It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little story for some holiday cheer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So, as of right now I am watching the Robot Chicken Star Wars episode on Adult Swim and it got me thinking about my adventure yesterday at the mall, and what I experienced there, as well as last year at the same time.

Every year, the local mall in my home town has a shop opened up for The Salvation Army. To spread some holiday cheer and general happiness, a bunch of people always dress up as Star Wars characters. Last year there was R2D2, a Storm Trooper, a Pilot Storm Trooper (One of the black ones), and another bot like R2D2 (I've never actually seen Star Wars, so sorry if I mix my information on characters.) This year there were 4 Storm Troopers, one of those sand creature guys, a Pilot Storm Trooper (the black ones), R2D2, C3PO, and a few others I know nothing about.
The look on all of the little kids faces as they saw the characters and got to take pictures with them is something I'll never forget. One little girl went up to the Pilot Storm Trooper, gave him the biggest smile I've ever seen, and gave him a high-five and a hug. That little girl reminded me what Christmas is truly about.
Christmas is about happiness and joy. Being able to enjoy yourself and have fun. To be there for others in their time of need, and to be with friends and family.

Here are some photos of my trip there last year on my birthday.

Sadly, I do not have any images from yesterday, as my phone hadn't been working properly for the past few days.

ETA: This year, the guy that was controlling R2D2 had him whistle at myself, my sister, and our friend as we walked by, which made our experience even better.

edit on 18/12/2011 by Believer101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I've never actually seen Star Wars

How is that even humanly possible? George Lucas will not be pleased that someone has immunity to his empire of marketing.

Those are decent costumes, no messing around with these guys. That is a good idea to make the little ones smile, and for the adults to get more use out of their expensive Halloween costumes.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

I've never actually seen Star Wars

How is that even humanly possible? George Lucas will not be pleased that someone has immunity to his empire of marketing.

Those are decent costumes, no messing around with these guys. That is a good idea to make the little ones smile, and for the adults to get more use out of their expensive Halloween costumes.

I've just never taken the time to see it. I know a lot about Star Wars, but never seen it.
Lol I do agree, they are great costumes. Of course, it's better to see it in person, but pictures have to do. I love that they have them there for the kids and the adults. It's an amazing experience to be there and have them there as well.

join