It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Policy Polling : Ron Paul the FRONT RUNNER @ 23% in Iowa.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Keep on trucking Ron....many people are behind you, the MSM is losing it's power over the masses

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Right, so Ron Paul is the new anti-Romney. We've had Perry, Cain, Gingrich and now Ron Paul. Is there enough time to squeeze in Santorum and Bachmann as well?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by danj3ris
reply to post by wonderboy2402

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
I am twenty eight, a democrat. My folks are too. My father and I will often banter about politics, world events and lately the republican debate spectacle. Even he is starting to get what Paul has been saying for years, and he grudgingly admits that he is a superior candidate... Though it isn't hard to see why when you look at the lineup. Talk about a house divided.

I'm glad that you and your father can actually banter about politics. I ask him who he feels he might vote for for president and he tells me he believes none of them are worth it. I tell him I'm thinking that Ron Paul may be a good choice and he tells me he's the worst one. I ask him why he feels that way and he replies that he won't be voting for someone who is racist and anti-Semitic. I ask him where he read or heard that and he tells me to do my own research. I tell him I have and that I haven't seen anything racist. I ask him where to look and he doesn't want to talk about it. I tell him that if he cannot tell me where to find proof of Ron Paul being racist, then he isn't racist. He tells me in a raised voice to drop it and leaves the room.

My dad's a really smart guy, but if the current political spectrum is so uninteresting to him, I wish he wouldn't have left it on such a loaded note and expected me not to question him about it.

Congrats Dr. Paul on your gaining momentum, but seriously, what the hell did do to my dad?

P.S.

P.P.S. but still ..

Unfortunately, this is a reality for many people. Once people make up their mind about a particular candidate, it is very hard to sway them to someone else, especially when coming from a family member. Nobody like to think their choice is dumb. They'll pull out every ill informed sound bite that they can to try and discredit Ron.

Actions speak louder than words. I'd tell him that. Ask him what their candidate has done for the betterment of their community, state or nation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Just caught the tail end of the CNN interview on American Morning with Ron Paul. They were attacking him for the newsletter that came out a long time ago in which one of his writers made some racist remarks. It is very amusing to watch them attack him so fiercely on that issue because they have absolutely no ammunition except for trying to paint him as a racist, which he is obviously not considering he has been fighting for equal and fair treatment for ALL American citizens for so many years.

He has clearly stated for a long time that he did not write that article, and pointed out that if you look at all the things he has said in his speeches and all he has done for so many years that it is quite clear that he is not a racist and has actually been one of the few to point out racism in our government policies and actions.

People are really beginning to relate to the message he has been delivering for +30 years and all the MSM can do is try to claim that he is a racist. A truly pathetic attempt at trying to discredit a TRUE patriot and conservative.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by xMoralDeclinex
Just caught the tail end of the CNN interview on American Morning with Ron Paul. They were attacking him for the newsletter that came out a long time ago in which one of his writers made some racist remarks. It is very amusing to watch them attack him so fiercely on that issue because they have absolutely no ammunition except for trying to paint him as a racist, which he is obviously not considering he has been fighting for equal and fair treatment for ALL American citizens for so many years.

He has clearly stated for a long time that he did not write that article, and pointed out that if you look at all the things he has said in his speeches and all he has done for so many years that it is quite clear that he is not a racist and has actually been one of the few to point out racism in our government policies and actions.

People are really beginning to relate to the message he has been delivering for +30 years and all the MSM can do is try to claim that he is a racist. A truly pathetic attempt at trying to discredit a TRUE patriot and conservative.

I read an article a few days ago that stated that this would be the strategy if he gained momentum. This is the same old worn out bullcrap that they brought up in 2007/2008. It doesn't matter if he does 30 interviews talking about how this is a non-issue. Every media outlet will treat this as if it is factual and will make him out to be a racist. Then, only after (if this happens), he withdraws or runs 3rd party will they come out and admit that they were wrong.

Sometimes I wish he would run 3rd party as there is no difference between Republicans and Democrats except for the voting blocks that traditionally vote for these parties.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
...to make it loud and clear that Paul is ELECTABLE!

