It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lt Sheriffs Deputy caught trying to have sex with a child

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I must admit, this show has likely done more to protect kids and scare would-be evildoers than any other show on air. I've watched them bust evrything from high paid engineers, doctors and now lawmen. What a shame.

MOD NOTE:
Please read: Posting Video Links

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

edit on December 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Your link doesn't work
This doesn't surprise me , pedophiles do have all sorts of professions. Just because they are law enforcement doesn't make them any different . They can be found in the churches, boy scouts , sport coaches , government , could be anyone .

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I hate it when people can't embed videos.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

ETA Link fixed, so I removed mine.

Sad, nasty and repugnant. Child grooming plain and simple. May he receive the justice he deserves for his attempted act.

As to the entrapment thing, in cases like these I applaud it. Put differently, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. Fiddle with kids and you can expect a mob mentality, at least from the parents.

edit on 19/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

EDIT: Arh, beaten by LightSpeedDriver, I guess he lives up to his nick!

edit on 2011/12/19 by TrappedSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this.

Now, get ready for the ones who are going to say that this show is contributing to witch hunt mentality.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I always like watching to catch a predator..
One thing that has me puzzled though..
At 4:20 in the video, Chris Hansen asks the guy "How long have you been in law enforcement?" to which the guy answers.. "just a year now"

Why is this guy a lieutenant after "just a year now"?

Perhaps this goes a long way toward explaining the unprofessional behavior of some of our police..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Thanks for posting this.

Now, get ready for the ones who are going to say that this show is contributing to witch hunt mentality.

This show is contributing to a witch hunt mentality.

Actually, I don't like the show, because it is entrapment. How many of these guys would actually go out and commit a crime if they weren't baited into it? I mean, if someone runs across something on the internet that looks too good to be true, curiousity might get the best of them. In all likelihood, the majority of these guys are not dangerous to anybody. (LEO is a different story. He is dangerous, because he has access, perceived power, and ample opportunity to get away with stuff. This guy is a clear problem that needs dealt with.)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Many would do this without being "baited" as you implied.

These officers are posting on dating sites and other forums where these types of people can easily find prey. It's disturbing how many of these people they are able to catch in just one day. Imagine if they were doing these stings 365.

One thing about these types of perpetrators is that they have huge egos and don't believe that they'll be caught. While a small percentage of these perps think that they're not doing anything wrong to begin with. Scary.

top topics

join