It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Iraq War Takes Spotlight in Kerry-Bush Fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Kerry stepped into the ring at the same site that Bush made his 2002 speech for removing Saddam, saying Bush has wasted $200 Billion on the Iraq war. Instead of spending the money at home on services like education and healthcare.
The Democrats have narrowed the issues to the war instead of focusing on the economy.
As Clinton said "Its the economy, stupid"

www.foxnews.com
CINCINNATI � John Kerry (search) blasted President Bush on Wednesday for what he described as a trail of broken promises on the path to war and the Democratic presidential nominee added that Bush squandered money that could be put to better use at home.

"I would not have made the wrong choices that are forcing us to pay nearly the entire cost of this war � more than $200 billion that we're not investing in education, health care and job creation here at home."

Kerry made the speech from the same site where Bush in 2002 made his case for removing Saddam Hussein (search) from power. During that speech, Bush called the Iraqi leader a "murderous tyrant" who may be plotting to attack the United States with biological and chemical weapons

www.foxnews.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Since the Republicans are focusing only on the "war" the Democrats are showing the other side of the war.
Over a thousand sons and daughters have given their lives. The focus should be on something else, since the "war" is dragging on and on with no end in sight.

The focus should really be on the economy and health care, and education. If we keep focusing on the "war" I don't know who will win the election. Just hope its not "Dubya" again, if he wins I am afraid he will have to start the draft again. The soldiers in Iraq have to rotated out. Not enough soldiers available to do this.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Nerdling]

new topics

join