It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle just went blackout,,,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I just got home, there was a power fluxuation, huge flash like transformer, and all seattle power went down.

Asw I am writing, some power can be seen restored, a patch at a time.

What do you think? It was eerie one minute seeing the space needle and the next, not a light to the horizon.

Boeing field just came back on.

the whole east hill went and still has dead spots.

This is the first time I've witness such a huge blackout, however short-lived.

Lights are still slowly returning...stop lights, Georgetown area just caqme back....this is wild.

Maybe something needed to fly out undetected?
Am now filming will post video soon...,

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
if they wanted to let someone fly out undetected they would NOT black out the the city...

think about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

I live in downtown Seattle...and no blackout happened in this area of Seattle. I am wondering what caused a short blackout in your area of Seattle.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I wonder if it was the power station over by the Boeing access road. It seemed around there.

I have some footage of the dark areas still out and lights coming on, but I just found out (I have 8 devices linked to internet) well not me, but family and guests....anyhow, just been told that the bandwidth has just increased at least 5 fold, if not more.

I'll post video after I take advantage of my new found speed...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I live in downtown Seattle...and no blackout happened in this area of Seattle. I am wondering what caused a short blackout in your area of Seattle.

Did you hear the boom?
It looked from south Seattle, like Skyway and the entire east hill to the north, Boeing field and Georgetown, Even Harbor Island area lights seemed to dissapear into the night and fog.

South Seattle, Just south of 1st Ave Bridge is still dark and Highland Park area is just starting to illuminate once again.
Harbor Island even was dark for a bit, at least what I can see over by West Seattle Bridge.

So Nothing out of ordinary in your downtown area?

Interesting....

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
interesting. please share township area

and number affected, thanks!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

No...I did not hear a boom...I have been up all night (so far)....and no blackout or a boom in downtown Seattle. I am curious about why this is happening in other areas though.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
if they wanted to let someone fly out undetected they would NOT black out the the city...

think about it.

Under cover of darkness...what would not be ideal? Except visibility...
Still thinking about it...still seems a perfect cover, and you would be long gone by the time anyone didn't notice.

Also there are some warning towers to the northeast of Seattle, not sure exactly where or their name, but they were knocked of grid for a while as well.

The Space Needle lights disappeared from here...That is downtown. Beyond my view would be Mercer Street, Lake Union, say Virginia Ave, or a bit more south.

It was definitely blacked out just about 200 feet to my north to the horizon...not a light visible. I'm curious if I can't see lights in Pioneer Square area or to Seattle Center, would the Downtown resident poster be more like by Lake Union, or Wallingford or such? I can't believe Downtown was not affected, at least what I see, or didn't see...
edit on 19-12-2011 by imd12c4funn because: feet....not yards...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Ever been camping far away from city lights and look at the stars.....

now...go downtown Seattle and try to find some stars.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
There is no discussion or mention of anything odd at the Occupy Seattle chat room. Hmmm... I suppose your news will have something about it in the morning if enough people noticed. Given the time though...perhaps a equipment switch or upgrade? The wee hours going into Monday morning? This would be the time where a neighborhood service like that would be done, I'd think.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Actually where the space needle is located is not considered downtown Seattle...it is considered... the lower Queen Anne area.

I live in the heart of downtown Seattle....by the library...and as I have stated before...there was no blackout in my area.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day

Ever been camping far away from city lights and look at the stars.....

now...go downtown Seattle and try to find some stars.

Funny you mention stars. My view is to the north, but coming home, to the south and almost always overhead I see stars most nights of late.

Maybe not like up in the Olympics, (mountains, not sporting event), Continental Divide or out of city glowing skies, but hundreds anyways.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Actually where the space needle is located is not considered downtown Seattle...it is considered... the lower Queen Anne area.

I live in the heart of downtown Seattle....by the library...and as I have stated before...there was no blackout in my area.

I used to eat lunch at the top of the scoreboard ramps in the Colloseum (old school name for Key Arena, or is it changed again?) And thought That was the Center of Seattle. But, now I know where the heart is, after all these years.

I only recently, a few years ago found out about the streets layouts using some rhyme about Jesus, from my brother-in-law from Oklahoma, who used this to know which streets were northeast or southwest of his position.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
There is no discussion or mention of anything odd at the Occupy Seattle chat room. Hmmm... I suppose your news will have something about it in the morning if enough people noticed. Given the time though...perhaps a equipment switch or upgrade? The wee hours going into Monday morning? This would be the time where a neighborhood service like that would be done, I'd think.

Flux, Blinding Flash, KaBoom...Pitch Dark.

Strange way to upgrade. Plus, my internet speed went from 5megs to over 20 as darkness came. Seems like lot of people out of power and not online suddenly...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Hope all turns out well whatever is going on.

Wow, reading this post really hit me hard nostalgia wise. I spent a number of very happy years in Seattle. I still miss it. I also hope to go back one day.

Take are of you all there!

peace

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hmmm.... Well the net thing is interesting. I wonder what would drop bandwidth throttles without just taking the loop your on offline entirely. Odd happenings there all the way around I suppose.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

So the lights are off... who cares?

Just wait for it to come back on. People lose power all the time. It's okay! Go to sleep!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Someone probably accidentally crashed their car into a power pole.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
When the power goes out human nature kicks in.

You go outside to see the extent of the outage.
More people outside means more eyes looking around.
Planes stand out better when there is no lights interfering.

A power outage is not the time to 'sneak' something big out of town.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42

So the lights are off... who cares?

Just wait for it to come back on. People lose power all the time. It's okay! Go to sleep!

We see a blackout in our city about once every two months. Sometimes it moves around the city as they repair the problem.

Seriously, a blackout is no big deal, they happen all the time in major urban areas, this is nothing unusual or suspicious.

Do they seriously report on a minor blackout in a city over in the USA? Why?

I think people are just a little too paranoid!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join