It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not voting next year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I will not be participating in these corrupt elections. I no longer believe in the election process, and I believe that everything is facade. Everything is already planned and laid out before us. Obama will win the election, no matter who you vote for.

I will continue to prepare my family and myself for the future, on my land and whatever happens, will happen. I'm done believing that there are any honest people left in the world that would lead this country, and the ones who tried to be were silenced forever.

Good luck, and stay awake.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

No point in voting, it is already determined right now who will be president hahah!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
you sound like poland when hitler invaded lol

im not gonna fight, please take my family lol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I honestly dont see the point in participating. We are only offered what they think we need...In the US we actually have a representitive republic....no democracy there...why bother at that point....when its a direct democracy ill give my 2 cents. College of representitives doesnt seem to be made up of "my fellow Americans"

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

I wouldn't even say a representative democracy, more like mental tyranny.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
When you participate in these corrupt elections you have NO right to complain about the state of things, because you (the voter) were the one that voted these idiots into office.

It doesn't matter their party affiliation, or if they have been "consistent" for 50 years. NOTHING will change.

consistent with bull*** for 50 years that is

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by newyorkee

I wouldn't even say a representative democracy, more like mental tyranny.

More like a empire.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
you sound like poland when hitler invaded lol

im not gonna fight, please take my family lol

I will fight, but I won't be a party to choosing another corrupt leader for this country.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Well done! I have been trying to convince people not to vote for years!

A bumper sticker I saw once says it all. "Don't vote! It only encourages them!"

Why should you be manipulated into voting for the person you dislike the least? That gives them the ability to behave however they please, because you must vote.

The only reason there is a two-party system is so the masses don't revolt. If it was a one-party dictatorship, and people wanted them out, that is exactly what would happen.

With a two-party system (who are controlled by the same small group of rich men), they can behave as they please, and push the masses to their limits. Because when the sheeple have had enough, they think they will get revenge by voting for the other team. Instead of revolting.

And the cycle starts again...
edit on 19/12/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Imagine the message it would send if 80% simply refused to vote!

They would be forced to earn their votes instead of being entitled to them by law...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
When you participate in these corrupt elections you have NO right to complain about the state of things, because you (the voter) were the one that voted these idiots into office.

Please explain to me how it helps if we do not vote? It would seem to me that the current system will then continue as is. Make your vote count in the primaries where we do still have choices. Stop listening to the media and advertising "sound bites". Watch the debates, do some independent research.

Mahree

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I will not be participating in these corrupt elections. I no longer believe in the election process, and I believe that everything is facade. Everything is already planned and laid out before us. Obama will win the election, no matter who you vote for.

I will continue to prepare my family and myself for the future, on my land and whatever happens, will happen. I'm done believing that there are any honest people left in the world that would lead this country, and the ones who tried to be were silenced forever.

Good luck, and stay awake.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing" - Ron Paul

- And -

"There is still good left in this world, and it's worth fighting for" - Samwise Gamgee to Frodo Baggins in LOTR

The merit of an action is not measured by the outcome, at least IMHO. Though I have no doubt that major events are scripted to take place over the next few years and even months - we have to try.

We simply have to.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

It doesn't matter their party affiliation, or if they have been "consistent" for 50 years. NOTHING will change.

consistent with bull*** for 50 years that is

It's just the opposite of what you said. You have no right to complain when you don't vote. We hold democratic elections in our Republic. You have a right to run for public office and cast your vote for whoever you choose. If you choose to not take part then you have no voice you relinquished that right. Many brave souls have fought and died so that you could choose your elected representatives and you dishonor them by not voting. You have things completely backwards in your statement.

I shouldn't call it a right to vote what it is, is a privilege. Those who hold office count on people like yourself to not vote and they are actually glad that you do not some go as far as to try and get you not to vote. I see that you are playing right into their hands. If even half the country voted then it would scare the hell out of them. Unfortunately from what I just read they don't have anything to..
I don't like any of the candidates we have to choose from but I will cast my vote for the one I feel will do the best job.

In some countries they do not have the right to vote and in other countries it is the law to vote. But don't give me this BS that you are trying to peddle.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: added more text

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

I will be voting next year. This election is arguably the most important in American history. The Bill of Rights and Constitution have been systematically dismantled for years now, and with the passage of such laws as the Patriot Act, TSA, NDAA, and SOPA, what little remnants of the Constitution that we still have will be torn to shreds if any of the other puppet politicians get elected.

