It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Have Christmas. Heaven Can Be Found . A poem about Him for Us . [D&R]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I thought I would try to put a poem together for Christmas. This is what I came up with . I call it ,
" Heaven Can Be Found "

I know a man greater than any king who chose to be a slave.

A man that never stole a thing, who gave and gave and gave.

He healed the sick and raised the dead, He fed the hungry too.

He lived and died to save us all and I know His words are true.

Still they crucified him upon a cross, thinking that was where He would stay.

They were wrong, Dear Lord of mine, for you live in me each day.

Yes I am glad that you died for me, as strange as it may sound.

For the chains of Hell are forever lost and Heaven Can Be Found.
edit on 19-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

edit on 19-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/12/11 by masqua because: Title edit by author request

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I dont know why.....but you sir have brought a tear to my eye

thankyou for this poem

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Awesome poem! Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Speakerofthetruth

I hope it's a tear of happieness and or joy.. To me for something so important to get such little attention, it's sad. I am going to thread maybe soon on the subject of how many Christmas's do you think we have left. Thanks for your post and take care.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

it sure is a tear of happiness and joy....Sadly people cant Dump **** on this thread so they wont post....80% of site is made of trolls.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Speakerofthetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Loved it! thanks for sharing it!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I want to thank everyone that already has replied and thanked me for the poem. Not trying to be trite but it's nice to be able to have something that people can thank you for. Thanks again to everyone and lets hope this isn't our last Christmas. Peace..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OP: loved the poem. Christmas is in the heart and the heart will go on, like the song, regardless of what happens in the year. Thank you for inspiring and reminding and giving a pause and reflect moment. Merry Christmas!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Thank you too Luxor. You know everyday can be and should be a story of Christmas in our hearts. I enjoy writing and if I ever had to write fiction I would have a dry pen

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Thank you very much. Once again I thought it was a fitting poem for our Christmas. I have to say again with the way things are going , I wonder how many Christmas's we have left..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

Thank you for the kind post. I posted in your thread "Gone but not forgotten" Thats a great thread. You know this is the first time in my life that Christmas seemed do far away and yet its just a couple of days away. I guess things have to run their course to finally be over and done with.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hello Cherub Baby.
I thought I would drop you a short , direct reminder that today is Christmas Eve and you know what that means. Its the celebration of Our Saviours Birthday. I know your have posts to reply to and threads to get started and all that kinda stuff.

Thats all fine and dandy , just take a lil' bit o time to remember why your here and why you won't be here forever.
Can you tell me why?
"Um yeah" Why? "Um cause God made me and God wants me."
Thats right Cherub Baby so Rejoice and Spread Good Tidings while you spread your threads. Then try a Little Joy while you post to the Boys ... Later Cherub, I got Threads to start and Posts to reply to, Cya !!

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
CherubBaby..Thank you so much for the beautiful poem.. Hope makes us hold on when we could let go. But the truth is, some bit of hope is within our reach as long as there is breath..
Christmas is the time where everyone gets together and remembers the birth of Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world. He is the Reason for the Season
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Beautiful poem!

Thank you so much!

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wheelzoffire

You are more than welcome. I felt that it was a good poem for the Holidays and a reminder why we have Christmas in the first place. Thanks again.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I want to thank you also for your thanks and reply. Please remember in these times that the days are evil . Evil but numbered. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I thought I would give this another chance since it's that time of year and wish you all a Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Short, simple and direct. You hit the nail on the head and I loved it.

I believe that many may be scared to post on Christian threads because they are afraid of what others may reply with.
I thank you for starting this thread. It makes me proud to see that there are still some "Christians" who are not ashamed of our Lord and Savior.
Quad
edit on 24-12-2012 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

I want to thank you .. I have not been on in a few days and would have replied sooner.. I hope we have a few more cause it's looking pretty bad. In any event I hope you and and as many people as possible had some peace and continue to find something of quality in this Holiday Season..

top topics

join