It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Polling System Threatened By Hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Source

Republican Party officials in Iowa are taking new steps to secure their vote counting systems after an anonymous threat suggested computer hackers could attempt to disrupt next month's presidential nominating caucuses.

A video uploaded to YouTube features a computer-generated voice denouncing a corrupt political system and calls on supporters to "peacefully shut down" the Jan. 3 caucuses.

The video claims to be from Anonymous, a loosely organized group of hackers who have successfully conducted past computer attacks. Investigators aren't sure whether the video is authentic, but party officials have instructed precinct caucuses to use paper ballots as a backup system and taken other steps to protect the database and website that displays caucus results.

So what do you think? Yes I know its Fox news, but that kind of makes it a little more interesting.

Heres my issue, if this is "Annon" doing this, then they are doing exactly what I always said they were doing and making excuses for TPTB to facilitate all the little plans they have down to the letter...

Can you imagine? If Paul won this , and it got out that the polls were tampered with? Whoever left this message would have effectively sank his campaign and any chance he had of winning, and effectively shut down the hope we had for some constitutional change in this country....

On the other hand, Could this be a ploy by TPTB? Could this "annonymous hacker" be their contengiency plan if Paul pulls through and brings down the house in Iowa?

I do have to say, this does have the earmarks of Anon, but also wouldnt put it past government officials either......

What say you ATS?
edit on 19-12-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
when i saw your thread title the first thought i had was 'oh no, this is TPTB's contingency plan when paul wins the caucas.'

but i like your other ideas, too. it's hard to understand why anon would want to mess up one of paul's shots at legitimacy.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

join