It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Policy Polling : Ron Paul the FRONT RUNNER @ 23% in Iowa.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Occam's Razor.

Occam's Razor

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

My support for Ron Paul is not hidden, I have explained plenty in the past why I think he should be president.

I won't even entertain your topic of 9/11 because a new investigation on 9/11 is not the main reason I support Ron Paul. Actually it is on the low priority side of my list.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Then you don't know how all of this works.

And if you're not going to bother to look for the information necessary before you come 'full stop' to these conclusions, then a thoughtfully written explanation wouldn't help either. There is tons of information on Ron Paul here on ATS and how he COULD win.

He would win a general election against Obama, easily, but the GOP nomination is the biggest barrier.

Even hardcore liberals want to campaign for Ron because of the disgusting treatment he is getting

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just have 2 words!

# YEAH!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I really think Ron Paul is going to win. People are desperate for change. That's the reason Obama won, but everyone soon found out he's just business as usual. Ron Paul's appeal is across the board. Most people see through the media lies about this man. If Ron Paul wins it means the establishment republicans are dead.

Go Ron Paul

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Would say thanks for the replys but, typically, none of them had a thing to do with what I asked. I didn't challenge ANYONE'S belief in Ron Paul. I stated up front I was a Paul supporter. I also asserted that in my opinion, may people seem to support Paul for reasons that simply arent true; i.e. 9-11. I was also challenged on my understanding of the primary process. Oh, and one guy chimed in to say he's answered this question plenty of times and he's not going to answer. 'Course, he could have answered the question in less time than it took him to publicly announce he would not respond..........

So, again, what do you think Ron Paul is going to do for you?
edit on 23-12-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I can agree with Representative Paul on some things but on others like the environment, education, tribal law and whistle blowers I have to disagree. Based on his congressional voting record, I could not possibly vote for the man. When he's running for president he doesn't vote. To take time off from Congress to run for President, well he's cheating the taxpayers.

www.votesmart.org...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by alonzo730

Thanks for the reply Alonzo!

I'm like you in that I really like Mr. Paul generally. On the other hand, he has a lot of baggage we dont discuss here. I guess my main point is that even though we, in this community, talk about him a lot, I'm not sure many posters understand the full picture. This would lead to a better understanding of why he doesn’t win Republican primaries. Since he doesn't win the primaries, the general electorate doesn’t get a chance to vote for him. The other side of the coin is, outside of this echo chamber, would the general electorate vote for him based on the totality of all his statements and positions? I don't think so. I don’t think the republican establishment does either. I could be very, very wrong. If I am honest, I must allow for that.

Will those that disagree with me, allow for the idea they might be wrong? Meaning, auditing the Fed is something virtually everyone is interested in. No doubt. But, is this singular issue enough to catapult him into the Whitehouse? How about Mr. Paul’s stance on Iran & nukes? Essentially, his plan is 'who cares, leave them alone.' Now, Mr. Paul has never said those words; that’s a gross over simplification for the sake of brevity. Those are just a few of the other issues I am talking about.

Again, I’m not knocking Mr. Paul. I like him. I'm trying to interject a realistic discussion as to what the political landscape looks like, outside of a conspiracy forum.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc
I really think Ron Paul is going to win. People are desperate for change. That's the reason Obama won, but everyone soon found out he's just business as usual. Ron Paul's appeal is across the board. Most people see through the media lies about this man. If Ron Paul wins it means the establishment republicans are dead.

Go Ron Paul

Don't forget the establishment Democrats, they're in on the scam too.

Of my friends and family 6 are Democrats, and they are all voting for Ron Paul. 2 of the 6 volunteered for Obama's campaign last time around.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
I can agree with Representative Paul on some things but on others like the environment, education, tribal law and whistle blowers I have to disagree. Based on his congressional voting record, I could not possibly vote for the man. When he's running for president he doesn't vote. To take time off from Congress to run for President, well he's cheating the taxpayers.

www.votesmart.org...

Have you looked back at Obama's voting record while an Illinois state senator and as the Senator from Illinois?

I agree that our political system is badly broken, but to fix it we need a man with conviction.

Obama ran on getting us out of Iraq and Afghanistan, and closing Gitmo to give everyone there a trial. He's broken 90% of his campaign promises, Ron Paul has been consistant for decades, I seriously doubt that will change if he wins.

In a straight matchup on stance and conviction nobody running holds a candle to Paul.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I agree with Ron Pauls political stance on most issues. I'm even wearing my Ron Paul tee-shirt today (2008)....but I also realize a few things about the Powers that be and the U.S. political process. Polls and numbers mean nothing. The Powers that be are not going to leave the office of the President of the United States up to the "common people".

