate on it with my carrier and I don't have any complaints. Android is where it's at for tabs at the moment IMO.

Just don't bother with an Ipad or the Playbook. RIM is on it's way out and Apple's closed box concept gets really annoying. As well as the lack of flash.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Acer Iconia A100 or A500. Pure Android Honeycomb 3.2, no proprietary software changes by the manufacturer. Full Android market. Free upgrade by Acer to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) when it gets released.

My wife and I both had the Kindle Fire, and after the trouble we had, they have been returned. Slow browsing, poor loading times for books, games, etc. And the frequent lockups when accessing Amazon Prime content (video, tv shows, etc). We decided to return them. I tried out numerous tablets, before going with the Iconia by Acer. Works great, no issues at all so far, everything I want to do it does, and does so quickly. Ipad 2 was ok, but hate iTunes and all the lack of features compared to Iconia.

Got two of the A500's with additional 32gb SD Card's. Can watch movies/tv shows via built in HDMI connection to the big screen. Just really an all around better product in terms of usability for us.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by imtheweasel

Surprised I never heard of those tablets. Checking them out and they have some good specs and a nice decent price tag. Might get me one of those in the near future if I'm ever able to.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Computers can be a pain, both in general and to the pocketbook. My wife wants a Nook,

I would suggest the Blackberry Tab if you have a BB phone. I guess it syncs pretty well.

They are all pretty nice though. Amazon Fire is close to the best right now, it has Droid 'nuff said.

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

join