Romney, Obama, or Gingrich are all on the same team, and they're all puppets. If Ron Paul was elected, SO MANY of this nations problems would go away. Hell, most of them come from simply not abiding by the Constitution. The unconstitutional Federal Reserve inflates our worthless paper currency in secrecy, the unconstitutional federal government departments that operate outside of Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution run up trillions in debt, the unconstitutional undeclared wars also run up trillions debt, the unconstitutional laws that I cited in the first paragraph eerily demonstrate what the Founding Fathers warned about, the list goes on.

Simply following the rule of law would solve a lot of this countries issues, but we've strayed so far down the road to tyranny that people view the idea of abiding by the Constitution as radical and extreme. It really sucks...the ignorant masses greet the oppression with open arms...
edit on 19-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Every politician is as corrupt as the last one. I don't vote because I'm not going to vote for the one that I dislike the least. Because basically that's what it comes down to. I haven't voted so I have no responsibility for the mess that we are in right now. But the people that voted these idiots into office are, and that's why they are not entitled to complain.

Why should I have a right to complain when I was the one that helped get these incompetent people into office?

Also, I have a lot of respect for all the fallen soldiers that have died in war. They are brave and they know that when they go into service they can't refuse to fight and that's the ultimate sign of a brave man. However that doesn't mean that I have to partake in elections that will give us the same result every 4 years.
edit on 12/19/2011 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
You dont have to vote as the govt will vote for you. Using their electronic voting machines. But I agree with you. Every one else shouldnt vote either. Let them get on with it as they dont take any notice of the people. Just award them selves bigger pay rises, or insider deals ect.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

When I vote and the person I voted for wins the election and they do something I don't like I can criticize them and call them and write to them and tell them so. I can tell them that this is not what I put them in office for. When I vote and the person that wins isn't the person I voted for I can call them and write them and tell them that this is why they did not earn my vote and will not have my vote next time if they don't change their ways. If I don't vote I have nothing to say.

It hasn't just been soldiers that guaranted the right to vote there was women's suffrage and many battles for people of color to have that right/privilege. The political parties don't want you to vote if they have their way only those who own land that are male and of a particular color would be able to vote. These laws have changed but somehow they have convinced the same people that worked so hard to have this right to give it up.

Personaly I think people should earn the right to vote by serving their country in one form or another not necessarily the military it could be something like working three years in a community program, something along those lines to where they had to give something to their country first. I think that if people have and do this before they would be eligible to vote than those people who earned that right would almost always vote. It would also show that the ones who vote have character. I feel the same way about people who hold elected office.They should have to earn the right to be able to run for office. The only requirement to vote now is age and the only requirement to run for office is age ( different ages). That is absurd it is also why we have so may rich SOBs running for office.

I don't think this will ever happen but I wish it would. It would change everything for the better. A much simpler way to change everything for the better is if everyone could vote did. It would shake the very halls of Congress and make them stand up and pay attention to the people they are supposed to serve. You have to realize they only worry about serving those who vote and keep them in power.
edit on 19-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: fixed

edit on 19-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: added text

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
A much simpler way to change everything for the better is if everyone could vote did. It would shake the very halls of Congress and make them stand up and pay attention to the people they are supposed to serve.

I highly doubt that. They want you to vote for a reason.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
whats the point in voting when the elected will push their handlers agenda? show me solid proof of one politician that abides by the principles they ran on or at least gives in to the will and want of his/her constituents? sure MAYBE ron paul would do that, but we all see the entire MSM left or right, has gone through great lengths to make sure his impact on the inept masses remains minimal. its game over, we can't win with this process anymore.

by not voting at least we are absolved of our guilt. in nevada we had to decide between harry reid and sharron angle. thats like choosing between super satan or super-retarded-satan. thats when I decided not to vote anymore.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wingsfan
whats the point in voting when the elected will push their handlers agenda? show me solid proof of one politician that abides by the principles they ran on or at least gives in to the will and want of his/her constituents? sure MAYBE ron paul would do that, but we all see the entire MSM left or right, has gone through great lengths to make sure his impact on the inept masses remains minimal. its game over, we can't win with this process anymore.

by not voting at least we are absolved of our guilt. in nevada we had to decide between harry reid and sharron angle. thats like choosing between super satan or super-retarded-satan. thats when I decided not to vote anymore.

Then they have already won. You are doing exactly what they want. You are not absolved of your guilt you are simply a nameless faceless number a number that does not matter because they did not need to fear your voice because you have none.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join