The Powers that be will put in office whoever they want. Your vote and mine means nothing. Kinda time to grow up and realize that...and... (as William Cooper and others have said)....its simply to late for the U.S., and the world.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

If you need proof thats its too late for the American people....notice how Obama is going to pass the bill that will take away the rest of your constitutional rights. And there is nothing that can be done about it. This bill is getting passed now so they can round up all those who are against the New World Order. Similar to how Hitler prepared Germany for what he was going to do...........rather than worry about politicans....you and I should begin to decide wear we will draw a line in the sand and are you willing to go to one of FEMA's camps. Those are the decisions people need to be thinking about now.....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsha
I agree with Ron Pauls political stance on most issues. I'm even wearing my Ron Paul tee-shirt today (2008)....but I also realize a few things about the Powers that be and the U.S. political process. Polls and numbers mean nothing. The Powers that be are not going to leave the office of the President of the United States up to the "common people".

The Powers that be will put in office whoever they want. Your vote and mine means nothing. Kinda time to grow up and realize that...and... (as William Cooper and others have said)....its simply to late for the U.S., and the world.

You can give up and slink back into a state of permanent apathy if you want.

But the rest of us are going to fight for our country back.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Now, I realize this is a little off topic, but I've seen some here talk about Paul's stance on Iran and foreign policy in general. I'm certain many here have seen this video, but I was affected by this that I feel compelled to share it. Pardon my lack of pc knowledge, I'm going to try linking this. www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

I'm not in a state of apathy. Your assuming I have a defeatest attitude. I don't. But this is a very complicated global situation we are facing. I have studied the issues we are all discussing here at ATS for many years using primary source material. I taught history and philosophy. The forces that are at work here are way to powerful for the citizens of the U.S. to overcome. Other people, again such as William Cooper who died for his stance against these forces, also realize that it is too late to overcome them. There are several options left to us:

1. We can use the voting booths to take back our country. In reality this will not work because we will only be giving a choice between one democrat and one republican and they will both be on the same team for the globalists. This is called the hegelian dialect and has been in practiced in U.S. politics for at least since JFK. Hegelian dialect teaches thesis...antithesis=synthesis. So while the U.S. people have been divided between issues such as tax hikes or abortion, the globalsist have continued with their agenda such as NAFTA, war etc. Bush pointed out in 2000 that he WOULD win Florida. He was 100% certain because it was true. Same as George Bush Sr. who all but conceded to Clinton because it was a fact that Clinton would be President. The voting booth cannot help us.

2. We can get physical and fight for our Nation. This to will not work for serveral reasons. a. The U.S. military is far more powerful than we even know. They are at LEAST 20 years ahead of us technologically. The U.S. military would likely not even have to fire a single bullet to overcome an uprising in the United States. They have sonar and mind altering technology that would cause Patriots and Resisters to end up killing themselfs. b. An attempt by U.S. citizens to fight the government would lead to exactly what the government wants: a justifiable reason to lock down martial law. Fighting the U.S. military would be counter-productive and end up with citzens that are either dead or in FEMA camps.

3. We can use knowledge and information. This is the best idea and includes non-violent protest. This is the best because we can inform citizens of what is happening and what they need to do. Non-Violent resistence also maintains ones ethical position and places the cause of persecution and unconsitutional practice on the shoulders of the government were it belongs. Again this is the best approach because it takes into consideration the reality of the situation.

So.......im not apathetic just realistic. The forces we are dealing with here are no joke. They are, through international banking, the World Bank, the IMF, the UN, NGO's, in complete control. They are in control of the following: The U.S. military, congress, the senate, office of the President, the U.S. economy, the MEDIA, hollywood, the music industry, professional sports, the sex industry, organized religions. It's too much to fight against. There are better ways to fight them and keep your soul

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

Negative people call themselves realists,
positive people call themselves happy.

You are obviously smart, and have done your research. Ultimately, they want you to believe there is nothing you can do. This is not the case.

The issue is bigger than Ron Paul. Since the american people have let them slowly erode our freedoms, it now becomes more difficult. We let them install electronic voting machines. We let them count votes without public oversight. And we let them make us believe that voting is how to make changes.

Insiders including gingrich and others laugh and respond quickly that Ron cannot win Iowa. They already know the outcome. For Ron to win would require forcing a paper ballot and counting the results live and visible to the public. They already are talking about tallying votes at a secret location.

As painful as it may sound, defeating this system will not be accomplished by voting, protesting, or direct violence. I think there are enough brilliant minds here, including yourself, that need to open a dialog and think outside the box for a solution. Otherwise, it seems unobtainable, as they designed it.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Nothing scientific about this (and I'm not going to comment, I think it may speak for itself) but I'm going to post it anyway:

www.google.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
what happens to front runners ?

dog pile !

get ready for the attack ads

they have lots of goodies on old ron

oh, and the iowa caucus winner is very seldomly the eventual nominee

and his own party doesn't want him to win the nomination

cuz he can't beat obama

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link