It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyber threats a prelude to censorship.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I seen this is already posted, but this just may be what the establishment needs to implement the strategy of the Pentagon regarding cyber threats.

Section 945 of the NDAA would allow the government to assume control of the internet if such a threat would be deemed a National Security threat, and IMO this is. Also it appears as a good way to seize control of the truth about Ron Paul, and subject us to their media lies.

As if there isn't enough speculation surrounding the Jan 3, 2012 elections, now Iowa officials have instructed precinct caucuses to use paper ballots as a backup system, and to prepare for a potential cyber attack against it's database from the hacker group Anonymous.

Source

Republican Party officials in Iowa are taking new steps to secure their vote counting systems after an anonymous threat suggested computer hackers could attempt to disrupt next month's presidential nominating caucuses.

A video uploaded to YouTube features a computer-generated voice denouncing a corrupt political system and calls on supporters to "peacefully shut down" the Jan. 3 caucuses.

Section 954 of the NDAA, entitled "Military Activities in Cyberspace:

Source

Congress affirms that the Department of Defense has the capability, and upon direction by the President may conduct offensive operations in cyberspace to defend our Nation, Allies and interests subject to (1) the policy principles and legal regimes that the Department follows for kinetic capabilities, including the law of armed conflict; and (2) the War Powers Resolution."

Related Materials

Pentagon releases strategy for cyber space

NDAA bill aims to suppress internet freedom

Attorney General to begin ' thorough ' review of state voting laws

NAACP calls on UN to intervene in US elections

Tea party fears U.N. intervention 2012 election

edit on 19-12-2011 by Daedal because: Edit

edit on 19-12-2011 by Daedal because: Grammar

edit on 19-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added source

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I kinda got a bit sick after reading the title, because the first thing I thought was that they are trying to find a reason to negate Ron Paul's win. I hope that this is not the case, but they are planting the seeds of doubt. The MSM could come on and say that there was no way Dr. Paul could have won, therefore they must have been hacked.

Or they might just say, we got hacked, therefore all votes are null-and-void. If there is any chance of this happening, hopefully there would be a FAIR and unbiased system in place to PROVE this to be the case.
I hope I am overreacting.

I would not put it past Anon trying to "hack" the machines at this event, but honestly, from what I have been seeing as of late from Anon, I don't think they have the capability to really pull this off. I just can't help but think they have lost some of their main, experienced core. I could be wrong, I will admit, but that is an idea I have been toying with.

I suppose we will see, but I have been expecting something "dirty" in the upcoming elections. Even more-so than usual. Maybe even surpassing Bush's blatant election fraud when he lost to Gore.

join