It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong Il Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

No details yet, but what do you all think this will mean for the world?

Does anyone have other sources, more info yet?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Not sure what company he's in now, but I doubt he'll be "so ronery" judging by history.

I'm So Ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone
There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry
And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me
There's nobody I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage
I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me
I'm so ronery

Related story:

US aid a step toward Korea nuclear talks

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 18-12-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This can mean 1 of 2 things:

1. A new and even more dangerous Kim will take the throne. If this is the case, we may see a World shaking event in order to make his name as the successor of a tyrant.

2. A smarter and more peaceful Kim will take the throne in which case the people will be fed and perhaps freed from prison camps all over NK.

Can't see anywhere in between IMO.

My wife is Korean and she is celebrating right now. Maybe a little too early for confirmation but she's happy and I'm happy for her.

I met many North Koreans in South Korea that had escaped and had a chance to talk to a few. The stories of survival, atrocities and runs to freedom were both fascinating and horrifying. I would love to see the families reunited if this is a potential result.

Somehow tho, I have my doubts.

Peace

edit on 18-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Has he been sick that anyone knows of?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Kim Jong Il, North Korea’s ‘Dear Leader’ Dictator, Dead at 70, Yonhap Says

Kim Jong Il, the second-generation North Korean dictator who defied global condemnation to build nuclear weapons while his people starved, has died, Yonhap News reported. He was 70.

The news came in a radio broadcast at noon local time, Yonhap reported, citing North Korea’s official media. Kim probably had a stroke in August 2008 and may have also contracted pancreatic cancer, according to South Korean news reports.

The son of Kim Il Sung, North Korea’s founder, Kim was a chain-smoking recluse who ruled for 17 years after coming to power in July 1994 and resisted opening up to the outside world in order to protect his regime. The potential succession of his little-known third son, Kim Jong Un, threatens to trigger a dangerous period for the Korean peninsula, where 1.7 million troops from the two Koreas and the U.S. square off every day.

“Kim Jong Il inherited a genius for playing the weak hand and by keeping the major powers nervous, continuing his father’s tradition of turning Korea’s history of subservience on its head,” said Michael Breen, the Seoul-based author of “Kim Jong Il: North Korea’s Dear Leader,” a biography. “We have entered an uncertain moment with North Korea.”

source bloomberg

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has died at the age of 69, state-run television has announced.

His death was announced in an emotional statement read out on national television.

The announcer, wearing black, said he had died on Saturday of physical and mental over-work.

The BBC's Lucy Williamson in Seoul says his death will cause huge shock waves across North Korea.

Kim Jong-il has been the leader of the impoverished communist country since the death of his father Kim Il-sung in 1994.

He suffered a stroke in 2008 and was absent from public view for several months.

His designated successor is believed to be his third son, Kim Jong-woon, who is thought to be in his late 20s.

Source BBC

edit on 18-12-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
death sucks ! But it just might free up the people!

Hopefully this is a release of the dark cloud that was over that country!

good bye kim jong ! say hi to the other dictators for us

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresenttense

Will his son take take leadership?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I just hope the country can move forward now, and that things do not get worse. I am not going to celebrate his death, because he really should have be named Kim-Jong-Mentally-Il.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
www.bloomberg.com...

Bloomberg has a story up already.

Sorry, didnt see Pheonix's post.
edit on 18-12-2011 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
did a brief search couldn't find out anything else, he's dead though ,that much is clear

as to world ramifications i see nothing much changing his son will step into his shoes and be Beloved Leader?
Adored Leader something like that

link   
Maybe more aggression will ensue after this form the North Koreans - or maybe North Korea will be weaker than ever before which means the US might want to "negotiate" if you know what i mean

link   
The next one better not back down to the west...
NK is one of only a few nations who stand up for their rights..
At the same time lets hope the general population has something to gain from this because they have suffered for too long.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Hopefully the absurd nation of North Korea will have the chance to breath a sigh of relief.
edit on 18-12-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Just think how many starving North Koreans could have been fed with the money they invested in their nuke program. Instead NK sits on a few nukes that bring them to the nuke club, but for what?
All dressed up and nowhere to go. All nuked out and no place to nuke. The classic nuclear dilemma. All that money to utter three words. We Have Nukes.

So the heck what. Maybe his son will get a clue. Maybe they already have. News was just out that NK is going to sign an agreement to stop enriching uranium.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Here's the AP story:

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) -- Kim Jong Il, North Korea's mercurial and enigmatic leader, has died. He was 69. Kim's death was announced Monday by state television from the North Korean capital, Pyongyang. Kim is believed to have suffered a stroke in 2008 but appeared relatively vigorous in photos and video from recent trips to China and Russia and in numerous trips around the country carefully documented by state media. The leader, reputed to have had a taste for cigars, cognac and gourmet cuisine, was believed to have had diabetes and heart disease.

source

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Language in Video

And not a tear was shed.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join