It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, do you believe angels/demons/devils exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hola everyone! I would first like to put up a post regarding your beliefs on angels, demons, and any other supernatural creatures that appear throughout human history. Now the million dollar question, do you all believe that these creatures exist in reality or are just symbolic metaphors for our internal being and nature. This is just some food for thought! Hope all is well everyone.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Joking aside...

Yeah I think the stories came from somewhere...

Most imporantly isolated peoples/cultures all had similar stories...

People that never came in contact with each other (supposedly) yet... had the same stories...

As far as Angels and Demons... I think a modern term of "Space Alien"
is all the same

Hope all is well with you too friend

edit on 12/19/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

Some things may be metaphors etc, but more likely is that most things were just misinterpreted by our ancestors. Like sea monsters for example, they obviously exist but know we call them by other names like octopus, whale etc.
As for demons, well maybe that just comes from one man's idea or interpretation for his feelings and just 'caught on'.

My short answer is NO, I don't believe in angels, demons or frankenstein.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by manontrial

Apparently you didnt watch the video I posted

or else not only would you believe...

but afraid... you would be very afraid!

lol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I believe but I'm agnostic. Its easy to have faith when you believe in everything no. I don't hold to a particular religious foundation and just like everybody else on the planet I'm consistently amazed by what I don't know.

What I do know is that some people just put off a vibe like they have something wrong with there soul and can't be trusted while others will just appear out of nowhere and render assistance with anything your having difficulty with.

I don't believe that all of the things that effect our mind,body.soul can be detected by our 5 scenes and maybe not even with the 6th. Which puts us agnostics ahead of everybody else because we have no structure to challenge
kinda like religious anarchists.

sorry if you wanted me to show you picts or a religious discussion i can't give you the former i won't give you the latter

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

I believe its possible they might exist...

Though i've never seen any of the above mentioned personally...

I think different dimensions exist so these entities may as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Most imporantly isolated peoples/cultures all had similar stories...

People that never came in contact with each other (supposedly) yet... had the same stories...

Exactly whose to say whether there was contact? It 50-50.
I say that there are no angels and demons. Just fairytails.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
When I was a child I believed that bad people became demons and good people became angels and could influence the living subconsciously. All I know is that every time in my life when I have had extreme stress, I've asked for more strength (I've never been very religious) and I have got it...I like to think that it was given to me from something bigger than myself.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
They exist, been in contact with a few. They only became apparent to me after 2-3 years of meditating. They definatly live somewhere else tho, maybe the "bardo".

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Thank you everyone for your posts and thoughts! I also consider myself an agnostic and do not even know what to believe, I feel lost and confused about what is going on in the world and I am not going to lie, there are times where I make fun of or mock religion but in the end I also question myself if I am on the right path.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Thanks Eroc, I remember one time you made a post regarding about jobs I believe, did everything end up going okay with you and your family? Hope all is well friend.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

What was the experience like?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
yes they do exist. just look at history, culture, world. all world history said gods fell from heaven. and u see wing/human in Sumeria or Egypt. yes they all do exist i believe.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Well ill tell you my 3 experiences.

1) I was meditating quite some time just watching the patterns forming behind my closed eyes. The patterns then began to take form and get more complex. I continued concentrating on this as i started to feel a feeling of ecstasy. The patterns continued to get stronger until finally i took a big breathe and all the colors just exploded into a snake. It was flying through me and around me and filled me with love and wisdom. I'm not quite sure what this was, i am sure it was alive, and positive it had its own consciousness. It rose and looked at me in the eyes and gave me the impression to continue this path.

2) Once again i was meditating focusing on the closed eye patterns, but also on a space high up in the sky as far as i could imaging. The visuals began to take form as a tunnel. It got stronger and stronger until i was sucked up through this tunnel in my spirit form. I landed in some unknown place and noticed 4 spirits surrounding me. they seemed amazed that i had got their and i could sense them communicating but could not interpret it. They were quite nice and had a strong sense of being in good hands around them.

3) I was going through a rough few weeks and was in a negative thought form. It seems as if the negative energy attracted something into my room, I could fill its presence. Every time i would walk into my room i would get this feeling of guilt and fear i did not get this any other place i would go and without a fail i would instantly feel this upon entering. Anyway for 2 weeks it would taunt me while i was sleeping. It would stand beside me as i slept brushing itself on my neck and head over and over. It would make my hairs on my arms and neck stand up and i could feel it stroking through my hair.
Being sh*t scared and having no idea what was going on i did a Google search to find an answer.
I ended up praying for protection from good spirits and fixing the 'Feng shui' of the room, this seem to work quite well.

I cant give you anymore info than that because to be honest i have no idea what all this is about. All i know is that it EXIST and they are THEIR. I work everyday on finding more answers to this topic and believe it lies in meditation and changing the reality our brain perceives. I can feel every time i meditate i'm getting that tiny bit closer but only time can tell... hope this shed some light for you!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalixi
When I was a child I believed that bad people became demons and good people became angels and could influence the living subconsciously. All I know is that every time in my life when I have had extreme stress, I've asked for more strength (I've never been very religious) and I have got it...I like to think that it was given to me from something bigger than myself.

