It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Ken Bark, Part I

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A word of warning:

This post is extremely long. I do not expect anyone to actually read through this and I believe I wrote it mostly for myself. This post, is a small synopsis of my life and my experiences and is probably not very well written.

Hello everyone. My name, as you might have guessed, is Ken.

I come to you, ATSers, after seven years of an apparently healthy, normal life. Seven long, hard years without ATS in which I have been busy doing normal things like getting a bachelor's degree, going through an identity crisis, establishing relationships and then braking them up, drinking way too much and so on. After these seven years, I come to you with no answers, but lots and lots of questions. And for that, I apologise deeply.

Now, I'm not entirely sure any of you care. To be perfectly honest with you, I am not entirely sure anyone here should care. My story, goes like this.

I remember #ed up things since I can go back. And I can go back quite far. I have, for as long as I can remember, had an outstanding memory. Not quite so sharp on the short term, but I can remember things I shouldn’t remember. Things like the clamp on my umbilical chord. Or the colour of the light in the nursery the day I was born.

Now I never thought much of this until I understood that, medically, recalling such things is not possible since memory capacity and sight shouldn't have developed yet. I also noticed that the subject would come up quite often during family (and extended family) dinners and people who were present would first mock me and then remain shocked at the amount of details I was able to give about the event.

This was all fine until my grandfather died. It’s 1994 now, and I am six years old. As a special treat to all the family, we are visiting our home country during the summer. We’re staying at our country cottage, to which I have already been during previous summers. As I wonder around the house and garden, I start to question my mother about why certain things around the place have changed since we have last been there. She turns around, gives me a huge question mark look and rambles something about how she’s not sure what I’m talking about. So I take her outside, point her to a very specific place and tell her about how I can remember grandpa playing bocce on the gravel next to very tall, fence-covering bushes there. I then tell her I can't understand why the place has been paved with tiles and the plants are all gone. At that point, my mother freaks out and starts shouting that it can’t be possible, since that memory is of her childhood.

I could probably go on about stuff like this forever. So let's skip ahead to 1999. I am twelve years old. On a warm summer night, I go to bed around 10pm as usual and, just before falling asleep, I start to recall a weird memory of a night in what was likely my fourth or third year of life. I start to remember myself not lying down on my bed, but rather staying in a halfway lying-sitting position, with my legs lying flat on the bed, my bust and head straight up and my arms lying beside my chest. So then I remember I spent the entire night that way and never actually fell asleep. I remember entering this quasi-trance state, in which time seemed to be distorted in such a way as to alternately pass either extremely quickly (as in actually seeing things like sun moving in the sky at dawn and the light changing constantly) or extremely slowly (as in my father walks in to "wake me" and takes a billion years to ask me why I'm sitting in that weird position, almost as if it were in slow-motion).

So I somehow start to remember all this as I fall asleep, and at that point, all of a sudden, the entire world… Just goes bye-bye. I am experiencing what I now know to be sleep paralysis. I can't move my body. None of my muscles respond, not even my eyelids can blink. My chest is expanding and contracting to allow my lungs to breathe, but I am not controlling any of it. My heart is racing and I can feel the adrenaline pumping in my veins. I can almost feel my entire body shaking for the intense, petrifying terror I am experiencing and there is absolutely nothing I can do. As a first thing, I think I am having my worst nightmare. As I start to try to make myself wake up, I hear the squinchiest, most annoying acute sounds in varying frequencies and volumes, giving their all in an syncopated, cacophonic orgy so loud I can feel the earth shaking. At this point, I realise I am fully awake, just not in control. I start to think I somehow got paralysed and will never move a muscle again. I start to wonder if this is what it feels like to be in a coma while I try so desperately to control my breathing. Something happens and it feels like I open my eyes. I am not sure whether they are actually open or not. A myriad of dancing, coloured pellets shaped like jellybeans appear before me in a psychedelic madness of ever-evolving shapes. In the mean time, the noise is so loud I start to fear I will go deaf for life. This goes on for what seems like centuries as I try to decipher a meaning from the sounds and figures.

I now somehow feel calm. I still have no idea what is going on, but I somehow feel I’ll make it through. I start counting. One. Two. Three. Four.

Five.

I’m awake. Everything is normal again and I crawl out of bed to secretly bask in the warm light of the telly in my mother’s room.

edit on 18-12-2011 by hokaku because: formatting

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Four years later, it’s August of 2003 and I am sixteen. The first half of this year has been particularly tough I feel exhausted. I have become disillusioned. I am a cynical, insightful, in-your-face angry kid. I start seeing shadows everywhere. I think I’m going nuts. It’s almost like I catch them with the corner of my eye and the second I try to focus on them – puff! They’re gone. Just like that. As this observational phenomena increases in frequency, I reach the conclusion that the best thing to do is ignore it as much as possible, as I am either insane and delusional or I am not insane and whatever those things are it’s probably a good idea to stay away from them.

