It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict XVI and His Failing Health

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

People who have spent time with him recently say they found him weaker than they’d ever seen him, seemingly too tired to engage with what they were saying. He no longer meets individually with visiting bishops. A few weeks ago he started using a moving platform to spare him the long walk down St. Peter’s Basilica.

Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi has said no medical condition prompted the decision to use the moving platform in St. Peter’s, and that it’s merely designed to spare the pontiff the fatigue of the 100-meter walk to and from the main altar.

“Indeed I was struck by what appeared to me as the decline in Benedict’s strength and health over the last half year,” said Rabbi David Rosen, who had a place of honor next to the pope at the Assisi event as head of interfaith relations at the American Jewish Committee.

Source

While I understand the pope is almost 85...

And 85 year old people don't typically hop, skip and jump but...

With all the world leaders that have died this year...
I figured it was worth noting to keep our eye on the Pope...
in the next few months
cos it seems he is running low on steam.

edit on 12/18/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I've got to pray for him, as I would for anyone who is ill. He is a leader who is not concerned for personal power, but only for his people. Not perfect. I wish him well, and peace. I hope others pray for him as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I am not Catholic...

But....

My prayers are with him as well...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After studying various prophecies over time, I have come to believe something of importance will occur in 2012. It may be the end, or a beginning.

The prophecy of St. Malachy had the current pope as the second to last (although some dispute this.) I figured if the prophecy were true, then Pope Benedict would have to either be killed or die in the near future. Despite his age, going into his term as pope, I felt that he seemed too healthy to not last through 2012. This latest news definitely peaked my interest.

If he does kick the bucket my pucker factor will increase significantly.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Premature comment but if he dies...."DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD...THE WICKED WITCH"
edit on 18-12-2011 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I know this is bad of me to say this but ima say it anyway. I hope he ... dammit can't think of 1 way for him to die he deserves them all. He and his vatican are pure evil. May they all burn for their sins and evil.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Annunak1 because: i typed day instead of die. leave me alone it's 6 am in here and im at work

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I've got to pray for him, as I would for anyone who is ill. He is a leader who is not concerned for personal power, but only for his people. Not perfect. I wish him well, and peace. I hope others pray for him as well.
So what exactly gives you reason to think that he is not concerned for personal power
and what good has he actually done?
For once its good to hear people say they are going to pray because we all know it aint going to help

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

He is a leader who is not concerned for personal power, but only for his people.

Do you have any proof of this claim?

Many would strongly disagree.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

He is a leader who is not concerned for personal power, but only for his people.

Do you have any proof of this claim?

Many would strongly disagree.

It is only fair to say...

Does the many have proof to their claim?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThrowCatsAtCacti

Pope Benedict XVI actually tried harder than anyone else to clean the mess up, others just ignored it or participated in it. He did not sweep it under the carpet, While he was known still as Ratzinger he convinced Pope John Paul II to place all further inquiry into the abuses under the authority of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith who he was convinced could handle it better. Not only that but as head of CFD he had it placed under Church law that it would be against canonical law to commit internet offenses against children, extension of child abuse offenses to cover sexual abuse of anyone under 18, case by case waiving statute of limitations and enacting fast track dismissal from the clerical state for all offenders.

Pope Benedict XVI while still Cardinal Ratzinger tried to pursue Father Marcial Maciel Degollado, a Mexican priest who had been acused of sexual abuse against children but was stopped by Pope John Paul II and other high ranking officials in the Church. Upon becoming Pope he forced Degollado out of the Church. Not only that but he also pushed for Pope John Paul II to investigate reported abuses by that Pope’s close friend Hans Hermann Groer, which resulted in his resignation. He also issued a guideline that states all civil law will concerning the reporting of crimes will be followed, as has always been done in the United States.

So before you start accusing him of not doing enough to help resolve the issue and bring justice, get your facts straight.

ncronline.org...

Also I shall pray for the health and happiness of our Pope; the Vicarius Iesu Christi.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Dear NuclearPaul,

Look at the comments above. Would proof mean anything to anybody here? And what would you accept as proof, his writings?

