It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
lifetime after lifetime. . .

For over a decade Alex Collier, a popular extraterrestrial contactee, has dazzled conspiracy theorists with his stories of intergalactic diplomacy. In his infamous 1994 interview with Rick Keefe, Collier popularized the above quote. Collier attributes the words to Vissaeus, one of his extraterrestrial mentors from the constellation of Andromeda. Recent observations by Bard of Ely suggest the piece was coined over a century ago by poet and philosopher Ralph Waldo Emmerson.

The quote is: "The love that you withhold is the pain that you carry." Google it and you will find loads of references confirming that Emerson said this. However, in an interview Collier gave to Rick Keefe for his UFO Hypotheses project, he claims it was the most important memory he had of his meetings with his alien friend.

Skeptics may consider this yet another blow to his already tarnished credibility, in light of his
numerous failed predictions. Personally, I'm inclined to give him the one about 9/11.

To conclude, I'm reminded of something Alex mentioned in a 1996 conference.

"The question was, 'How can we help ourselves'? I have asked that—and Morenay—all he has said is, 'The information and wisdom already exists on your planet.'"

SOURCE

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LessThanLethal

I truly believe the quote, no matter the source. I think the difficulty lies in how to overcome the pain in order to be able to show love again.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Wow, I had never seen any of his videos. Now I'm very intrigued and will be watching them all evening probably. Thanks for the thread.

edit on 19-12-2011 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm not inclined to give Alex any credit for anything. However, this is a great quote. The idea that the pain you carry is the love that you refuse to show is a true idea. It's hard to love people that torture you, but once you get there, you get to get over it and sleep at night. Love really is the antidote to suffering. A certain one liked to call it non-attachment, but you could just as easily call it unconditional love.
edit on 21-1-2012 by Snowcrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Excellent quote, and this is the first i've heard of it. From the research i've done on psychology this quote is beyond valid. As a strange connection - The area of the brain that actively feels pain is also the same area that feels loneliness. There's a lot of good information on this connection based on research done on inmates in solitary confinement.

top topics

join