So the year passes by and I have turned seventeen. At this point, for unknown reasons, I start to experience sleep paralysis again. I instantly recognise the symptoms and flashback to when I was twelve. I tell myself not to panic, that this has happened before, and everything will be fine. As I start to convince myself, I realise I am leaving my body. I start floating upwards, lifting myself out of my bed and body and suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of peace and quietude that is unlike anything I have ever felt before. As I soar through my bedroom in the 3pm warm March sun, I notice I can see things clearer than ever before. I can zoom in on the tiniest detail around me. I can count the molecules and I am perfectly lucid. As I bask in that sense of peace and happiness, I start to realise the reason I can see things so clearly is I am not using my eyes. I start to wonder what I am experiencing, as I suddenly understand that I can sense everything around me and that there is life in every single thing. As I wake up, I dismiss this experience as an extremely pleasant dream, an extremely rare occurrence for a person whose mind is as corrupt as my own.

The following month reserves me another similar experience, in which, however, I have no control of movement and direction.

The frequency of my “night-time experiences” starts to rapidly increase until it gets to the point that I am having serious trouble getting any rest. I have sleep paralysis daily and an out of bed experience at least 5 times a week. This would all be fine, if it weren’t for the fact that when I’m having these “episodes”, it is usually not very pleasant. Things like being dragged by something underground, passing through stories and floors and not being able to do anything about it. Things like hearing distorted voices desperately shouting at volumes unlike anything heard before. At this point, I start to see things. I am unsure what to call them. I am not really sure what they are. All I know is there are more of them, and I don’t think they go along with each other very well. Sometimes it sounds like they want to warn me about something. Other times like they want to threaten me. On occasion it even sounds like they are desperate. My mother is starting to get worried as she has noticed symptoms of insomnia.

The next year and a half of my life goes on like this. By now I have forgotten what it means to sleep calmly and wake up well rested. It’s March and I feel strangely tired at 3pm. I decide to take a nap, a rare thing for me to do in the afternoon. I have a lucid dream in which I wake up in my bed because of a thunderstorm. I then hear my mother shouting in her bedroom so I jump out of bed, run upstairs and see her bedroom door closed, which it never is. So even though I can’t hear her scream anymore, I decide to bust it open. As I enter the bedroom, I can see her lying in bed, covered in blood from the waist down. Next to her, I see a new-born baby and realise he has been crying the whole time. I then turn around to my mother to ask her what the heck is going on and I realise she is not actually my mother, but some other woman. At this point, I woke up to a phone call of my father, who was nearby and asked if I could go for a walk with him. So I went with him, and he told me his partner was pregnant. This felt a lot stranger than most of my other paranormal experiences. I knew he would be telling me she was pregnant before he did. I knew the second I woke up from that dream.

After another year or so of nightly torments, I impose myself I will close all doors to whatever happens when I go to sleep. Somewhat strangely, this actually appears to be working. Somehow, simply by desiring that, I have eliminated these disturbances from my daily life. I feel immensely relieved.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is 2009. I am 23 now. I’m abroad again and split up with my three-year ex. I am heartbroken and cannot put myself to sleep, no matter what I do. As the third day without sleep goes by, I start to hallucinate. After a few hours of hallucinations, which I was luckily lucid enough to dismiss as such, I finally fall asleep. As I lie down in my bed, I close my eyes and I experience another sleep paralysis.

A few days go by and I’m sleeping regularly again. As I prepare myself for sleep, I close my eyes and suddenly find myself running, naked, in a barren forest. I’m running and crying my eyes out and even though I can see the blood spill from the open wounds on created by the branches on my body, I can’t feel anything. I feel amazed to have a body at all. As I run, I reach a clearing with a pond and dive in. At this point, I catch a glimpse of someone under the water. I feel scared. I can barely make out a smiling face next to me and wake up wondering who the hell that was.

A few months have passed since this event, and this is when I met my ex. She contacted me through a common friend and we started talking about anything from the purpose of life to oobes and paranormal experiences. After a few months of chatting, she starts opening up about her experiences and it turned out a few were quite similar to mine. Or at least that’s what she said.

