It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was NATO Present for Gadaffi Execution? [Video Indicates Yes]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, this is definitely worth looking into. You can clearly see what appears to be a NATO soldier during footage of Gadaffi being captured. This does not mean this soldier was present when he died, but it does implicate NATO being in the General area. I haven't heard of this before today.

This might confirm Putin's claims:

Putin accuses US of role in Gaddafi death

If anyone can confirm the nationality of the man in that uniform please share. I'm not vouching for this video's authenticity so if it appears to be hoaxed please point out that it's a fake, I won't get offended.

I was under the impression that NATO was nowhere near the scene when Gadaffi was killed.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Can you please explain what exactly makes this man a NATO soldier? I see nothing in that video to indicate that NATO had anything to do with the death of Gaddafi.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wow, Ive never seen that footage before, but I would have to say that I dont see any UN markings at all, yes the helmet does resemble a UN helmet, but I thought most UN helmets were painted blue, I dont know i could be wrong. Sucks to be that guy, even if it wasnt gadaffi

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Posted twice, sorry
edit on 19-12-2011 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Basilisk

Nothing officially makes this man a NATO soldier. Perhaps you missed the whole OP.

First off the title had a question mark, that right there should be an indication that we're not sure who it is. The person who uploaded the video claims this to be a NATO soldier. I even requested help from other members to help identify this soldier which should also be a clear indicator that we're unsure who it is.

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
That's British Special Forces.

There are more than one if you look closely. Someone's going to have some explaining to do.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I actually read the OP... I simply wanted to know what sparked your interest in this man and what made you think that he could possibly be a NATO soldier. The helmet and vest prove nothing to me. Those items are commonly seen on reporters in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

OUCH!

This is intriguing to say the least...could be something big or not...I've got a hunch that says there is something to it. In all those Libya videos posted over the course of months I'd not seen the "rebels" with equipment like that.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Question: When I was stationed in the UK I bought a Swedish military field coat at a military surplus store. Does that mean while I'm wearing that coat I'm a representative of the Swedish military?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4Thought

How do you know the people are from the British military?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

I haven't seen this yet either. That person did look out of place and had the posture of a soldier versus a reporter. It would be nice to see some more angles of the footage from that day.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Exactly... Looks like a PASGT helmet to me, and you can find that exact helmet in surplus stores and on Ebay. Numerous countries across the world use them.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Kinda pointless claim without some further or better evidence. That's a very generic military setup the guy is wearing. That helmet is very common, cant ID the vests etc. and there's no patches, name tags or any writing or anything to positively ID this guy.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Due to the lack of identifiers, my guess is he might be a hired mercenary.

His body posture and size makes him unlikely to be a reporter, but it's possible.

new topics

top topics

join