He is ALLOWED to be elected?!
By whom exactly, meaning, which person(s), who are they, where do they come from, what is their personal motivation, who funds this extravanganza? How do you know the stats presented by either camp are truthful? This is a moment which has been waited for?! Why did you wait for it? Believing in any authority outside of yourself, is the greatest insult to your own intelligence. Oh well, just be careful who you give your power/energy to.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

He makes perfect sense if you understand that the government is limited by the constitution and those things exceed the limits. He did not write the constitution but is only obeying it. At present the government has no limits and may soon be forcing you to eat your broccoli.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xMoralDeclinex

If only they would have delved into Obama's background with such energy.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by xMoralDeclinex

If only they would have delved into Obama's background with such energy.

How could they? He has a team of lawyers that has denied access to all of his past records.

Now why would anyone be so afraid of their past if they believe in transparency!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

Well, at least they cleared up that birth certificate issue, HA!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's all a dog and pony show, wooooot ron paul, hooooray for government of any kind.

I think i finally pieced ron pauls place in american politics together, he will be the next president.

Ron Paul arrives at a time when everyone is disillusioned with the state of politics, a breath of fresh air, he brings a message so many people want to hear.
Politics has become so disparate currently hardly anyone could care less about the dog and pony show.
Ron Paul changed that attitude, the youth of today are lifting him high on their shoulders and have begun a grass roots movement that is accelerating.
He will be the next president, ill tell you why.

The way things are at the moment, when a major war breaks out and people are sent draft orders, they would not care a # about them and would no doubt, ignore them, resist them, fight them.
When ron paul becomes president and the war begins, people will forget that everything is pre planned and that the third world war as forseen by albert pike has been on the table for a very long time just waiting for the right circumstances, without ron paul the political respect is not there to have the people acquiesce to government draft.
Ron Paul is the political respect required to have america take a war seriously.
you people are F****D.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

I can go with most of what you just said.

Remember what Samuel Adams said everybody?

t does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.
-Samuel Adams

We are that irate, tireless minority and there are a lot of people in America that feel this way, we just needed a man to lead this movement and speak for it, giving it credibility and inspiration to take this country back.

Ron Paul is not a savior, he is just a messenger of liberty. We will save ourselves.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
That means no one is really happy with Romney or Gingrich on issues, with Paul in the lead the odd man out, is going to be Romney. Perhaps it is because of the deficit and illegal immigration and all the freebies illegal immigrants get and they steal jobs. Another one would be Newt Gingrich simply isn't that conservative Romney comes across as a middle man, so the only thing that is left is Ron Paul. One more thing is the outside chance that supreme court would uphold Obama care as constitutional and the Republicans can't have someon running who isn't going to sign a bill repealing mandatory health care insurance.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This one is telling it true!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Rick Perry is going to be at khulys here in Ottumwa IOWA tomorrow. I think i will show up during my lunch break in my Ron Paul T Shirt and Guy Fawks mask, sit down order some wings and a beer then take a s***t on his parade. Bunch of RP people are showing up too... Rick Perry is about to get trolled

If anyone in the area wants to join in on the lulz here are direction... see ya there

sandjwebsolutions.com...
edit on 20-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
It's all a dog and pony show, wooooot ron paul, hooooray for government of any kind.

I think i finally pieced ron pauls place in american politics together, he will be the next president.

Ron Paul arrives at a time when everyone is disillusioned with the state of politics, a breath of fresh air, he brings a message so many people want to hear.
Politics has become so disparate currently hardly anyone could care less about the dog and pony show.
Ron Paul changed that attitude, the youth of today are lifting him high on their shoulders and have begun a grass roots movement that is accelerating.
He will be the next president, ill tell you why.

The way things are at the moment, when a major war breaks out and people are sent draft orders, they would not care a # about them and would no doubt, ignore them, resist them, fight them.
When ron paul becomes president and the war begins, people will forget that everything is pre planned and that the third world war as forseen by albert pike has been on the table for a very long time just waiting for the right circumstances, without ron paul the political respect is not there to have the people acquiesce to government draft.
Ron Paul is the political respect required to have america take a war seriously.
you people are F****D.