Anyhow, flash forward quite a few months and it’s August 2010. We are supposed to meet the next day. I go to bed, fall asleep and wake up after a while. I am not entirely lucid. Even though I am awake, I feel like my body is numb and everything is going in slow motion. I feel a presence on my bed, and even though I can’t see anything, I feel I am being touched in different parts on my body. I feel myself lean forward, even though I didn’t order my body to do so. My mouth opens and I start to feel the strangest kiss, as there was nothing I could see, but only smell and touch. This feeling goes on for a few minutes, until I sense that presence leaving and go back to sleep. The next day, we meet and she brings up the experience. At this point, I am extremely happy as I think I have finally found someone with whom I can share the whacky things that have been going on in my life for so long.

I won’t go into the details of what happened in the following months. Suffice it to say as the time goes by with her, I start to realise something wasn’t quite right with her. I start to notice her accounts of her experiences don’t add up. I realise she is being influenced by new-age concepts, some of which are absolutely ridiculous. I am not going to go into the details of what she is/does/thinks/believes as I would think it’s not really my business.

As I realise these – and many other – things, I break up with her. It is August of 2011, I am 24. She goes completely nuts. She starts to stalk me and my friends and is severely delusional.

It is now early December. She has been harassing me and my friends in the attempt to get closer to me for months now. I have established a policy of no-contact for quite a while though. She keeps violating it. I receive a text message from her stating she needs to talk to me. I don’t reply. I get another couple of similar messages until I get one stating “This is serious. I need to talk to you about home”. Unsure what to think, I go to sleep.

I wake up the next morning to find an email of hers complaining about me not picking up the phone. I almost trashed it, until I realised it somehow stated that her and I are from a different planet, and somehow something major is happening or has happened or is going to happen (not clear, I’m afraid) and she absolutely needs to talk to me about this. I also ignore this message.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Flash forward to today. By now, I am absolutely certain she is delusional and needs medical attention. I think the situation has already gone far enough when she is intercepted by one of my friends during one of her attempts to stalk me. So they chat for an hour, and it turns out she goes all in and tells my friend that we are both from the Pleiades and I’m some kind of chosen person and that so is she. And so she goes on saying that in order to complete her awakening, whatever that is, she needs me and somehow we have to complete a spiritual journey together in order to obtain our powers and get in touch with our fellow Pleiadians. And since I don’t even want to speak to her, I’m holding both myself and her back. And time is also running out for whatever reason, so apparently we must awaken now.

So that’s that. As I fully realise how delusional she is, I google Pleiadians, a longshot I thought. But no. It turns out she isn’t the only insane person. There’s a whole bunch of them. And that brings me back to ATS.

If you have reached this part of the page without skipping, you are probably a much better person than I am. But if you have, you will know that I am open-minded about paranormal things. You will know of some of my past experiences.

So to you I ask you this:

Am I insane? What is wrong with me? And what the ef is going on with Pleiadians and my ex?

My name is Ken Bark and this was My Story.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Seems like you have alot of theory to catch up on. I tell you there is a solution for you and it is right in front of your nose, I guess it is no coincidence I saw your post..

In my opinion there is only one theory(the theory of Falun Dafa, made public in 1992 by Master Li Hongzhi) in this world which can make you realize who you really are, why you have all these paranormal "troubles"(creditors from past lives are after you??) and help you to get rid of this bad stuff and establish a clear mind and an illness free body. Probably you have pretty good inborn quality so you can have your weird experiences in a meditative state.

I sincerely recommend you to read the book Zhuan Falun in my signature link below, it deals with all these things that you mention including the third eye logics, paranormal phenomena, how to become a good person etc etc. One hundred million people study the book every day and that can not be a coincidence.

Also I believe you would benefit if you tried the Falun Dafa exercises to cleanse your body. They can be downloaded on Youtube. Being a human being is first of all about becoming a good person.

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hello and thank you, especially for taking the time to go through all of that.

I did a bit of reading about the book you suggested, and this paragraph from Wikipedia caught my eye:

"Falun Gong beliefs "incorporate traditional morality...as well as some idiosyncratic notions, such as the existence of extraterrestrial life" and segregated heavens for people of different races.[59] Falun Gong is described "wacky" by Time and "peculiar" in the New York Times for having a belief set which includes having the Falun in the bellies of practitioners, followers have celestial eyes in their foreheads. Li furthermore believes "humankind is degenerating and demons are everywhere", extraterrestrials are infiltrating the earth, and that Africa boasts a 2-billion-year-old nuclear reactor.[60] Li claims superpowers such as flight, though he says it is against his enlightened nature to do so in public.[61]

Falun Gong's conservative and moralistic beliefs on topics like homosexuality and interracial marriage have also attracted some controversy, as in 2001 when a nomination of Li Hongzhi for the Nobel Peace Prize by San Francisco legislators was withdrawn after they were notified of the group's views.[62][63][64]"

Now that reminds me exactly of the Pleiadians. Same problem. This guy is claming a whole lot of stuff without providing any evidence of sorts. Why should i listen to him?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hokaku

Well, do you believe everything you read? Here are some hidden criticism in this passage of text. Wikipedia uses some words like "peculiar" but don´t point out exactly what is said. This all comes from the Chinese Communist Party who has slanderred Falun Dafa enormously all over the world. People need to look at the facts by themselves.

