It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son Hailed as Heir of North Korea- and Jong-il is Dead.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

North Korean Leader Kim Jong-il Dead, Son Hailed as Heir

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - North Korean leader Kim Jong-il died of a heart attack while on a train trip, state media reported on Monday, sparking immediate concern over who is in control of the reclusive state and its nuclear program.
KCNA said the elder Kim died at 8:30 a.m. on Saturday (2330 GMT on Friday) after "an advanced acute myocardial infarction, complicated with a serious heart shock." Kim had suffered a stroke in 2008, but had appeared to have recovered.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
edit on 19-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2011 by ltinycdancerg because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Of course,
North Korea's network KCNA is hardly a credible source (seeing that its purpose is primarily for propaganda)
but Jong-il's death is looking like it just might be legit.

I definitely did not see this coming.
???

The zeitgeist continues to get more interesting and more chaotic...
anyone else see this as an opportunity for an uprising brewing?
Hang on tight and keep those arms and legs inside, I gotta feeling this is going to get even more interesting.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

From what I have heard, it has been said that his son is more ruthless and psychotic, but then yet again he could turn out to be a decent person haha. I guess we will see what will happen over the next few years.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Leader Kim Jong-il Dead, Son Hailed as Heir

Democratic People’s Republic of Korea. I wonder what would poorly fed people think every time they will see the new leader. Oh, and eternal president place is already taken, so Kim Jong-Il should expect nothing more then eternal supreme leader.
As for turmoil and chaos - do not worry. Figure head is important, true. But in those "democracies" they cannot make sudden changes due to heavy burden of tradition. System needs to rot from inside first, then they can turn the wheel sharply.
I do not foresee anything different from current periodic blackmails for food , give it a decade or so and it will start to crumble. Then there will be chaos.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I'd believe it...

not a face I'd trust

I wonder if he shares the same passion for American film/tv culture as his father as well?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Video of the North Korean Network footage:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
How could our Dearest Leader leave us? This is the most depressing day on earth! Our lives will never be the same again! *fake crying so I don't get shot*

What a disgusting nation and people.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ltinycdancerg
reply to post by Unvarnished

I'd believe it...

not a face I'd trust

I wonder if he shares the same passion for American film/tv culture as his father as well?

If he does share the same passion I wonder if he likes dune? The baron Harkonnen and his nephew come to mind. Kinda ironic if you ask me.

Heck I am sure his kid is a good guy and will help the people.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
There's one guy that won't be missed. I thought he was supposed to be super-human? Guess he was just like the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Yikes. I just recently finished playing the vidoe game HOMEFRONT. If any of you have played this, the premise and timing are eerily similar.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I don't personally own "Homefront" myself, but I did actually watch a good friend play it for a bit the other night. The plot is actually kinda close here. Also, the game was recently released back on March 15th of this year. Have a look for yourself...

Homefront Video Game: Plot

Quick snip from the article:

In 2013, one year after the death of Kim Jong-il, North Korean leader Kim Jong-un reunites North and South Korea to form the Greater Korean Republic.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I wonder if the Heir will be as "ronery" as his "fadda"?
lol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
lmao-
even better

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is the first I heard about this. Thank you for posting it.

It will be interesting to see how this affects Korea and our (US) relationship with them. I sincerely hope it gets better.

I guess I should look into finding out what his son's views are..

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twiptwop
How could our Dearest Leader leave us? This is the most depressing day on earth! Our lives will never be the same again! *fake crying so I don't get shot*

What a disgusting nation and people.

The people are not disgusting! They have been brainwashed by their government. Most of them don't know life outside of their country. Does not make them disgusting!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Apparently Mr. Il has managed to take ATS seach to the grave with him too.

The deer are now without any sense of direction.
edit on 12/19/2011 by The1Prettiest1One because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

Yeah I bet their are at least 15 posts about this. It is dominating the boards. Evoleric posted about it first a couple hours before it was announced, with a thread about the announcement

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ltinycdancerg

i get the sorry feeling that this will not bode well for his country or the rest of the world......Afterall he would have learnt much from his father and add to that his own views and you are probably asking for trouble.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join