It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW TOPICS Screen Capture. Really!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

i think people should get their stars/flags count removed for the doubled threads if a double post occured and the mods close the thread...like you post a double thread and the mods close it all the stars and flags for OP dont count...
edit on 19-12-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

''Search before you post''? the search engine on this site sucks and is completely backwards.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019

''Search before you post''? the search engine on this site sucks and is completely backwards.

I frequently use google's site search. Or even my "search term" and add ATS or abovetopsecret after it. I usually get good results that way.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yea really, the dude who posted at 13 minutes should have known by then... like wtf guy

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
Hey! Did you guys know that Kim Jong Il died??
I think I might have to start a thread - you never know, someone might miss the 1st 15.

WHAT?!? HE DIED? When? How? ....oh wait I think I see a thread about this.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Every thread-creator thinks they are breaking the news. And checking is irrelevant. Whats relevant is that they have this need to "break items" un-checked against others...so they'd know theirs...is un-necessary. That just shows how little attention they really pay to things.

Once is enough...twice a reminder...and the third and beyond? Redundant and irrelevant.

Irks the HECK outta me too!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

not all search functions on this site "suck"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/695ec1552d90.gif[/atsimg]

funBox

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This happens WAY too much and I have stopped alerting duplicate threads cause it pisses me off and then I lose my own ATS reading time.

People are flat out lazy or they are in need of attention. It is not hard to check the boards and it takes less than 2mins.

If something like Jong dying happened an hour ago or even 5mins ago you BEST be sure there is already at least three threads on it. Remember you are not the first one to hear of something all the time, ATS is worldly, some news travels to other areas first and it gets here first.

I always check the forum it should go in for new posts, then I check the search with the most important information from the link (because let's face it NAMES come up and if you say you looked, you didn't) and then I check the New Topics Firehouse...It takes about 2-3mins and I have saved myself from making duplicate threads many times. If something is a few months old I still check the forum it would be in and use search.

It is really annoying to see 10 threads on the SAME thing even a day after. Honestly, it's just being lazy!

S&F

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

actually it's not...

before they redid it, yes it was a pain.

You just need to put in the right information like distinguishing names or words that would be in the article or thread no matter how it was addressed.

I dont find it difficult to use at all, actually I like it since it has been changed, esp the pics next to the threads now.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

ide say it lacks imagination, and is almost contrary to the other search function i exampled.

ide like to see similar functions added

does mr Santa have a "whose been naughty?" or whose been nice wish list?

rednoseBox

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Well I have to say I posted the same story also. But i wasnt at fault it was the sites fault.
Let me explan. I was allready logged in the site in one window on my browser and the story came in about the death on another site. I did the search function, nothing showed up. And the so called auto refresh on the topics page showed nothing. Soon after I closed my browser and used ccleaner to clean out cookies. Then logged into ATS just minutes later to find it had in fact been posted numerous times allready.
So before going off on peeps you should get all the facts and realize how this site works in real time or doesnt work in real time like claimed. .

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

I thought my OP was reasonably diplomatic for a rant.
I even said I had made the very same mistake in the past. And left room for its inevitability in the future. But hopefully on a smaller scale.

I certainly don't see myself as "going off on the peeps". But as others have pointed out. I only captured nine of these. There were more. And as others have pointed out, there are several ways of checking for existing threads. I don't know where you were in the list of duplicates. And it doesn't matter. But I would say there were several duplicate threads that never would have existed had the OP took the time to look around.

No need to take offense. I see this thread as a reminder to all of us to do our part in keeping this kind of thing to a minimum in the future.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I understand that. I was just pointing out that when I posted it appeared that there was no post's yet, even after a search and a refresh.Nothing showed until I did a cookie cleanse. I hope I didnt offend you, that was not my intention.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join