It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Policy Polling : Ron Paul the FRONT RUNNER @ 23% in Iowa.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Well this is a scientific poll and Public Policy Polling does have a history of accurately making predictions and comparisons, so yes Paul is indeed doing very good. Romney though is not too far behind though, neither is Gingrich, so don't break out the celebrations yet.... what matters is the Iowa caucus.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I think american cutting back on the military is key, I mean you guys have 1,000s of nukes any country thinking of invading you would be fatal to them. I like to see a decrease in the UK as well, just enforce a recuitment ban for awhile, let troops leave early, offer them positions in police forces, fire, and NHS, airports etc etc.

I know many people think this is nuts but seriously this would be better of if every country focused more on the citzens istead of world politics.

Who here wouldnt like to see more police, more hospital staff, and more fire emergrys staff including other services, I mean troops have useful skills and can be easily trainned I know its not what they signed up for but they least some choice would be there for them. If we put more money into looking after citizens instead of looking to kill them, or enforce them. This would be so much better
edit on 19-12-2011 by polos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
just had this thought of a advert for ron paul

some of america's popular ppl sit in a room, waiting for something

camera goes round looking at some celebrities, then the door opens,
another camera comes into the room,
thats america "us",
some of the ppl talk to "us" about how it has to change (a interventionscene kinda thing) at end of ad, ron paul enters the room and presents his thougts, and "fil in the glitters and soundseffects" and bam the end

(copyright btw
)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2
***snip***
You need to understand the concept of real liberty the way our founders intended. You need to understand how we would generate revenue in the absence of an income tax.

If it turns out you are right I'll be one of the first to apologize for doubting you. Meanwhile I think you are victims of clever manipulation.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

Nice, here's my idea for a commercial. Get a guy who talks really fast but is understandable, like the ones used in auctions, to read this. Have some graphics to go along with what he's saying.

Since 1913, the Federal Reserve has inflated our currency 96%. Our money is not backed by gold, and the Fed is unconstitutional.

We've spend ______ dollars fighting wars overseas, and have lost _____ lives. The following wars were unconstitutional as they were undeclared: _____, _____, _____.

The War on Drugs has cost taxpayers nearly $1 trillion dollars. Nearly a million Americans go to jail annually for drug related crimes. All illegal drugs combined annually kill only 2% of what the legal tobacco and alcohol kill.

The Bill of Rights and Constitution has been violated severely by the following things: Patriot Act, TSA, and Section 1031 of the NDAA.

As president, Ron Paul will take seriously his oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution.

"I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message"

No BS, just straight to the point facts.
edit on 19-12-2011 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***
You need to understand the concept of real liberty the way our founders intended. You need to understand how we would generate revenue in the absence of an income tax.

If it turns out you are right I'll be one of the first to apologize for doubting you. Meanwhile I think you are victims of clever manipulation.

How so?

I'd like to hear how supporting a candidate who has a proven stance for liberty, freedom and peace makes me subject to clever manipulation.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I believe that is "devalued" 96%, which would mean its been inflated 2,400%

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane

***snip***

So you began to be a big man and say you would apologize if you were wrong, but then you won't do the research to see if you ARE wrong. I think you would get along well with the manipulative elitists.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Not only is he electable but he can beat The Obamanator too.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
From what I've been hearing today from the msm, the new coordinated attack on Ron Paul is that he's crazy.

I don't think that's going to get much traction.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
CNN just reported Ron @ 15% and Perry/Bachmann climbing...

wow...seriously?

Topic is back to Romney/Gingrich, thats what they love to talk about all day long.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I have not made a decision on who to vote for yet but funny how CNN is only quoting the national poll.

I have had CNN on all afternoon as I was working. Over and over only poll they talk about is the national poll where they can play newt Romney card. Not once have they even mentioned the IOWA poll.

edit on 19-12-2011 by Tharamis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To do radical changes you need to vote radical people, Ron Paul is exactly that, I honest believe he should be voted in because the 1% do not. Even if you disagree with some of his views and policys, amercia needs change and hes exactly that. The rest are automated with the same BS, Terror this! Terror that... IRAQ WMD, now its IRAN WMD... Fear Morging the general public for control.

Ron Paul 2012!
edit on 19-12-2011 by polos because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Dude, I've been reading posts online all day where people say they were watching MSM and they reported that Ron Paul wasn't winning. They will use every dirty trick in the book to try and keep him from getting elected. I'm sure they'll go as far as doing phone call polls of people they know and can rig, if not just completely fabricating polls to match their agenda.

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or government"

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Before anyone gets too excited, you might first look up the company and their survey methodology:
(the company's webpage)

I found this particularly interesting

Our first step in weighting is to survey more than enough people. This allows us to then be able to randomly reject individual surveys from demographics that are overrepresented. For example, in our polling more women answer relative to men, and not enough African-Americans answer our surveys. Our random selection eliminates any potential bias from the rejections, plus it functions like a quota, only after the fact.

PPP also employs a mathematical weighting scheme that assigns a weight based on each demographic. For example, if a survey is 82% white and 13% black, but needs to be 77% white and 17% black, the weighting formula can fix the imbalance mathematically.

I don't see how many people were surveyed for this particular poll. In the past, they have published results where fewer than 400 people participated. It may not represent everyone who will vote. I vote in most elections and I hang up on automated calls.

This probably should be labeled "a weighted poll taken from people who will respond to automated political polling calls." Before leaping on this polls' results, check with other polls (which report results from a larger number of contacts) to see how close they are to these results.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Well Fox News is highlighting it, so you know it has to be accurate.

Right?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Paul has also won another poll, this time from Insider Advantage

www.thestatecolumn.com...

Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX), a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination, thrashed former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney to win the latest Insider Advantage poll of likely Iowa GOP caucusgoers by 6 percentage points Monday. Mr. Paul pulled in 24 percent of the votes, while Mr. Romney garnered 18 percent of the votes. Texas Governor Rick Perry earned 16 percent of the votes to finish in the top-tier. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, who was once a favorite to win the Iowa Caucuses, finished in fourth with 13 percent of the votes.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ron Paul is on fire. More and more are waking up to him!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I use to be such a Fox News fan. You go to their website now, and they say nothing about Ron Pau! Only Romneynoodle and cha-chingrich. Makes me sick!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I do not agree with RP on many issues, however- i do feel he is more truthful than the other Candidates. He seems so against the NWO. I really feel duped by this hope and change thing. I really feel like the 2 party system will lead us to ruin. The next 12-15 months will tell a lot.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join