Then TPTB are SOoL. Because even if Ron Paul win's, after 20 years of "girl power" and the educational system being an "all girls club", a draft just isn't going to happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul

1. He’s a young earth creationist

2. He’s a climate change denier

3. He believes that America, founded on principles of freedom of worship by many less-than-Christian framers, is a Christian country.

4. Worse, he believes that separation of church and state is a myth

5. He is against net neutrality (you know, liberty online)

6. He believes the civil rights act had a negative impact on the country

7. His stance on safety-nets (none, please)

8. His stance on student aid (do away with it)

9. His stance on health care (including Medicare, Medicaid)

10. His stance on abortion (goodbye, Roe v. Wade)

11. He would shutter the EPA (goodbye environmental health regulations, hello toxic daily life for our children)

12. His stance on Social Security (a hindrance to freedom)

13. His stance on taxes on the super-rich (no, thank you)

14. His stance on financial regulations (none, please)

15. His lack of support for renewable energy

16. He would close the Department of Education

That being said, after Bush and Reagan, I simply find it IMPOSSIBLE to trust anyone with and "R" by their name (and no I am not an Obama supporter, he is no better).I have a sad feeling that Mr Paul will end up the same old song and dance in a different package. He will get in, propose tax breaks for the rich, deregulate anything that gets in the way of the one percent, and expect the rest of us to pull ourselves up on our boot straps, by working three 8 dollar an hour jobs until we have the house on the hill. I have a gut feeling he is a simply spouting a populust mantra to get elected, and then when he gets in it will be the same republican agenda we have seen for 30 years now, make the rich richer at the expense of everyone else. A working man voting republican is like a chicken voting for colonel Saunders. Period.
edit on 21-12-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Honest question: what do you think Ron Paul is going to for you? Before anyone launches into me; I like Ron Paul. In the interest of non-snittiness, I'll lay all my cards on the table.

My main contention is what many ascribe to Confressman Paul is simply not true. For example, it appears that many so-called 9-11 "truthers" think Mr. Paul agrees with a litney of 9-11 conspiracies & will open a new investigation. Both are not true. It seems to me, just my opinion, that many people support Mr. Paul for reasons that are just patently untrue.

That's why I asked. What are your thoughts on my assertion(s)?

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
P.S. In this very thread there are many claims that "they" have something against Ron Paul. That's semi true but, not due to any conspiracy.

Basically, Mr. Paul is popular in the states that hold primaries due to the political leanings of those particular states. Nothing 'wrong' with that. The issue is, he's a Republican. Only those politically tuned-in vote in primaries. The turn out for primaries is very, very low - typically. There may be a higher turn out than "normal" primaries due to the polarization of the American people. Meaning, Republicans are really over President Obama and are eager to vote. The key here is the electorate at large; the average joe & joe'ette. They dont have the ability to vote in primaries and most likely wouldnt if given the chance. They represent the electorate at large. The electorate, as a greater whole, does not agree with Mr. Paul.

Full stop.

That's the issue. Not a conspiracy, not motivated by evil, there is no secret cabal working to prevent Mr. Paul from being elected. It's simply a matter of the bigger picture. Can Mr. Paul win a general election? Most likely not. That's the rub. The republician establishment is concerned with winning the White House. I not saying "they" are right. I am saying that the republicain electorate-at-large does not agree with Mr. Paul. The thinking is if Mr. Paul wins the nomination, it's President Obama for four more years.

It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

Really? Because it REALLLLLLY looks like it has become a tool to quell the anger of the masses. Think Clinton's a joke? Vote for Bush, angry at Bush? Vote Obama, dissatisfied with Obama? And here we are hearing all about the Republicans again. Everyone who is a serious Dem or Rep, is so become of the same reason people smoke cigarettes, because it looks like a symbol of social status in some way, it looks "cool". The rest are flip flopping between the parties and yet in over a decade, nothing has changed, the itinerary is constant. We are fed bull# and stall tactics to make it look like something other than subversive and gradual domination of the world is happening.

Of course you would be lucky to catch any other party on the MSM, it's classic propaganda and crowd mentality, it's scary even. You don't think eventually a Dem and Rep would get together and think about using it to both parties advantage? Like this has never been discussed in Washington.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join