It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea tested fire short-range missiles today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Well this is going to get very interesting very quick

With South Korea on military Aler this could go bad real fast

Just breaking on CNN

Be right back with more

From Reuters
www.reuters.com...
edit on 19-12-2011 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Just a salute to dear old dad. Don't worry be happy!!! On the other hand it might get ugly FAST!!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Trillium

They already did launch a missile off the east coast.

No biggie.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Just a salute to dear old dad. Don't worry be happy!!! On the other hand it might get ugly FAST!!

Yes i think so too good time for a false-flag
Hope they have there bunker ready

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

They already did launch a missile off the east coast.

No biggie.

Ya but did they give any warning.
Think he just playing with fire (See i'm the boss now )

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
their just getting their tickle mittens out and shouting boo !

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by diddy1234
their just getting their tickle mittens out and shouting boo !

Maybe their are just using him as a firgure head and have somebody to blame
All the new are talking about him Just maybe the general are in control and pulling the string.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Expect them to be stirred up for a few days and pulling stuff in tribute to Kim Jong Il

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I suspect that the son (forgotten the name) will be trying to consolidate power and get the right people on side.

If he does not then it will turn into a military run government and he will just be a figure head (probably more common than we know).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

I've watched videos of military tests and have seen that his son is rather uncomfortable to military and destruction from his facial reactions. The old order is slowly dying, I wouldn't worry. He's simply listening to military advisors that surround him right now, and he will learn.

The elder generation rules the Earth and the youngest changes it. This is a step of progress. Do not fear liberty, but seek understanding.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Even that article says this is nothing new.
Why would it be?

This is non-news in my opinion. When a rocket is actually fired towards anyone else, then it's time to be concerned. Otherwise this is nothing more than routine for NK.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Even that article says this is nothing new.
Why would it be?

This is non-news in my opinion. When a rocket is actually fired towards anyone else, then it's time to be concerned. Otherwise this is nothing more than routine for NK.

Maybe normal for NK but their sure have a lot of man power walking on pin and needle

Ya he off to a good start if it on his order.
I think it more the old generel puting a show and saying ( Don't F&^k with us today or later)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I guess more sacrifice is needed.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Nobody would gain anything from a war now. There will be no war in SK/NK nor in Iran. The guy didn't even step into power and he is labeled a dictator, come on guys, show a little more "innocent until proven guilty" spirit. NK cannot sustain a war at the moment, they don't have the resources nor the money to sustain it. It's Christmas think positive for crying out loud.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've heard the youngest son was far more radical and dangerous than Kim Jong Il, or the elder son ever dreamed of being. Maybe today is the first sign the rumors are true? Youthful vigor is not a good thing to have in a leader of a country.

I'm thinking the N. Korea situation only got worse today, and it will likely flair up very quickly.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
There are rumors (Only rumors) that KJI's dying wish was for his son to start the war with the south after his father's passing.

We'll see if he will honor this wish or not soon.... Hopefully it is just a rumor, and hopefully the son is more sane than the father.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
All nations have live fire exercises, why does everyone expect it to be different for NK?

Live fire tests are not a outwardly aggressive move, just normal routine for any military complex, now if the missiles were fired over someone else's sovereign airspace or close to someone's border then that could be classed as aggressive

I seems on ATS everyone needs to look forward to WW3 and the end of times, getting pretty sure most people on here are suffering from some sort of psychosis...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

It probably contained Kim Jong-Il's cremated remains.

And the cremated remains of his wife, mistresses and servants...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The next 72 hours will be filled with headlines like this. South Korea will be on high alert, the international media will be jumping every rumor and running with it to beat the next guy to the scoop, the stories will generate wild speculation by the public on boards across the web just like this one here at ATS.

What are the more likely possibilities? hard to say. If we were talking about a relatively stable nation... prolly not a lot more than the typical nationalistic rhetoric and soul stirring. But with N. Korea? Who knows? And it is that instability and uncertainty that will make all the spec headliners read and shared a million times.

The media is gonna have a full blown party with this one.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

We will probably found out in the next few days.
I really wouldn't be surprised if he ordered something on SK as some sort of homage/tribute to his father. A twisted 7 gun salute kinda thing. They are supposed to be in mourning until the 29th right? Like an official week of mourning.

Also Kim Jong Un will have to show his power as a leader to keep at bay any consideration that he will be soft and to avoid a military takeover which has been discussed as a possibility.
edit on 19-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join