It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr David Kelly inquest ruling challenge fails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Dr David Kelly inquest ruling challenge fails

www.bbc.co.uk

A bid to bring a High Court challenge over the attorney general's refusal to give his consent for a new inquest into the death of Dr David Kelly has failed.

Government scientist Dr Kelly was found dead in July 2003 aged 59 after he was exposed as the source of a BBC story about Iraq intelligence.

Campaigners had sought a judicial review of the decision.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Another blatant coverup by TPTB.

He was one of the few insiders willing to expose the lies that led to the Iraq war and he was found dead. The circumstances were beyond suspicious but they ruled it a suicide.

I personally don't believe it was suicide and the fact that the request for an inquest was denied only strengthens my beliefs in this matter.

All these inquests and commissions are a waste of time anyways since they're usually overseen by the people who we are trying to expose.

Thankfully the good people of the UK are not going to let this go away quietly.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 19-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If we allow this, what else will we allow them to do?

We're just a step away from government sponsored assassinations if we don't stop this.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The attorney general has proven himself to be a corrupt individual. Maybe once this escalates they will have no choice but to use him as a scapegoat.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Release operation mason

That is all

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikehawk

In my opinion this was a government sponsored assassination.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
AT TWO THIRTY THAT THURSDAY AFTERNOON, Detective Chief Inspector Alan Young sat down in his office in Thames Valley Police Headquarters in Kidlington, Oxfordshire, and began to create a highly restricted file on his secure computer...Across the top of his screen Young typed a code name: Operation Mason. Beneath it he added: Not for Release. Police Operational Information. Below that he added figures 14:30 and 17.07.2003. They indicated that the file had been opened on Thursday, July 2003....In the tangled web beginning to ensnare the scientist was a concern that a middle grade civil servant could do even more damage to the government. On that Thursday morning, the question had been asked over the secure line in Whitehall: What else could Kelly do-would he do?
At some point the decision had been taken to launch operation mason. Who gave the order would remain secret, just as would the contents of the file that detective chief inspector Young had opened to comment the police investigation "into the circumstances surrounding Dr. Kelly's Death." Most remarkable was that Young had been asked to start his file an hour before Dr. Kelly had set out on his walk

excerpt from Gordon Thomas Inside British intelligence: 100 years of Mi5&Mi6

Good book

edit on 19-12-2011 by Pockets because: Bold!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

When are people going to realise these people consider themselves above the law. Well of they are above the law then so are we!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Operation mason is the key

I've put in FOI requests and been denied for many reasons

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Do you send these requests via e-mail?

I'm not doubting you, it's just I'm curious as to what kind of correspondence you've had with the applicable organizations. I'm in Canada and the process is very tedious to get any information from our government. I hope it's less troublesome in the UK.

We can write a letter to our MP, and if we're lucky we get a generic canned response. I have heard of a few people getting a proper response, but only because they used threats of high profile associates.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Quite right.

Another Inquest / Review (etc) into the suicide of David Kelly would just waste more money. The facts are indisputable, although the conspiracy theorists will doubtless never believe that Kelly committed suicide. Pandering to the whims of a few people who do not want to believe that Kelly committed suicide is just pointless and it is appropriate to bring it to an end in this way.

www.attorneygeneral.gov.uk...

But in the interest of balance, here’s the website of Halpin, the man calling for the Judicial Review.

dhalpin.infoaction.org.uk...

Note that Halpin was not a Pathologist. You can work out his drivers from his website.

Regards

edit on 19/12/2011 by paraphi because: corrected link

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yeah, I did it by email, been looking through my old posts for the response, but I'm busy....I'll sort it out.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mikehawk
If we allow this, what else will we allow them to do?

We're just a step away from government sponsored assassinations if we don't stop this.

If this wasnt a government sponsored assassination..what was it then !!.
This was covered up from BEFORE it even happened.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

This is the response I had

Thank you for your request for information dated 24/01/2010 which for clarity I repeat below.

I would like to Request a file By Detective Chief Inspector Alan Young titled Operation Mason. I would like a hard copy please.

Your request for information has now been considered on the assumption that all material contained within the file is requested.

The cost of providing you with the information is above the amount to which we are legally required to respond i.e. the cost of locating and retrieving the information exceeds the “appropriate level” as stated in the Freedom of Information (Fees and Appropriate Limit) Regulations 2004. It is estimated that it would cost more than £450 to comply with your request.

Section 12(1) of the Freedom of Information Act allows that public authorities do not have to comply with section 1(1) of the Act if the cost of complying would exceed the “appropriate limit”. It is Thames Valley Police’s general policy to reject but cases will be assessed individually to consider the implications.

In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, this letter acts as a Refusal Notice for your request.

We have considered, in accordance with section 16 of the Act, whether we could assist you by providing an indication of what material could be provided within the appropriate limit. However, given the volume of material, and the difficulty in ascertaining on whose behalf we hold it, we do not believe that would be feasible in this case. We would also regard it as inappropriate given the likely application of the number of exemptions.

We have refused this request because we are not obliged to comply under section 12(1); we would say that on a preliminary consideration, we believe that much of the material you seek is likely to be subject to the exemptions provided for by one or more of the following sections of the Act: s.21, s.30, s.31, s.38, s.40, s.41, s.44.

Following the public enquiry Lord Hutton did allow certain information to be made available to the public, and you may find this helpful and fulfil your requirements. To assist you in this matter I have provided the following web link.

www.the-hutton-inquiry.org.uk

Please contact me quoting the above reference number is you wish to discuss this matter further and may I take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in Thames Valley Police.

Yours sincerely,

Malcolm Hopgood | Freedom of Information Officer

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Thanks for taking the time to look that up and share it with us

Those documents don't come cheap either, of course they got some lame excuse not to provide you with them, us peasants are powerless.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I had an MP willing to pay the fee's at the time if they tried to stick me with a massive bill, it's not the money, it's the fact this would blow the whole thing apart

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

If you think it's unfair then you should escalate it to the independent Information Commissioner who will be able to make an assessment as to whether the rejection was legitimate.

However, basing a question on a book which is often considered to be a work of ficton is interesting. You may get better milage if you asked the book's author Gordon Thomas to disclose his sources. My understanding is that the book is rather free and easy with the narrative, but less forthcoming with the evidence.

Regards

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

A most intriguing contention, and my thanks for your reference to
Gordon Thomas' book! It's definitely on my must-snag list...

Dr. Kelly will be much more than not forgotten, his murderers
were covering up for the biggest pretext yet: the "Coalition of the
Willing" to warm 'em up again. We cannot let this ugly path be
our permanent direction.. it leads to more than disaster.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I am not surprised what so ever that they have ruled against this challenge.

The death of Dr Kelly has been a cover up from the start.

One thing is for sure we the public will never know what was behind his death, suicide or not.

At least he expossed the Government at the time for their lies over the Iraq War.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Well I'd give you the evidence for his claim if I had the book, but alas I lent it to a friend...when he's finished I'll have a look through and find it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join