And is there anyone that you wish to go to Hell? For a moment, I'm stunned.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

As an aside...according to your name, it's ok to torture animals but not ok for the pope to torture animals (do i need to say humans are animals)?
edit on 18-12-2011 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Although the national catholic reporter is clearly an unbiased source.. the things you state dont really go far enough and seem to be a case of talking the talk not walking the walk.
A man in his position has great power and the potential of good he could do is huge, in a influence and power scale his actions are no different from your average person spending 1 hour a year in a soup kitchen.
He has covered up pedophile crimes by paying off the victims and this is known, it doesnt matter if you do it once or one million times, it is still scum.
The vatican is in control of billions of dollars in gold and assets yet do not even use 10% of their power and influence to help the problems they convince followers they are so adament at stopping.
I could go on for ages but the fact is that the pope and vatican are evil

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Thank you, Misoir, for denying ignorance. In this thread you should win the ATS award for denying ignorance.
The current pope just looks kind of like the Star Wars Emperor. As far as popes go, he's actually been a pretty decent one.
Anyway, I don't know that wishing for horrible ways for him to die or for his eternal damnation indicate the inclinations of a rational or moral person.

Best to him. But if he does die, we'll see if this Malachy prophecy has any beef.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid

As an aside...according to your name, it's ok to torture animals but not ok for the pope to torture animals (do i need to say humans are animals)?
edit on 18-12-2011 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)
So clearly you dont have an argument?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
For anyone interested this is a prayer for the Pope written by perhaps my favorite (if you can have favorites), Pope Leo XIII.

O Lord, we are the millions of believers, humbly kneeling at Thy feet and begging Thee to preserve, defend and save the Sovereign Pontiff for many years. He is the Father of the great fellowship of souls and our Father as well. On this day, as on every other day, he is praying for us also, and is offering unto Thee with holy fervor the sacred Victim of love and peace.

Wherefore, O Lord, turn Thyself toward us with eyes of pity; for we are now, as it were, forgetful of ourselves, and are praying above all for him. Do Thou unite our prayers with his and receive them into the bosom of Thine infinite mercy, as a sweet savor of active and fruitful charity, whereby the children are united in the Church to their Father. All that he asks of Thee this day, we too ask it of Thee in unison with him.

Whether he weeps or rejoices, whether he hopes or offers himself as a victim of charity for his people, we desire to be united with him; nay more, we desire that the cry of our hearts should be made one with his. Of Thy great mercy grant, O Lord, that not one of us may be far from his mind and his heart in the hour that he prays and offers unto Thee the Sacrifice of Thy blessed Son. At the moment when our venerable High Priest, holding in His hands the very Body of Jesus Christ, shall say to the people over the Chalice of benediction these words: "The peace of the Lord be with you always," grant, O Lord, that Thy sweet peace may come down upon our hearts and upon all the nations with new and manifest power. Amen."

catholicism.about.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I wonder if this has anything to do with the health issues. Maybe he left a little something for his successor?

In his book 'Behold a Pale Horse,' former US Naval Intelligence Officer William Cooper relates a story associated with the IG Farben Chemical Company.

In the early 1940s, that company employed a Polish chemist and salesman who sold cyanide gas, Zyklon B and Malathion to the Nazis for extermination of groups of people in Auschwitz. After the war the salesman joined the Catholic church and was ordained a priest. In 1958 he became Poland's youngest bishop and after Pope John Paul I's mysterious death, the ex-cyanide gas salesman Karol Wojtyla was elected to the papacy as Pope John Paul II in October 1978.

Source

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThrowCatsAtCacti
reply to post by Misoir

Although the national catholic reporter is clearly an unbiased source.. the things you state dont really go far enough and seem to be a case of talking the talk not walking the walk.
A man in his position has great power and the potential of good he could do is huge, in a influence and power scale his actions are no different from your average person spending 1 hour a year in a soup kitchen.
He has covered up pedophile crimes by paying off the victims and this is known, it doesnt matter if you do it once or one million times, it is still scum.
The vatican is in control of billions of dollars in gold and assets yet do not even use 10% of their power and influence to help the problems they convince followers they are so adament at stopping.
I could go on for ages but the fact is that the pope and vatican are evil

The Catlick Church certainly has its issues, but evil!?!

I suggest you check out the millions that go to the poor via the Church. Or perhaps the thousands of missionaries in Africa, Asia, and elsewhere. Catholic Charities works hard to provide adoptions for abandoned babies.
And of course, the pot lucks. My dear God, the pot lucks!

And Mardi Gras. And St. Patrick's day (My liver would agree with you that those are evil, I guess).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join