My brother, a practicing Wiccan, asked me about the concept of when people say someone dies and becomes an angel looking down on them from heaven. I told him that is not a Biblical concept, it arose when people wanted their loved ones to come back or missed them so greatly that they wanted to believe this thing about their loved ones. For some people, it gives them closure to accept the death of loved ones.

But the personalities of people do not die, because that is their spirit, and sometimes we have encounters with that and most often it brings back a certain memory or a certain feeling that involves a good memory. Sometimes though, we have encounters with memories that were not so pleasant, especially when someone died a violent death.

I believe the Bible when it says that "Abel's blood cried up from the ground" because the blood is the life of the body. Wherever blood is shed in a violent way, that blood cries up and it sometimes crosses the veil into the natural. Yes, I believe in angels and demons because I have experienced both, but to say they are just a person who has gone on, no, that is not what they are.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I believe so. For a while in my household every night at 6:30 till daylight we would feel intense, unnatural fear until we tried casting out demons.

Also, in my research, it has come to my attentions that some shamans can really interact with lying spirits, so it's not all nonsense. www.theropps.com...

www.innerstrife.me...
edit on 19-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
Hola everyone! I would first like to put up a post regarding your beliefs on angels, demons, and any other supernatural creatures that appear throughout human history. Now the million dollar question, do you all believe that these creatures exist in reality or are just symbolic metaphors for our internal being and nature. This is just some food for thought! Hope all is well everyone.

In a way for me both.

I belive that humans are souls evolving to become angels and connected to the devine. It's really about understanding that you are not separate from anything else and your value is not more or less than any other souls. Some are more evolved than others. The angels/saints/moral people are the people who loose their ego and do what they do because it is right thing to do from their point of view, even if it is not for their benefit. The demons are the unenlightened, bullies and persons who only care about themselves and don't care if their actions harm others. Namaste

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished

Thank you everyone for your posts and thoughts! I also consider myself an agnostic and do not even know what to believe, I feel lost and confused about what is going on in the world and I am not going to lie, there are times where I make fun of or mock religion but in the end I also question myself if I am on the right path.

There is 7 billion people on this planet with a different set of faith/belifs. To belive that only one religon/faith/belief is the right is a evolving of your ego and from my point of view not the way to understand god/the devine. You are unique like everybody else
. Im a beliver that the purpose for life is evolution. This includes the evolution of your soul/spirit, science, knowledge, religon, society and nature. I have a hard time listening to the religous who don't really get their own religon or follow it. Religon is meant to evolve like everything else. Whatever we call god or the devine do not make a difference. We have the struggle to get over our own egos. God don't and do not care if you go to church or anything like that. He cares that you take time off for our fellow man/woman. The reason a place is devine is because you a more or less devine being is at that place.

What is going on in this world right now from my point of view is that the old systems are being destroyed to make room for new better ones. You are being shown what service to self(ego) means and how corrupting it is. There will not be peace until we evolve to the next level. To many people have awoken and are pissed of at the establishment. I even think god/the devine is taking a part in this and is using us as tools to get it right. There is only 2 options: True democracy without representation and the power pyramid or armagedon. Either we become all equal or humanity die out. I will never allow myself to be a slave or a parasite. I will get what I deserve no more and no less. Namaste

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

3) I was going through a rough few weeks and was in a negative thought form. It seems as if the negative energy attracted something into my room, I could fill its presence. Every time i would walk into my room i would get this feeling of guilt and fear i did not get this any other place i would go and without a fail i would instantly feel this upon entering. Anyway for 2 weeks it would taunt me while i was sleeping. It would stand beside me as i slept brushing itself on my neck and head over and over. It would make my hairs on my arms and neck stand up and i could feel it stroking through my hair.
Being sh*t scared and having no idea what was going on i did a Google search to find an answer.
I ended up praying for protection from good spirits and fixing the 'Feng shui' of the room, this seem to work quite well.

Are you sure It really was a bad spirit? I have felt a presence that i physicly touching my head thru the pillow and I kinda think of it as my guradian angel/higher self. It is like something is touching me thru my skull. It does it very gently and it has made me very harmonious and my sense of touch have increased. I think It is how the crown chakra gets opened. I have spent a lot of time listening to mediation videos when I went to bed and it seem to have increased the feeling of energy thru my body. You can try www.youtube.com... and the 6 other videos but only do them if you are comfortable when you are listening to them. But I will also warn you when the feeling reaches the top of your nose it gets quite annoying
. It's like someone is pinching you there under your skin. Also when this started the feeling I felt was higher when I had happy thoughts. Hmm do not really notice it nowdays but "It's Back right now"
. Namaste everybody and espcially soulthingy or whatever you are.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by hoonsince89

Are you sure It really was a bad spirit? I have felt a presence that i physicly touching my head thru the pillow and I kinda think of it as my guradian angel/higher self. It is like something is touching me thru my skull. It does it very gently and it has made me very harmonious and my sense of touch have increased. I think It is how the crown chakra gets opened.

Fairly sure, I feel calm and protected when my higher self is around.
The feeling you have at the top of your head is your crown Chakra. Kinda feels like the top of your heads open and air blows through?? you may also feel like ants crawling around your skin to.

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

the feeling reaches the top of your nose it gets quite annoying.

That is your 3rd eye Chakra being awakened. Sounds like all your meditation is starting to take affect, Look up "kundilini Awakening" as im sure you'll be meeting with it soon

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join