Please read the book and you will know exactly what Falun Dafa is all about. There is nothing against interracial marriages in Falun Dafa and many practitioners are married to people from other races. Of course, if you want to cultivate to high levels you should stop doing bad actions which generate black karma. One of those actions is homosexuality, other actions that generate black karma are taking drugs, killing people, slanderring other people, stealing other people´s things etc. This was just common sense in traditional society, it is just that these days people don´t believe that their words or actions count(in other dimensions).

In any case, for people who are not Falun Dafa practitioners we do not have any demands or hold anything against them, no matter how they live their lives. We just try to be good people, that is all. And Falun Dafa is a huge thing in this world, it is just that few people know its meaning and its enormous importance. I could quote 10 prophecies on the arrival of Falun Dafa. Already the famous legend from the city of Falun came true in 1992 when Master Li introduced Falun Dafa to the world.

About Master Li Hongzhi saying anything about flying - if anyone can quote it I am happy to comment on it, until then I see it as a rumour and nothing else. Supernormal powers do exist but they should never be shown off in ordinary society.

edit on 20-12-2011 by Gaussq because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hokaku

Hey man,
I read your story. And your not crazy. Far from it. There are a bunch of people channeling messages from other beings. U2U me i can explain more. galacticchannelings.com...
This is real stuff man. Dont let people put doubt in your heart. Everyone is special, everyone will be called. Your being called now. I would contact her asap. And hear her out in a safeplace if you must. Also look into star children or star seeds. You are clearly one. Remember to be a loving soul which is your true self, and you will be safe. Please take this seriously and do not let the ignorant make you double geuss yourself.
The awakening is 2012. It is the end of a cycle. Not the world. We are waking up. The earth is cleaning herself. Its always darkest before dawn. Have faith :3 dont let negative hateful people get to you. They are of lower vibrations.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by hokaku

Hey man,
I read your story. And your not crazy. Far from it. There are a bunch of people channeling messages from other beings. U2U me i can explain more. galacticchannelings.com...
This is real stuff man. Dont let people put doubt in your heart. Everyone is special, everyone will be called. Your being called now. I would contact her asap. And hear her out in a safeplace if you must. Also look into star children or star seeds. You are clearly one. Remember to be a loving soul which is your true self, and you will be safe. Please take this seriously and do not let the ignorant make you double geuss yourself.
The awakening is 2012. It is the end of a cycle. Not the world. We are waking up. The earth is cleaning herself. Its always darkest before dawn. Have faith :3 dont let negative hateful people get to you. They are of lower vibrations.

(Note - I started this topic on another account which I have created as I couldn't remember the password to this one)

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I'm very open on anything spiritual. Pleiadians are a bit much. There is absolutely no evidence for any of their claims and their story is full of wholes. Just for starters, the Pleiades are stars, not planets, and they are very young and gassy, and wouldn't be able to support humanoid life.

Also, I guess I would remember being a "starseed", wouldn't I?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by k33l

Most starseeds dont. Same w reincarnation. We are here to learn. And we can learn if we remember everything else. And stars cant support life? What is our definition of life based on? Earth. I mean what could it hurt to hear this chick out? Problem solved. I mean worst case she makes a fool of herself. But approach this opportunity with an open clear mind. And dont believe everything we have been taught. As many a famous movie masters would say, you cant learn if your glass is full. Our glasses have been filled by the msm and secret societies. So just empy yours a little bit and seeif you can get a little truth. And if not. Well you will have one hell of a crazy ex story :3

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
YAWN another chosen one has come to ATS to let us in on his little secret.

The pleiadian people are a figment of another's delusion..but hey if want to believe your special...go right ahead.

To bad your just like everyone else...except most don't need to pretend to be special in order to feel good about ourselves...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

May i ask why you post? Is it to be little someone you do not know? Just because you dont see beauty in life. Just because you do not experience the paranormal. Do you feel the need to attack another human being? I mean if you think he is a fraud, and someone looking for attention, is it not easier to just ignore this person? Why do you feel the need to insult this person?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

May i ask why you post?

