Originally posted by jimmyx
Originally posted by mugger
Obama tripled the deficit in under one term.
Started an illegal war in Libya.
Has yet to pass a budget.
I think I recall that Obama has golfed more than any other POTUS.
Divided and polarized the country more than it was.
Bailed out Banks and other private institutions like GM.
Bailed out foreign banks.
why aren't the republicans helping Obama to punish the investment houses and/or people that did this to america?
why aren't the republicans helping Obama to set up the agency that will protect consumers?
why aren't the republicans helping Obama set up medical coverage for the poor?
why aren't the republicans passing legislation to bring back jobs to America?
why aren't the republicans passing legislation to insure we have clean drinking water from the large natural gas companies "fraking" procedures?
why aren't the republicans passing legislation to help the bottom 95%?
because they don't give a damn
edit on 20-12-2011 by jimmyx because: spelling
ok, I will play.....
1. this function falls to the SEC, so why is the SEC not investigating and prosecuting, or why is Eric Holder not investigating?
2. Consumer protection is NOT a federal government function, even still there is the FTC or federal trade commission. You could always use this noel
idea called personal responsibility and think "buyer beware"
3. medical coverage for the poor eh? Well, even before the healthcare bill was bribed through congress, there is this thing called MEDICAID!!! oh,
and the local county health department. Plus the hospitals can not refuse treatment because of an inability to pay, so get off this argument, poor
people could still get healthcare before obamacare was passed, speaking of which, hows that obamacare law working out thus far?
4. Well, first to have to identify the reasons firms take jobs overseas. This happens primarily to reduce the corporate income tax burden and payroll
taxes America has the highest cost for doing business, BEFORE you add in the wages of the employees. So, if you were to reduce the corporate income
tax rates, which most repubicans want , or at least say they want, would help in this regard. Raises these taxes as per Obamas ideas will only hurt
5. clean drinking water falls to the EPA, so why is the EPA not doing one of the primary functions?
6. Helping the bottom 95% begins with making more growth possible within the economy. That starts by lowering taxes that impact employers, it does not
end there by no means, but more regulation within the economy and higher taxes do not help, and most republicans want to decrease these growth
Now, this is not a ringing endorsement of the republican party, but, one must look at the cause and effect. on the flip side, taxing at even higher
rates impacts the employers, then you add in all the federal fees, such as the carbon fees the EPA is now putting on airlines, trying to tax jet
manufactures even higher etc ya know, all the things the dems and liberals embrace does nothing but take more money from the economy and puts it in
the governments back pocket,
Adding more government by adding new laws and more departments does nothing but suck more money from all our pockets and cause government to become
even less efficient then it allready is. What we need is to trim the government we already have, streamline it, make it more efficient.
on 20-12-2011 by SM2 because: spelling
edit on 20-12-2011 by SM2 because: (no reason given)