It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea TV announces Kim's death with Hollywood Style Drama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Such drama, such sadness...Such BS.

This is such a show that it deserves an Emmy. This is so over the top that not even a prime time soap opera can touch it.

I lived about 30 minutes from the DMZ for approx. 8 years and had the chance to talk to people who had escaped from the North. The stories of propaganda filled news are very common.

The reporters for the National news are not actually paid as such but are simply chosen from well off families with their ability to act and to report as told. Their real pay is with more food allotments and better apartment situations. The news anchor positions are very important in NK as their ability to sway public opinion and do as they are told is most important.

There are not many people in NK that truly like the current regime but they portray their loyalty for fear of punishment and/or death/imprisonment in the many concentration camps.

That is why I say it is nothing but an acting job.

Peace

edit on 19-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for posting and great acting on that woman's side. Not to troll you but someone on here posted this. I hope they have youtube in Korea in order to gain access to "our version"

ETA All credit to ...CREAM (I think, apologies if it's not the right poster here!)
edit on 19/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I sincerely hope that she is acting and not brainwashed to that extreme.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalixi
I sincerely hope that she is acting and not brainwashed to that extreme.

I see it as both.

Brainwashed to the point of acting and actually believing what is written for her.

new topics

top topics

join