It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve biggest US lies of 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

1. “The war in Iraq is finally over after nine years.”

Rothkopf notes the US has been militarily engaged in Iraq since the early 1990 and this will likely be just the end of another installment in the long running series of US warmongering policies in the region.

2. “America's mission in Iraq was a success.”

He expresses astonishment at such a claim while Iraq is divided, undemocratic, corrupt, and the US invasion has cost USD1 trillion, thousands of US lives, hundreds of thousands of Iraqi lives, and its national reputation. US war in Iraq bears greater semblance to a full-scale “fiasco”, he says.

3. “We are winning in Afghanistan.”

Rothkopf describes this one as a hot from the oven “howler” by the US Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta. Washington has strengthened the region's extremists and the threat of instability in nuclear Pakistan is now actually higher than it was when US went in, he says.

4. Tie: “Pakistan is America's ally” and “Afghanistan is America's partner.”

Neither Pakistan nor Afghanistan can by any “credible definition” be called a US ally. This is attested to by the animosity of Islamabad towards Washington and Kabul's belittling of the US on the world stage, Rothkopf says.

5. “America is unthreatened by China's growth.”

A “prayer” by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Rothkopf says. “It should be true. But it's not,” he adds.

6. Tie: “Republicans are the problem” and “Democrats are the problem.”

Rothkopf dubs this one as “the great lie of American politics.” He says the problem with US politics is not the parties, but the money. “The system is so resolutely corrupt that recent scandals have only resulted in more money flowing into the system and past reforms being undone,” he notes.

7. “Cutting the taxes of millionaires helps create US jobs.”

There is not even one single solitary shred of evidence to support this “idiotic” suggestion, Rothkopf notes.

8. “This next summit of European leaders will be decisive …”

Rothkopf says despite the fact that this claim has been made every few weeks for the past months, the “supposedly sophisticated financial markets” of the United States continue to fall for it.

9. “The Obama administration is committed to serious financial services reform.”

The US financial system is still plagued by all the threats that instigated the 2008 recession. “Not an inch of progress,” Rothkopf says.

10. “Only nine percent of Americans approve of Congress.”

“This can't possibly be true. There can't possibly be that many,” Rothkopf says in a stinging sarcastic tone.

11. “The operation in Libya will be over in a matter of days or weeks.”

Rothkopf says the operation was wrong to begin with, “and then wrong and then wrong again for months.”

12. “I love Israel.”

Even though everyone in US politics makes such an assertion, nobody really means it, Rothkopf notes. What the politicians really mean, however, is that “I want American Jews to think I love Israel enough to vote for me and give me money,” he says.

Twelve biggest US lies of 2011

It is how US looks like from outside.

What does it look like from inside ?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to [url= by hmdphantom[/url]

Your source is .ir aka Iran. So this is how the US is seen by Iran not the "outside". I love some of the headlines from your source. This is a good peek into Iranian state run media.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Interesting, I don't live in Iran. I have never been to Iran. I have never been to the Middle East. I live in America and I think for the most part the OP is fairly accurate in many respects

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Let's see who the author is...

David J. Rothkopf :

He is also a visiting scholar at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, where he has written Running the World: The Inside Story of the National Security Council and the Architects of American Power (2005), a behind-the-scenes history of how foreign policy is made in the White House, and Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making.

The guy is total ``elite``... funny that he tells the truth this time.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I think we should look at his pocket to judge him he is elite or not.

BTW , can you tell me how do you expose an elitist ?

Thank you for replying.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

Well here's one of his articles :
Land of the free, home of the stupid...

America has been suffering an outbreak of especially virulent and acute stupidity recently. It has been particularly manifest at town hall meetings devoted to "discussions" of health care reform in which incensed Republicans scream at the top of their lungs about provisions that are not actually in any of the legislation under consideration -- for example the so-called "death panels" that would have bureaucrats deciding when to pull the plug on "grandma" (as President Obama characterized it yesterday).

Scientists are, of course, fascinated by this phenomenon which, given the behavior in question, has a better claim on the term swine flu than the current influenza flavor of choice does. Does it represent something new in the long history of stupidity? Or is it merely the latest manifestation of a time-honored component of the political process -- the cries for help of one of America's most important minority groups: idiots? (At least I hope it is a minority. There is some debate about that. It calls to mind Gore Vidal's famous line when asked about what he felt about studies that showed that only half of Americans read newspapers and only half vote and he said, something to the effect that at least he hoped it was the same half.)

Anyways, the guy was also managing director of Kissinger and Associates and CFR member... so yeah total sellout.

His book, Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making, he explains a blueprint for the elite on how to take over the world and just lick their boots all the way.

And to see if someone is an ``elite`` you watch who they worked for/where/what they have written/speeches they have given/friends/policies they support... if it gets rid of national sovereignty and goes toward a police state and war and they have ``connections in high places`` then they are elite. If they go to Bilderberg meetings, CFR meetings, Bohemian Grove and secret societies like Skulls and Bones, they are elite.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I HAVE been to the middle east. I spent over a year and a half in Iraq. I have talked with many good and upstanding Muslims and Kurds (Now the Kurds of Iraq were an oppressed people.) Most of the "insurgents" we sent to Gitmo spoken "Iranian dialects" of Arabic according to OUR translators.

I know that the views of Iran DO NOT ALWAYS match the views of the Iraqi's. I've heard it from the horses mouth, so to speak. This source is a good view of the Iranian view of things, not the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
It is how US looks like from outside.
What does it look like from inside ?

From the inside it looks like you are an anti-American agent of Iran and you are here with an agenda to spread anti-American propaganda. Considering people in Iran have no access to a free press or free information, how did you manage to get on an internet and spread anti-America / Pro-Iranian propaganda? Do you happen to work for the totalitarian government of Iran??

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are just diss-informed brain-washed and I can not help you. You can come over to my every thread and post three replies to one post , but I won't give up ATS.

But the idea you have about me , I bet that time will provide your answer.

My last message is the repeated one , in bold :

یا بَنی إِسْرائیلَ اذْکُرُوا نِعْمَتِیَ الَّتی أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَیْکُمْ وَ أَوْفُوا بِعَهْدی أُوفِ بِعَهْدِکُمْ وَ إِیّایَ فَارْهَبُونِ (40)
O, CHILDREN OF ISRAEL! CALL TO MIND THE FAVOUR I HAVE BESTOWED UPON YOU, AND BE FAITHFUL TO YOUR COVENANT WITH ME; I WILL BE TRUE TO MINE, AND HAVE AWE OF ME. (BY PERFORMING YOUR DUTIES, AND OBSERVING THE COVENANT)
وَ آمِنُوا بِما أَنْزَلْتُ مُصَدِّقاً لِما مَعَکُمْ وَ لاتَکُونُوا أَوَّلَ کافِر بِهِ وَ لاتَشْتَرُوا بِآیاتی ثَمَناً قَلیلاً وَ إِیّایَ فَاتَّقُونِ (41)
AND HAVE FAITH IN WHAT I HAVE SENT DOWN (THE QURÄN) CONFIRMING THAT WHICH IS WITH YOU, AND BE NOT THE FIRST TO DENY IT, AND SELL NOT MY SIGNS FOR A LITTLE PRICE, (CONCEALING THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF QURÄN AND MOHAMMAD WHICH IS FOUND IN YOUR SCRIPTURES, FOR A LITTLE INCOME!) AND FEAR YOU ME.
وَ لاتَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْباطِلِ وَ تَکْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَ أَنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ (42)
AND COVER NOT TRUTH WITH FALSEHOOD, NOR CONCEAL THE TRUTH WHILE YOU KNOW IT.

top topics

join