It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Line, 2nd Line, 2nd Line, 2nd Line, 2nd Line...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Annoying isn't it?

The thread title says it all.

Why so many 2nd Line posts? Is there not enough interest to contribute, not enough input, thought, opinions, rants?...hell...even trolls give more than "2nd Line". We are better than that IMO.

It's just a minor rant but I would ask that people at least have the courtesy of posting more than a 3 word post with "2nd Line" as the next line. What does that accomplish? Nothing.

We are here to discuss, theorize, entertain, learn, banter etc. How the hell is this accomplished with so many "2nd Line" posts?

I know there are so many intelligent people on this site that we should have no excuse for one line posts when someone goes through the effort of authoring a thread for the community.

At least have the courtesy and/or respect to post a few more words or hit the enter bar for a second line of thought. It's rude to the author and doesn't take much effort on your part to give one more word or 2....right?

That's it...done.

Peace

edit on 19-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Forgive my ignorance I am new but I've seen a few of these "2nd Line" posts...and I had no idea what they meant until now! And I concur they are annoying.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalixi
Forgive my ignorance I am new but I've seen a few of these "2nd Line" posts...and I had no idea what they meant until now! And I concur they are annoying.

No ignorance on your part...you posted a real 2nd line...so thank you.

And welcome to ATS!

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I agree, it's annoying.

2nd line

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
I agree, it's annoying.

2nd line

I seen you coming from a long way off...

...and knew what you'd contribute.

3rd line...

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Some intelligent responses can only consist of 1 line. So not all "2nd line" responses are idiotic, some just aren't that long.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by litterbaux
I agree, it's annoying.

2nd line

Haha, good one

2nd line

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Some intelligent responses can only consist of 1 line. So not all "2nd line" responses are idiotic, some just aren't that long.

I can agree with that.

But it doesn't take much effort to say something along the lines of "I agree", "I don't agree", "IMO", "Peace", "Thank You"...etc.

"2nd line" just doesn't add much to a thread IMO.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
ya know i've been thinking that for some time now - i used to be on another board and it turned into a chat room - i've read it from a long standing ats'er SKL: this is what he has to say:

Haven't been on here much, reading only, due to my seeing too many conspiracy theorists slacking. Like 99% of the entire conspiracy theory community. Sorry, if you're not going to do more than talk, and not act, you're wasting my time. That is not directed at you but the entire community as a whole. Rhetoric without actions is but an empty gesture on a fruitless quest.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i have noticed old conspiracies are returning to the forefront excepting the economy - that's going to be the first thing to go before balkanization of the united states, eh?

here is yet another rant:

Let’s be for real. Conspiracy theories are alive and well. They are getting birthed with every news day. It just seems that the true believers in those theories are slacking off. I am saying that basically because I used to get the regular e-mail calling me a CIA plant, the anti-Christ, a Jesuit coadjutor (though the serial cultist Thomas Richards, the not so bright owner of the Spiritually Smart website, still feels threatened enough to keep it up). But now these are only coming occasionally. And the ones that do come are not with the bite and vigor that I am used to. The new breed are all woosies compared to a few years ago. I wonder…
thoushaltnotbearfalsewitness.wordpress.com...

one thing for sure - i stopped giving links to old information hoping someone would take a bite - no such luck -

s/f
edit on 19-12-2011 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by musselwhite because: because something needed correcting ok?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It's a case of Monkey see, monkey do! Lol Daft, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree it is annoying...when I have read some members posts....and the first sentence was around 3 to 6 words...and then they type (2nd line)....I just figured they were lazy.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
ya know i've been thinking that for some time now - i used to be on another board and it turned into a chat room - i've read it from a long standing ats'er SKL: this is what he has to say:

Haven't been on here much, reading only, due to my seeing too many conspiracy theorists slacking. Like 99% of the entire conspiracy theory community. Sorry, if you're not going to do more than talk, and not act, you're wasting my time. That is not directed at you but the entire community as a whole. Rhetoric without actions is but an empty gesture on a fruitless quest.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

i have noticed old conspiracies are returning to the forefront excepting the economy - that's going to be the first thing to go before balkanization of the united states, eh?

