It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bangladeshi woman fingers cut off by husband for learning.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A Bangladeshi woman had her fingers cut off allegedly by her husband for signing up for a college course.

See Story

www.bbc.co.uk...

if it is true, this is horrific, how can we allow these persecutions cannot go on, equality needs to be obtained for peace to be achieved.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Maybe the U.S. should lend the girl a hand.

The guy really gave us the finger when it came to edgucation.

I gotta say thumbs down on that...

All puns intended

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Im glad i wasnt born in that part of the world. I would have returned the favour and cut/bit off one of his appendages.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by browsey
A Bangladeshi woman had her fingers cut off allegedly by her husband for signing up for a college course.

See Story

www.bbc.co.uk...

if it is true, this is horrific, how can we allow these persecutions cannot go on, equality needs to be obtained for peace to be achieved.

How can we allow these persecutions..... well, I agree
Nearly 20% of women in the US are raped, study reveals,

Unfortunately, persecution of women is everywhere, not just in that part of the world

edit on 19-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Where were you born ??
In the U.S ? If so, be careful not to get raped

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by browsey

how can we allow these persecutions cannot go on, equality needs to be obtained for peace to be achieved.

I entirely agree with horror of this occurence, but I disagree that we allow these things to go on. I personally had nothing to do with it, and if it ever happened to anyone close to me, I would make fish bait out of the perpetrator.

We can't cure everyone's problems, they need to cure their own at some point. This woman could kill her husband. Her fathers, brothers, girlfriends could unite and kill the husband or protest and change the society.

We can't go and change a culture with our missiles and bombs. They have to change it themselves. I don't feel the least bit responsible for the folks letting this happen. I know with certainty that it couldn't happen within any of my direct or indirect circles, and that is the extent of my influence.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Normally I would disapprove of that, in this case you would have my blessing, if needed of course.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by browsey

And this is where we see human stupidity at its finest. This is pathetic.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
How "sorry" do you have to be as a person to do something like this, especially for that reason? I don't care what your religion is, there comes a point where human decency should kick in, and for people like this it obviously does not.

They are the scum of the earth, and are right up there with crooked politicians who kill thousands while making millions. They are at least no better. It just pisses me off so much that there is a religion that preaches peace, but used to keep women dumb and 10 feet behind the men.

Women get to choose men in and civilized country, because many of them are NOT worth being with. In these rat-holes the men, who aren't really good enough to get ANY women, simply TAKE a woman, saying it is their "right." I mean WOW...

He cuts off her fingers because he is probably afraid that she will become intelligent enough to murder him in his sleep, and make it look like an accident or natural death. Really they just want to keep women uneducated so they can retain their POWER. That is all it is, and it says a whole lot about the character of these men, as well as their society, religion, upbringing, morals, et-cetera.

I am a peaceful person, but these are the people I would love to spend a little time with in a small, windowless room, with a utensil of my choice. The only way justice could be done in cases like this is to tie the man up and let the affected woman CHOOSE what to do to him. But the "right" thing to do would be to NOT retaliate, but it is difficult to think that way sometimes.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Many people do not kill in retaliation. And I don't endorse that, but unfortunately that leaves the light side as silent witnesses to the crimes enduring wounds. Of course true self defense or of another is a different story. Trying to infuse love endlessly in endless Groundhog Day cycles until people grow up one by one and try to nudge their families free. Because we have our voices not our army. It seems that is what its all about. But an eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That husband isn't very bright! How does he expect her to make him sandwiches or do the dishes now?
edit on 19-12-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Related

Pakistani man chops off wife's nose, lips
AFP
Monday, Dec 19, 2011

news.asiaone.com/News/Latest%2BNews/Asia/Story/A1Story20111219-317135.html

ISLAMABAD - A Pakistani man chopped off his teenage wife's nose and lips in a furious marital row allegedly over the amount of time she spent with her parents, officials said Monday.

The horrifying case underscores the brutal violence suffered by some women in Pakistan, where a domestic violence bill lapsed in 2009 after being held up in the Senate due to objections from religious parties.

Ghulam Qadir, 22, who is understood to have had a turbulent relationship with 18-year-old Salma, hacked into her face with a knife on Saturday in the remote village of Karkana, 475 kilometres (300 miles) southwest of Islamabad.

"Qadir chopped off the nose and lips of wife Salma on Saturday morning and fled," said Nadir Khan, an administration official in Musa Khel district, part of violence-torn Baluchistan province, which borders Afghanistan and Iran.

"They often had quarrels as the girl used to spend more time with her parents," said Khan. The couple have been married for about a year.

(...)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A woman going to university here went "home" (pakistan?) to her husband and he blinded her with acid for her troubles.

Acid throwing, finger cutting off, hand chopping, nose cut off, and other fabulous mutilations. Oh, if we extend out to another group, there is the ubiquitious "kitchen fire" that kills women.

Being someone's property - it's CLEARLY the best choice.
edit on 2011/12/19 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9

Where were you born ??
In the U.S ? If so, be careful not to get raped

The threat made flesh.

Subordinate, and maybe we won't rape you (or at least, we won't keep statistics on it).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The woman should get a friend to get her husband drunk and nail his testicles to a tree, super glue a raiser blade to his thumb and remove his 8 fingers by tying string tightly around them at the knuckles. Suicide or Castration, his choice. The things the Russian mafia does would be quite nice in this instance...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by eywadevotee
The woman should get a friend to get her husband drunk and nail his testicles to a tree, super glue a raiser blade to his thumb and remove his 8 fingers by tying string tightly around them at the knuckles. Suicide or Castration, his choice. The things the Russian mafia does would be quite nice in this instance...

I believe they have provision of this type already in their legal system. Provided that it isn't found that he was somehow provoked into this by his chattel.

new topics

top topics

join