Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Ping Pong is Dead!

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Fact : fewer and fewer kids are coming into the game of table tennis.
What to do about it?
Well, the ball is in YOUR court.

Don't shoot the messanger, man.




posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
What the heck is ping pong?



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Wow



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Spirograph is also on the decline.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Like any other sports, corporatist greed is to blame. Have you seen the prices of the equipments needed to play Ping-Pong?

PS: When I first read your title, I thought you were talking about Kim-Jong... or what.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Not quite as impressive as Bruce Lee but a good watch none the less.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38
 


First Kim Jong, now Ping Pong!



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
ok first off this isn't a repeat post for Kim Jong's demise....

Not in juvenile detention... Future world champs in these places.



posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Do kids even know what marbles are anymore?



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by pshea38
 


First Kim Jong, now Ping Pong!


And i haven't heard from King Kong in a while!
I am worried. These things always happen in threes.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by pshea38
 


First Kim Jong, now Ping Pong!


And i haven't heard from King Kong in a while!
I am worried. These things always happen in threes.


Pssst! I think King Kong died way back in 19something-black-and-white-era. A possibility for number 3 might be umm...
*mumbles something about loldongs*



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I was in a Thailand bar last year,
I can assure you that ping pong is alive and well



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I guess someone forgot to tell the Chinese that Ping Pong is dead. They have thriving Ping Pong schools with no shortage of students learning the sport. Granted this might be the case in the US but then again it never was a national sport like in China.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Ping Pong is a great game. Kids mostly play video games.
Bruce Lee was amazing. Crazy.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NowanKenubi
Like any other sports, corporatist greed is to blame. Have you seen the prices of the equipments needed to play Ping-Pong?

PS: When I first read your title, I thought you were talking about Kim-Jong... or what.


I saw Mythbusters (the t.v. show) just f*ing wasting thousands of ping pong balls,
seeing how many it would take to raise a ship from the sea-bed. WTH? Why not
just use a crane, FFS? I nearly s**t green at the needless waste of thousnds of
perfectly functioning ping-pong balls (they just don't work when wet)!

Don't even get me started on what they did on another show with four complete
(dead) adult pig cadavres, with the forks and the cola and everything.
Jesus! Disgusting AND very wasteful!
R.I.P. Bacon-Butties, my ARSE! (Although one of the presenters likes to take the meat
home after the mythBUSTING
. Sick (but not as wasteful), if you ask me.

I agree with you that it's all the Queens fault, BTW.

This is how many thumbs down
i give the whole earthy mostly empty can of otherwise
full worms and their seedy practices exposed by your good-self PheasantPlucker.
(It's more than 5 - Lol- and it's more than 19 or 43- Lol again!)



SomeOne recently told me to shove my thumb where the sun don't shine, and
I told her 'yeah, on the inner depths of Uranus! She was stuck for a response on
that one, Granny was! Burned! Lol.

P.S. I see you are not PheasantPlucker! The Olde Switcheroo, I suspect
Ah well. Credit where it's due, I suppose!

Did we really fail? Did we really?
It's Out-There, now. Lol! Lol!



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Originally posted by pshea38

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by pshea38
 


First Kim Jong, now Ping Pong!


And i haven't heard from King Kong in a while!
I am worried. These things always happen in threes.


Pssst! I think King Kong died way back in 19something-black-and-white-era. A possibility for number 3 might be umm...
*mumbles something about loldongs*


What is a Lol-Dong Speed? It sounds scary and dirty?

BTW the world wasn't really black and white back then. Only the U.S.
Rumours about KingKongs demise are greatly exagerated. He faked his death
(in B&W FFS!) to escape the media attention (and the excessive sexual demands of his
over-bearing female woman wife).

BTW Please don't Pssst! me. I am already very sensitive about my temporary
stammering affliction. KingKong could live up to 1183 1/2 in the wild.
LongLiveKingKong!! (LLKK)



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
I was in a Thailand bar last year,
I can assure you that ping pong is alive and well


And I am going to take the word of someone with a name like

LeLeu - LeLoo - The Loo - THE TOILET!

Yeah Right! I know your game, mr.crapper!
You are not bringing me down with you.
Pull the other one.

Next.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pshea38
 

Loldongs and roflcopters kinda go hand in hand, well, maybe not your hand. It is not rude so much as crude and often something used to indicate humour. In this case I used it because it rhymed with King Kong and Kim Il Jong, it was not an attempt at rudeness. I don't like being rude, I aim more for humour, albeit sometimes a little coarse. But again, this case was just because it rhymed. A loldong is a flying, humourous penis and a roflcopter is a rolling on the floor laughing copter. Yes, well... Ahem! Both are a kind of meme The psst! was a quiet one, not something designed to agitate you.


I like King Kong and the remake was freaking fantabulous. A real love story.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
I guess someone forgot to tell the Chinese that Ping Pong is dead. They have thriving Ping Pong schools with no shortage of students learning the sport. Granted this might be the case in the US but then again it never was a national sport like in China.


This is a lie and more BS false propaganda!
NO-ONE in china has ever heard of, let alone played PingPong.
Google Hu-Fulung-Dung and you will see what I mean!

The chinese national sport is beginner twister - normal twister but with all the same
colour circles (your choice of colour).
Very popular and more assessible to the older and more fragile.



posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by pshea38
 

Loldongs and roflcopters kinda go hand in hand, well, maybe not your hand. It is not rude so much as crude and often something used to indicate humour. In this case I used it because it rhymed with King Kong and Kim Il Jong, it was not an attempt at rudeness. I don't like being rude, I aim more for humour, albeit sometimes a little coarse. But again, this case was just because it rhymed. A loldong is a flying, humourous penis and a roflcopter is a rolling on the floor laughing copter. Yes, well... Ahem! Both are a kind of meme The psst! was a quiet one, not something designed to agitate you.




Thanks for clearing that up. I wonder are there many injuries from all the loldongs that
must be floating about....' Yeah i was just standind there when a massive loldong
slapped me right in the eye!


I like King Kong and the remake was freaking fantabulous. A real love story.


I've heard of the movie KingDong. Bit of a letdown by all reports.
Are you sure you are not mixing movies up?






top topics



 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join