CUZ I CAN

All this love light and peace BS is nauseating, but that is not why I post...I post because it is people like the OP that make this place a joke.

I also cannot stand people who insist on making attention seeking threads get a life or something if your need attention.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I may have had occurrences with the paranormal but I do not know...because I have not looked into it..because I really do not care.

Hauntings or not..in the end my life is no different ...better or worse...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
YAWN another chosen one has come to ATS to let us in on his little secret.

The pleiadian people are a figment of another's delusion..but hey if want to believe your special...go right ahead.

To bad your just like everyone else...except most don't need to pretend to be special in order to feel good about ourselves...

Hi there. Not sure if you read the whole of my story, but anyways...

I'm not a chosen one. I don't think I'm anything special at all, and the only reason I posted any of this (or anything that I wrote on the other thread, for that matter) is because I'm being stalked. I don't know if you've ever been stalked, but trust me, it is a very unpleasant situation.

Since she seems to be part of this pleiadian cult, I was just hoping someone could tell me what they want and how dangerous they are.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You sound awfully close minded then. So your opinion is of no value. Its ok. I just see a bully. Its ok. You make fun of people you dont agree with to make yourself feel better. Judgemental thats a good quality to have. Thanks for giving me the answer i knew you would.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by k33l

Most starseeds dont. Same w reincarnation. We are here to learn. And we can learn if we remember everything else. And stars cant support life? What is our definition of life based on? Earth. I mean what could it hurt to hear this chick out? Problem solved. I mean worst case she makes a fool of herself. But approach this opportunity with an open clear mind. And dont believe everything we have been taught. As many a famous movie masters would say, you cant learn if your glass is full. Our glasses have been filled by the msm and secret societies. So just empy yours a little bit and seeif you can get a little truth. And if not. Well you will have one hell of a crazy ex story :3

I've done my bit of reading on starseeds and ok, fair enough I might not remember. But, at least according to the version I found on their website, my parents should be able to recall making a deal with an extra-terrestrial entity. I mean, arranging a DNA implant can't possibly be an easy thing to do, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by k33l

Id suggest read around. Get a general idea. I really dont wanna have to explain demensions to ya. But just humor me if you dont believe yet. They live in 4-6th demensions. Your soul is part of higher demensions/vibrations. So say they can control it. Idk how im not an alien scientist :3 or just say simply they are more spiritually advanced than us. They can talk to the dead. Like a lot of psychics here can. And they guide them or visa versa. I cant even begin to understand how they do it. But it feels right to me. I trust my intuition. Just like your teacher tells you. Your first geuss is prob the best one....ya

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

reply to post by k33l

Id suggest read around. Get a general idea. I really dont wanna have to explain demensions to ya. But just humor me if you dont believe yet. They live in 4-6th demensions. Your soul is part of higher demensions/vibrations. So say they can control it. Idk how im not an alien scientist :3 or just say simply they are more spiritually advanced than us. They can talk to the dead. Like a lot of psychics here can. And they guide them or visa versa. I cant even begin to understand how they do it. But it feels right to me. I trust my intuition. Just like your teacher tells you. Your first geuss is prob the best one....ya

I'm sorry if you somehow got the message I was snickering at you - believe me that was not the case.

I don't think you have to explain dimensions to me either. Actually, I don't think anybody should have to explain "dimensions" to anybody else - there are so many "dimensions" within each of us that not understanding what they are and represent, I believe, is simply impossible for any sane human being.

Please explain how my soul is part of higher dimensions/vibrations and what you mean exactly by "they can control it". And who is "they"? Also, where are you getting this information from? Just curious here

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by k33l

Lol ok, well where do i start.... I am by no means enlightened, so i def cant give like first hand experiences about the soul. But just say the Pleiadians, or however they want to spell it, just exist in the 5th demension, we are currently in the 3rd. 2012 is the end of a cycle. This cycle is going to lead us into the 5th demension. The last time the earth had a shot like this, was atlantis. But we failed. So we had to restart after we killed ourselves. Life is for our soul to get experience. Our soul is eternal. So we will have as many shots as we need to reach a point in our spirituality. As for these aliens, they are just like us, except they live in the 5-9th demension. The arcturians living in the 8-9th. 9th demension is where nirvana is. So if there are types of aliena that live in "heaven" it would be easy for them to plant starseeds before the soul chooses a body. Its all a very interesting read. There are far too many accounts from abductees, channellers, ancient texts to think this is fake. I hope that answers something

top topics

join