here is yet another rant:

Let’s be for real. Conspiracy theories are alive and well. They are getting birthed with every news day. It just seems that the true believers in those theories are slacking off. I am saying that basically because I used to get the regular e-mail calling me a CIA plant, the anti-Christ, a Jesuit coadjutor (though the serial cultist Thomas Richards, the not so bright owner of the Spiritually Smart website, still feels threatened enough to keep it up). But now these are only coming occasionally. And the ones that do come are not with the bite and vigor that I am used to. The new breed are all woosies compared to a few years ago. I wonder…
thoushaltnotbearfalsewitness.wordpress.com...

one thing for sure - i stopped giving links to old information hoping someone would take a bite - no such luck -

s/f
edit on 19-12-2011 by musselwhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by musselwhite because: because something needed correcting ok?

Bingo!

Thank you for the input.

Many times I have seen 1 liners on a certain thread that speak volumes as to the intent but with no substance to back it up.

I will admit that I have done the same when I've had a few and had to spew forth my convictions and theories but it seems that the real conspiracy threads are getting less and less meat and more short rant-style replies.

Maybe these are the trolls attempting to derail? If so, they're getting lazy...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by madleo
It's a case of Monkey see, monkey do! Lol Daft, to say the least.

You forgot to "2nd Line" your post...

3rd line

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yeah it is annoying...

I typically use short lines...

and lots of "..."'s

but hey at least I dont say....

___ ____

Its against my belief system to even type it out lol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Not all threads needs a big contribution from one, for another to understand their view point.

second line

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
the other thing that might be affecting conspiracy theorist is maybe they are getting their medications and the delusional thinking has gone away - we can chalk one of for big pharma if that's the case:

Conspiracy Theories Explained Random events are deeply meaningful to paranoid schizophrenics. Is something happening in their brains? By Kathleen McGowan, published on November 01, 2004 - last reviewed on February 20, 2007 Paranoid schizophrenics are prone to delusions, tales in which random events become deeply meaningful. Some believe in complex conspiracies; others think they are Jesus Christ. These stories sound crazy, but they may be the brain's efforts to make sense of its own internal messages, suggests #ij Kapur, professor of psychiatry at the University of Toronto and vice president of research at the Canadian Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. In addition to other brain abnormalities, schizophrenics have too much dopamine. Just as addicts' desensitized dopamine systems make them feel that nothing matters, high levels of the neurotransmitter make schizophrenics believe that everything is significant.
www.psychologytoday.com...

maybe because my conspiracy theorist dopamine-driven salience system keeps telling me that something very important is happening, ordinary events appear intensely meaningful - they call it "biased inductive logic" -

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
Not all threads needs a big contribution from one, for another to understand their view point.

second line

I agree that sometimes a short, concise statement can say everything but as a courtesy to the thread author there should be more than that.

If the author goes to the effort of writing, editing, formulating a well thought out, researched and informative thread, I would hope that people could give back more than something like:

I agree,

2nd line.

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
If you're asking a question relevant (albeit short) to the OP, is that an acceptable "one-liner?"

Uhhhh ... 2nd line?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by n00bUK

second line

I agree that sometimes a short, concise statement can say everything but as a courtesy to the thread author there should be more than that.

If the author goes to the effort of writing, editing, formulating a well thought out, researched and informative thread, I would hope that people could give back more than something like:

I agree,

2nd line.

Just saying.

fully understand, but its a catch 22 situation for me. . if i post more than one sentence sometimes, i'll just derail the thread cos i have so much to say and such minimum writing skills lol.

Im 100% with you when it comes to one line 'comedy' lines which seem to make the authors work, not worth doing- due to that one liner below it that just killed the whole thread

But as i say, sometimes people can only contribute a one liner to the thread, a simple question or answer. Maybe further down the line i'll be able to post brilliant threads and reply to people with more than "yeah, me too-Revolution!!"

But for now

I Kinda understand

Second line

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence
If you're asking a question relevant (albeit short) to the OP, is that an acceptable "one-liner?"

Uhhhh ... 2nd line?

Good point.

This may be the "2nd Line" option.

A one line question is sometimes the only way to put forth a contribution to a thread.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join